Source: Joe Lieberman unlikely to seek reelection in 2012

Way to play the nonsense Anti-Semite card.
Because it's the truth?

The right hated Joe's religious habits during the Gore/Lieberman days, and the left hated Joe's religious habits during the anti-war campaigns

That's about as valid as claiming that all Conservatives are racist, or all Blacks vote Democrat for free money.

I'm a Liberal, I've always intensely disliked Lieberman. And I'm 100% Jewish.

100%? Aren't you either Jewish or you're not? Can you be half Jew and half Muslim?

Because it's the truth?

The right hated Joe's religious habits during the Gore/Lieberman days, and the left hated Joe's religious habits during the anti-war campaigns

That's about as valid as claiming that all Conservatives are racist, or all Blacks vote Democrat for free money.

Being Jewish is one thing...hating Joe's politics is another...hating Joe is shit.

People are opponents and not enemies. You're no liberal if you hated Joe. You be maybe a progressive nitwit who marches to and listens to a choir

When I say I dislike him, I mean I dislike his politics. I've never met the man. And I'm sorry if I don't fit what you think "liberal" means, but honestly, I really don't give a shit what you think.

Lieberman is Tipper Gore part II. He's Pro-Censorship "for the sake of the Children", he's essentially a NeoCon when it comes to foreign policy, and he campaigned for McCain.

Notice how "He's Jewish" isn't anywhere on my list of reasons I dislike him.

Because it's the truth?

100%? Aren't you either Jewish or you're not? Can you be half Jew and half Muslim?

It depends. There's no central organizing body of Jews that declares you "Jewish" or "Not Jewish".

I've never really gotten my head around the whole Jew hating thing. Admittedly, I'm not Jewish, and I've only known a few... and I noted nothing out of the ordinary, except for a couple of the hard core ones from when I lived in NYC. They were bit odd, harmless, but odd.

They hate him because h backed Bush on the War on Terror. And the fact he's a Jew (and not the good type, you know, the self loathing, Israel hating Jew), probably doesn't help him with these folks.

Way to play the nonsense Anti-Semite card.

You're right, I'm sorry, the radical left is a big supporter of Israel and the Jew.

My bad.

:eusa_drool:

I love when Christians think that that if you're Jewish, you must support Israel, and if you don't, you're an anti-semite.

It depends. There's no central organizing body of Jews that declares you "Jewish" or "Not Jewish".

Isn't being Jewish distinct from being Hebrew? Seiously... is one race and the other a religion? Sammy Davis for instance... Jewish or Hebrew?

Being Jewish is one thing...hating Joe's politics is another...hating Joe is shit.

People are opponents and not enemies. You're no liberal if you hated Joe. You be maybe a progressive nitwit who marches to and listens to a choir

When I say I dislike him, I mean I dislike his politics. I've never met the man. And I'm sorry if I don't fit what you think "liberal" means, but honestly, I really don't give a shit what you think.

Lieberman is Tipper Gore part II. He's Pro-Censorship "for the sake of the Children", he's essentially a NeoCon when it comes to foreign policy, and he campaigned for McCain.

you said you 'intensely dislike' Lieberman...that was a far cry from saying you disagree with the man.

being a liberal would demand NOT hating an opponent and demonizing opponents as enemies. sorry, it's not my definition of a liberal, it's a liberal tenet

Isn't being Jewish distinct from being Hebrew? Seiously... is one race and the other a religion? Sammy Davis for instance... Jewish or Hebrew?

No. "Hebrew" is a language.

Or it can describe the direct descendants of the 12 tribes.

I'm guessing you don't know many Jewish people, do you?

You're right, I'm sorry, the radical left is a big supporter of Israel and the Jew.

My bad.

:eusa_drool:

I love when Christians think that that if you're Jewish, you must support Israel, and if you don't, you're an anti-semite.

I'm a Christian?

Anyhoo....

You're right. I'm sorry for making assumptions. I'll rephrase.

I love it when Gentiles (Goyim) think that if you're Jewish, you must support Israel, and if you don't, you're an anti-semite or a self-hating Jew.

