Source: Joe Lieberman unlikely to seek reelection in 2012

Modbert

Daydream Believer
Sep 2, 2008
Source: Joe Lieberman unlikely to seek reelection in 2012 - Molly Ball and Manu Raju - POLITICO.com

Connecticut Sen. Joe Lieberman — deeply unpopular with voters in his home state — is unlikely to seek reelection, a knowledgeable source tells POLITICO ahead of the senator’s announcement on Wednesday.

The four-term senator’s decision comes after months of speculation on the political future of the independent Democrat.

“After many thoughtful conversations with family and friends over the last several months, Sen. Lieberman made a decision about his future over the holidays which he plans to announce on Wednesday,” said Erika Masonhall, a Lieberman spokeswoman who declined to comment further.

Lieberman is scheduled to speak at 12:30 p.m. at the Marriott Hotel in Stamford, Conn. Last month, he told MSNBC that if he ran, it would probably be as an independent.

Bon Voyage Joe.

Good fucking riddance.

I wonder if Lamont will run again. I think losing the governor's nomination might mark the end of Ned's career, but we'll see.

I could see Lamont running. Who would the GOP run?

Good fucking riddance.

I wonder if Lamont will run again. I think losing the governor's nomination might mark the end of Ned's career, but we'll see.

I could see Lamont running. Who would the GOP run?

Honestly, I have no idea. They scraped the bottom on the barrel already last year in the race for Dodd's seat. Maybe The Undertaker will run this time.

don't ask, don't tell.

Poor Joe, a great liberal who went over the deep end and came back just as people gave up caring about him.

sad, he was a great Senator

so because he left your beloved party and ran on his own independent ideals....that makes him a lousy senator?

apparently you only want a left wing sheeple as your senator....

don't ask, don't tell.

Poor Joe, a great liberal who went over the deep end and came back just as people gave up caring about him.

so because he left your beloved party and ran on his own independent ideals....that makes him a lousy senator?

still stuck on 'stupid'? :lol::lol::lol:

I left the DNC like Joe did. I stayed a liberal like Joe did. I dislike people like that progressive nitwit Lamont. I gave up on Joe after he won reelection and started to act like a spoiled child. He shamed himself. People stopped caring about him.

Joe Lieberman allowed his enemies to define him -- shame on him.

don't ask, don't tell.

I left the DNC like Joe did. I stayed a liberal like Joe did. I dislike people like that progressive nitwit Lamont. I gave up on Joe after he won reelection and started to act like a spoiled child. He shamed himself. People stopped caring about him.

?

what positions did joe change when he switched to an independent? apparently you only dislike him because in your OPINION he became spoiled....how is that possible when he gave up the backing of a major political party to strike it out on his own?

?

what positions did joe change when he switched to an independent? apparently you only dislike him because in your OPINION he became spoiled....how is that possible when he gave up the backing of a major political party to strike it out on his own?

They hate him because h backed Bush on the War on Terror. And the fact he's a Jew (and not the good type, you know, the self loathing, Israel hating Jew), probably doesn't help him with these folks.

?

They hate him because h backed Bush on the War on Terror. And the fact he's a Jew (and not the good type, you know, the self loathing, Israel hating Jew), probably doesn't help him with these folks.

Way to play the nonsense Anti-Semite card.

?

:cuckoo:

Joe didn't give up anything...the voters in the Democratic primary rejected him :lol:

gawd, you're a fool. :lol:

Joe started to act out after leading Democrats didn't come to his defense as strongly as they could've after he lost the primary (where the DNC backed him)...but they had party loyalties. Belonging to a party comes with obligations and duties.

Joe has been in politics for ages...he left hubris and ego overcome his good sense. He lost the respect of many who stuck by him (I beral Democrat, in a primary.

Joe looked like an angry old fool, like McCain :(

?

Because it's the truth?

The right hated Joe's religious habits during the Gore/Lieberman days, and the left hated Joe's religious habits during the anti-war campaigns

?

true

:evil:

so true

:(

Because it's the truth?

The right hated Joe's religious habits during the Gore/Lieberman days, and the left hated Joe's religious habits during the anti-war campaigns

That's about as valid as claiming that all Conservatives are racist, or all Blacks vote Democrat for free money.

I'm a Liberal, I've always intensely disliked Lieberman. And I'm 100% Jewish.

Because it's the truth?

That's about as valid as claiming that all Conservatives are racist, or all Blacks vote Democrat for free money.

I'm a Liberal, I've always intensely disliked Lieberman. And I'm 100% Jewish.

Being Jewish is one thing...hating Joe's politics is another...hating Joe is shit.

People are opponents and not enemies. You're no liberal if you hated Joe. You be maybe a progressive nitwit who marches to and listens to a choir

I have consistently said (pre- Arizona Shooting) I view people I disagree with politically and philosophically as opponents and NOT enemies.

The left wing and the right wing never get IT

?

You're right, I'm sorry, the radical left is a big supporter of Israel and the Jew.

My bad.

:eusa_drool:

Forum List

Back