Sour Grapes Or Serious Indicators?

Discussion in 'Middle East - General' started by NATO AIR, Sep 13, 2004.

1. NATO AIR

NATO AIR Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +282
    i wonder if this guy is just mad or if he's making serious points... i agree with his assessement that they should have continued with the assault on fallujah, perhaps the insurgency would not be so strong. but with al-queda losing hope on starting religious/ethnic war between iraqis and just poisoning the country's future, would this have mattered in the long run?

(btw, i don't consider this "bad news", i think if taken correctly by folks in charge, it might be part of some neccessary soul-searching on better tactics and decisions in the crucial upcoming months)

2. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    I don't think he's acting via being 'mad,' though with the number of US Troops killed because of the pullback, I could understand that though. Personally, I thought the pullback was wrong at the time, though I'm not so sure anymore, in spite of the loss of troops. It was an important point of letting the Iraqis come to control taking, their thinking is different than ours, but more likely to be seen as 'more legitimate.'

3. JIHADTHIS

JIHADTHIS Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22
    I think he is being honest, not sour grapes. The unwillingness of the politicos to "conquer" Fallujah is probably causing the majority of the problems we face now. Not going in was 1 thing, but going in and then stopping after 3 days shows weakness. The Marines could have (and still can) clean up that shit hole if their hands weren't tied behind their backs............

4. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    possibly,but it's not our call anymore. Iraq is sovereign and calls the shots. They can tell the US to leave the country entirely if the wish.

5. waltky

waltky Wise ol' monkey Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,860
    Assad sendin' out feelers to Russia...
    :cool:
    Assad sends envoy to Moscow for talks on ending Syria's conflict
    December 26, 2012 - The Syrian senior diplomat is expected to discuss the UN mediator's proposals for ending the conflict. Russia, meanwhile, has signaled growing acceptance of President Assad exiting power.

6. waltky

waltky Wise ol' monkey Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,860
    Assad gonna announce he's steppin' down?...
    :eusa_eh:
    Syrian president to give speech Sunday
    Jan 5,`13 -- Syrian President Bashar Assad will deliver a speech on Sunday in a rare address to the nation, state media said, as rebels fighting to topple his embattled regime pressed ahead with an offensive on the capital.