I have known a few.... and I admit, we really didn't get too far into it.. Although, I felt compelled to ask why my apartments had the Dead Sea Scrolls nailed to my door frame.

you said you 'intensely dislike' Lieberman...that was a far cry from saying you disagree with the man.

being a liberal would demand NOT hating an opponent and demonizing opponents as enemies. sorry, it's not my definition of a liberal, it's a liberal tenet

Feel free to point out where I've "Demonized" Lieberman.

Source: Joe Lieberman unlikely to seek reelection in 2012 - Molly Ball and Manu Raju - POLITICO.com

Connecticut Sen. Joe Lieberman — deeply unpopular with voters in his home state — is unlikely to seek reelection, a knowledgeable source tells POLITICO ahead of the senator’s announcement on Wednesday.

The four-term senator’s decision comes after months of speculation on the political future of the independent Democrat.

“After many thoughtful conversations with family and friends over the last several months, Sen. Lieberman made a decision about his future over the holidays which he plans to announce on Wednesday,” said Erika Masonhall, a Lieberman spokeswoman who declined to comment further.

Lieberman is scheduled to speak at 12:30 p.m. at the Marriott Hotel in Stamford, Conn. Last month, he told MSNBC that if he ran, it would probably be as an independent.

Bon Voyage Joe.

uhm, what happened to the right wing moderate purge?;)

its come home to roost....sorry, but there it is.

Now, lets all have a group hug....

I have known a few.... and I admit, we really didn't get too far into it.. Although, I felt compelled to ask why my apartments had the Dead Sea Scrolls nailed to my door frame.

You mean a mezuzah? They're put there to fulfill a mitzvah.
Deuteronomy 6:9 And thou shalt write them upon the door-posts of thy house, and upon thy gates

Deuteronomy 6:9 And thou shalt write them upon the door-posts of thy house, and upon thy gates

That sounds right. A lady came by collecting for the JDL, I told her I really didn't know much of the JDL, so I'll pass. She wanted to know how a Jew doesn't know of the JDL. I told because I'm not a Jew. She said "why do you have a Mezuzah". I said, I don't even know what it is, it was here when I moved in". She just looked disgusted and walked off.

Last edited:

That sounds right. A lady came by collecting for the JDL, I told her I really didn't know much of the JDL, so I'll pass. She wanted to know how a Jew doesn't know of the JDL. I told because I'm not a Jew. She said "why do yoiu have a Mezuzah". I said, I don'tt evne know what it is, it was here when I moved in". She just looked disgusted and walked off.

Do you mean UJA? I don't think the JDL does door-to-door fundraising....

saying you 'intensely dislike' a man leads the way to demonization. to say what you did goes far beyond the pale of disagreeing with a man's politics...and admitting you are a supposed liberal...while hating Joe?

Lieberman's record looks yet more progressive. Here are his ratings from key issue advocacy groups according to the Almanac of American Politics:

* Americans for Democratic Action: 80
* League of Conservation Voters: 100
* American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees: 86
* American Civil Liberties Union: 83

LieberDem: The Truth about Lieberman's Voting Record

That sounds right. A lady came by collecting for the JDL, I told her I really didn't know much of the JDL, so I'll pass. She wanted to know how a Jew doesn't know of the JDL. I told because I'm not a Jew. She said "why do yoiu have a Mezuzah". I said, I don'tt evne know what it is, it was here when I moved in". She just looked disgusted and walked off.

Do you mean UJA? I don't think the JDL does door-to-door fundraising....

Maybe, I could swear it was the JDL though. It's been more than a few years. Hell, I already forgot what I had for lunch.

Last edited:

saying you 'intensely dislike' a man leads the way to demonization. to say what you did goes far beyond the pale of disagreeing with a man's politics...and admitting you are a supposed liberal...while hating Joe?

Lieberman's record looks yet more progressive. Here are his ratings from key issue advocacy groups according to the Almanac of American Politics:

* Americans for Democratic Action: 80
* League of Conservation Voters: 100
* American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees: 86
* American Civil Liberties Union: 83

LieberDem: The Truth about Lieberman's Voting Record

I didn't say I hated Lieberman. Keep you words straight. And I don't care what his "ratings" are. It's funny that you mention AFSCME though - they put a shitload of money into Lamont's campaign in '06.

Forum List

Back