Sources say Andy Pettitte to retire tomorrow

Article 15

Dr. House slayer
Jul 4, 2008
Report: Andy Pettitte to retire tomorrow | HardballTalk

64651_crop_340x234.jpg

I wish him well..

Big money pitcher when it counted and he had one of the best pickoff moves I ever saw

Loved those eyes peeking out from over his glove

andy_pettitte_eyes_glove.jpg

Last edited:
Good pitcher, great career but not a Hall of Famer.

I think the HOF thing is definitely debatable, and I don't necessarily mean that I think he's HOF status.

If he's not though, he's DAMN CLOSE. I don't like the idea of 300 wins being any kind of barometer, first of all. He's always been a winner, and his numbers are pretty fucking good.

The jury is still out in my opinion.

I think the HOF thing is definitely debatable, and I don't necessarily mean that I think he's HOF status.

If he's not though, he's DAMN CLOSE. I don't like the idea of 300 wins being any kind of barometer, first of all. He's always been a winner, and his numbers are pretty fucking good.

An argument could be made. He is borderline HOF and he did have some important victories

Could go veterans committee

An argument could be made. He is borderline HOF and he did have some important victories

Could go veterans committee
I thought for sure we would have rocked his geriatric ass all over the place in the '09 world series, but instead he shut us the fuck down.

He's a great pitcher. He's at the "crafty veteran" status that Jamie Moyer's been at for so long now.

You don't have to tell me doubt about Pettitte's big game prowess :lol:

It's the career ERA of nearly 4.00, career WHIP of 1.357, and lack of strike out punch that I can't get beyond.

I mean, he won lots of big games and has a nice winning percentage but I wonder what his record would look like if he was putting up a 4.50 ERA and 1.50 WHIP for a bad (or even decent) team and not for the Yankees during their dynasty years.

I'm with RW ... if he gets in it will be via the Veteran's Committee.

I could make a much better case for a borderline guy like the Baconator who was known as a big game pitcher than I could for Pettitte.

Forum List

Back