South African President Snubs Michelle Obama

Zander

Platinum Member
Sep 10, 2009
Los Angeles CA
Jacob Zuma snubs Michelle Obama during First Lady's South Africa visit - Telegraph

Mr Zuma was out of the country for the first day of Mrs Obama's second solo trip abroad on Tuesday and although he returned on Monday night, aides said he was "not available" to meet her.

Instead, he arranged for Corrective Services Minister Nosiviwe Mapisa-Nqakula to greet her on her arrival in Pretoria on Monday night, and one of his three wives, Nompumelelo Ntuli-Zuma, to meet her briefly on Tuesday.

Mrs Obama, her daughters Sasha and Malia and her mother Marian Robinson, were also granted a rare audience with 92-year-old former president Nelson Mandela at his Johannesburg home.

It was Mrs Obama's first encounter with the global icon, although her husband Barack Obama met him when still a senator on a 2006 Africa tour. Mrs Obama's aides revealed that a mobile phone photograph taken of that meeting now hangs in Mr Mandela's office.

When Mrs Obama made her first solo trip, to Mexico, she was guest of honour at a state dinner hosted by President Calderón and his wife.

I find this appalling. The USA gives South Africa over a half billion $$ a year in foreign aid, and their President can't find a few moments to meet with the first lady? He sends his head of prisons and his third wife?? WTF? I do not care what your politics are, this is an insult to our country.

What say you?

Since Obama has raised American respect around the world to new heights, I am sure Zuma felt unworthy to be in the presence of the greatness of his family.
/sarcasm off

Probably cause of the Libyan thing, Zuma has a good relationship with Gaddafi and hes probably pissed that the US is bombing the shit out of Libya.

I find this appalling. The USA gives South Africa over a half billion $$ a year in foreign aid, and their President can't find a few moments to meet with the first lady? He sends his head of prisons and his third wife?? WTF? I do not care what your politics are, this is an insult to our country.

What say you?

Obviously, Obama needs to take several months touring Africa, beginning with SA.

He needs to be photographed bowing and holding hands and participating in ridiculous rituals with every nation's leader so he can have embarrassing pics printed in the world-wide press which will then ignore any of his positive contributions:

dancing.jpg

president_george_bush_dances_with_drummers_from_mali_03.jpg

Jacob Zuma snubs Michelle Obama during First Lady's South Africa visit - Telegraph

Mr Zuma was out of the country for the first day of Mrs Obama's second solo trip abroad on Tuesday and although he returned on Monday night, aides said he was "not available" to meet her.

Instead, he arranged for Corrective Services Minister Nosiviwe Mapisa-Nqakula to greet her on her arrival in Pretoria on Monday night, and one of his three wives, Nompumelelo Ntuli-Zuma, to meet her briefly on Tuesday.

Mrs Obama, her daughters Sasha and Malia and her mother Marian Robinson, were also granted a rare audience with 92-year-old former president Nelson Mandela at his Johannesburg home.

It was Mrs Obama's first encounter with the global icon, although her husband Barack Obama met him when still a senator on a 2006 Africa tour. Mrs Obama's aides revealed that a mobile phone photograph taken of that meeting now hangs in Mr Mandela's office.

When Mrs Obama made her first solo trip, to Mexico, she was guest of honour at a state dinner hosted by President Calderón and his wife.

What say you?

It's either an insuilt to our country, or a justifiable statement about an obvious POS.

What say you?

Obama cut there AIDS money for one thing and is not as popular there as the Bushes. And it is only Mechelle, its not like she is an important figure in America. The prison minister thing is creepy though. Wonder if he offered her a tour.

Forum List

Back