Source: Favre, Vikings to meet

CrimsonWhite

*****istrator Emeritus
Mar 13, 2006
Guntucky
Minnesota Vikings coach Brad Childress and quarterback Brett Favre plan to meet at an undisclosed location later this week to discuss the possibility of the former Packers and Jets quarterback renouncing his retirement from the NFL to play the 2009 season with the Vikings, according to a source with direct knowledge of discussions between the two parties.

There is a mutual understanding that sometime soon thereafter Favre will decide whether to sign with the Vikings. The team would expect him to participate fully in offseason minicamps and training camps, which he missed last year with the Jets.

Favre has not been working out, and he declined to have surgery to repair the torn biceps tendon that plagued him the final month of last season.

Favre may believe the injury can heal on its own, as did a similar problem with his left shoulder while he played in Green Bay.

Source: Brett Favre to talk to Brad Childress about playing - ESPN

And so the saga continues.....

You know, I am a huge Brett Favre fan. I am a cheesehead first, but being a Green Bay fan, you cannot help but love the guy. Hell, I even went out and bought a Jets hat last year to support his choice to come back and play. However, I refuse to buy a Vikings hat.

I don't know if this is Favre actually wanting to still play or if it is Favre wanting to stick it to Ted Thompson, but eitrher way, I simply have zero capacity to sit through three segments and hour on Sportscenter watching this fucking soap opera. I always want Brett Favre to do well, but if he goes to the Vikings that sentiment mught change. GO PACK!

Minnesota Vikings coach Brad Childress and quarterback Brett Favre plan to meet at an undisclosed location later this week to discuss the possibility of the former Packers and Jets quarterback renouncing his retirement from the NFL to play the 2009 season with the Vikings, according to a source with direct knowledge of discussions between the two parties.

There is a mutual understanding that sometime soon thereafter Favre will decide whether to sign with the Vikings. The team would expect him to participate fully in offseason minicamps and training camps, which he missed last year with the Jets.

Favre has not been working out, and he declined to have surgery to repair the torn biceps tendon that plagued him the final month of last season.

Favre may believe the injury can heal on its own, as did a similar problem with his left shoulder while he played in Green Bay.

Source: Brett Favre to talk to Brad Childress about playing - ESPN

And so the saga continues.....

You know, I am a huge Brett Favre fan. I am a cheesehead first, but being a Green Bay fan, you cannot help but love the guy. Hell, I even went out and bought a Jets hat last year to support his choice to come back and play. However, I refuse to buy a Vikings hat.

I don't know if this is Favre actually wanting to still play or if it is Favre wanting to stick it to Ted Thompson, but eitrher way, I simply have zero capacity to sit through three segments and hour on Sportscenter watching this fucking soap opera. I always want Brett Favre to do well, but if he goes to the Vikings that sentiment mught change. GO PACK!
some guys just don't know when to give up!

This is as bad as Johnny Damon leaving the Red Sox for the Yankees, or Rick Pitino going to Louisville after being a coach at Kentucky! :eek:

This is as bad as Johnny Damon leaving the Red Sox for the Yankees, or Rick Pitino going to Louisville after being a coach at Kentucky! :eek:

No shit. The Jets move didn't bother me, but the FUCKING VIKINGS?

See, too bad he couldn't be like Reggie Miller, and stay with the same team his entire career and go out in style.

I'm afraid our man Brett is becoming a laughingstock. :(

I wonder if Brett Favre comes out of retirement, will John Madden come out of retirement too? :lol:

I wonder if Brett Favre comes out of retirement, will John Madden come out of retirement too? :lol:

They can travel the country together in the Madden Mobile! :lol:

{That would be a sweet ride, I'd love to take that baby around the country one summer}

f-Attention-Whore-626.jpg

Not so much. The Vikings went to him this time. You can't knocka guy for wanting to play football. The attention is the media's fault here. My problem here is simply him playing for the Vikings. Kinda like Damon or Boggs or Clemens going to the Yankees.

Damnit, let me hate on Favre ... I'm still sore from Super Bowl XXXI

Hate on him all you want. He is still better than most QB's in the league, even at his age and condition. The man is a force of nature. I just can't see him playing in Minnesota and absolutely refuse to wish him well there.

As a Vikings fan, I approve of this meeting.

Also as a Vikings fan, I find this intriguing. Adrian peterson was running against 8 and 9 men in the box every play last year. With Favre at QB, the defenses will have to play AP honest. 2500 yards? maybe...

The Vikes need a QB and Favre needs one last chance. He'll only need to play about 1 half per game most of the time. The D will be crushing and with a trigger man, the offense might actually score this year.

Not to metion that Favre will get two chances this year to rub Ted Thompson's nose in it.

Intriguing.

Also as a Vikings fan, I find this intriguing. Adrian peterson was running against 8 and 9 men in the box every play last year. With Favre at QB, the defenses will have to play AP honest. 2500 yards? maybe...

The Vikes need a QB and Favre needs one last chance. He'll only need to play about 1 half per game most of the time. The D will be crushing and with a trigger man, the offense might actually score this year.

Not to metion that Favre will get two chances this year to rub Ted Thompson's nose in it.

Intriguing.

You are discounting the fact that you cannot win every game by running. Favre will get you the games that Peterson can't. Berrian is great target for Favre and with a healthy Percy Harvin, running indoors, that is two weapons that Favre will utilize all year. Favre gets the Vikings over the hump and into the Super Bowl. Simple as that. That is what pisses me off.

Intriguing.

All Favre has got to do is keep defenses honest. And be able to hit the slant to Percy Harvin in the slot!

We're a decent QB away from doing some real damage in the playoffs.

Oh, and a decent coach too.:lol:

Intriguing.

You are discounting the fact that you cannot win every game by running. Favre will get you the games that Peterson can't. Berrian is great target for Favre and with a healthy Percy Harvin, running indoors, that is two weapons that Favre will utilize all year. Favre gets the Vikings over the hump and into the Super Bowl. Simple as that. That is what pisses me off.

It's a little amazing that with Favre (maybe), Rogers and Cutler the north has 3 pretty good QB's. Detroit might be the surprise team. I wouldn't bet the rent money on that, though.

Harvin may be coming into an ideal situation. The problem with the Vikes, though, is that there are too many ifs and buts. If they are going to do it with Favre, this is the only year. It's a movie waiting to be made or yet another sad footnote to a career that should have ended sooner.

It's going to be Favre or some guy that gets cut in July. If there's a vet out there that's got one year left in his arm, like Cunningham in '98, this is an ideal situation.

No, the johnny damon thing would be like Favre putting on a Bears uniform.

New Topics

Forum List

Back