South African President: Traditional courts instead of "white man's way"

ScienceRocks

Democrat all the way!
Mar 16, 2010
The Good insane United states of America

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jacob Zuma backs traditional courts instead of "white man's way" - Telegraph

Quote:
Jacob Zuma, the South African president, has issued a ringing endorsement of traditional courts, saying that problems should be resolved “the African way, not the white man’s way”.

Quote:
Mr Zuma, a proud Zulu who himself subscribes to traditional practices such as polygamy, said that those living in rural communities in South Africa found the traditional justice system a better way of resolving their disputes.

“Prisons are done by people who cannot resolve problems,” he was quoted as saying by South Africa’s Times newspaper.

“Let us solve African problems the African way, not the white man’s way. Let us not be influenced by other cultures and try to think the lawyers are going to help.

So the judge gets to be the judge, jury and executor. Sounds like idiocy to me...This isn't the white man way but quite universal among all races. South Africa seems to be going to hell. The only good thing that can come to such is if they make rape=death.

I'd think a jury can resolve problems fairly much more than one MAN. This Zuma is nuts.

Last edited:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jacob Zuma backs traditional courts instead of "white man's way" - Telegraph

Quote:
Jacob Zuma, the South African president, has issued a ringing endorsement of traditional courts, saying that problems should be resolved “the African way, not the white man’s way”.

Quote:
Mr Zuma, a proud Zulu who himself subscribes to traditional practices such as polygamy, said that those living in rural communities in South Africa found the traditional justice system a better way of resolving their disputes.

“Prisons are done by people who cannot resolve problems,” he was quoted as saying by South Africa’s Times newspaper.

“Let us solve African problems the African way, not the white man’s way. Let us not be influenced by other cultures and try to think the lawyers are going to help.

So the judge gets to be the judge, jury and executor. Sounds like idiocy to me...This isn't the white man way but quite universal among all races. South Africa seems to be going to hell. The only good thing that can come to such is if they make rape=death.

I'd think a jury can resolve problems fairly much more than one MAN. This Zuma is nuts.

Traditional African tribunals have reputation of being thorough, fair and very effective. Until African nations started to embrace Western ways to manage their lives, wars were minimal and so were crimes.

Forum List

Back