South African doctor invents female condoms with 'teeth' to fight rape

CaféAuLait

This Space for Rent
Oct 29, 2008
Pacific Northwest
CNN) -- South African Dr. Sonnet Ehlers was on call one night four decades ago when a devastated rape victim walked in. Her eyes were lifeless; she was like a breathing corpse.

"She looked at me and said, 'If only had teeth down there,'" recalled Ehlers, who was a 20-year-old medical researcher at the time. "I promised her I'd do something to help people like her one day."

Forty years later, Rape-aXe was born.

Ehlers is distributing the female condoms in the various South African cities where the World Cup soccer games are taking place.

The woman inserts the latex condom like a tampon. Jagged rows of teeth-like hooks line its inside and attach on a man's penis during penetration, Ehlers said.

South African doctor invents female condoms with 'teeth' to fight rape - CNN.com

Simple and effective.

They would be legal in South Africa, but I think they would be illegal here.

But just the fear that one out of 100 girls might have one would be a really effective deterrent.

hmmm... my one question is would it cause bleeding? because it might be an effective way to prevent rape, but not necessarily stop the transfer of STDs such as Aids.

Definitely think that it's an interesting idea though.

LMAO!

And just how would you get the thing out?

The doctor needs to take it off the guy. The woman wears it as an everyday item-- like panties. It does not hurt her-- she can remove it at will. If a man rapes her the barbs get him from the inside of the 'condom'.

The woman inserts the latex condom like a tampon. Jagged rows of teeth-like hooks line its inside and attach on a man's penis during penetration, Ehlers said.

"The ideal situation would be for a woman to wear this when she's going out on some kind of blind date ... or to an area she's not comfortable with," she said.

Last edited:
hmmm... my one question is would it cause bleeding? because it might be an effective way to prevent rape, but not necessarily stop the transfer of STDs such as Aids.

She says there is no danger of fluid exposure:

"It hurts, he cannot pee and walk when it's on," she said. "If he tries to remove it, it will clasp even tighter... however, it doesn't break the skin, and there's no danger of fluid exposure."

I don't know. I'm thinking if you fuck with a guy's dick like that, he just might beat the life out of you. Also, it's not going to prevent women from getting ass or throat fucked. Sorry to be blunt.

Eh , the VC did this with Vietnamese whores to get Joe back in the 60's nothing new here

I don't know. I'm thinking if you fuck with a guy's dick like that, he just might beat the life out of you. Also, it's not going to prevent women from getting ass or throat fucked. Sorry to be blunt.

On a serious note, there are some fucked up people out there, I can imagine some man hating bitch giving a guy some just so she could do that to him. NOWAY that device ever becomes legal in the US.

Sadly that's exactly what I'm thinking. A guy goes to rape her gets that on his dick and he then proceeds to slash her throat and do a bunch more disgusting things...

I think he will be in too much pain to be paying any attention to her at all.

I wouldn't ever resort to rape, but I am worried that some women will use these things to "get back at men" if they were made legal , and I can tell you that if one did with me, I would fight through the pain and kill her.

You could try reading the fucking article

"It hurts, he cannot pee and walk when it's on," she said. "If he tries to remove it, it will clasp even tighter... however, it doesn't break the skin, and there's no danger of fluid exposure."

so... he's trapped in her... and he's trapped with him... and she can't get away because he can't get out...

anyone see a problem with this scenario?

Perhaps they'd be better off carrying one of these?

DAGGER2.JPG

Last edited:
I think he will be in too much pain to be paying any attention to her at all.

I wouldn't ever resort to rape, but I am worried that some women will use these things to "get back at men" if they were made legal , and I can tell you that if one did with me, I would fight through the pain and kill her.

Hmmm...sort of an updated version of Weekend at Bernie's, huh?.