Soups on! What are you having for dinner tonight?

Yeah, Cam does look even better in the newer episodes. Something about the hair, maybe? I can't put my finger on it.

I'm not big on the other new girl though in House's new team. She does nothing for me.

And it's kind of goofy having Kumar, too. I only know him as the dumb stoner from Harold and Kumar.

LMAO---Kumar takes some getting used to but the writers feed these guys with so many great lines ---funny. Oh--did I mention Cameron was hot ? :lol:

Truth be told, its just Pepperidge Farm garlic Texas Toast...so I'm not sure it really counts...but I'm trying to use up as much as possible in my fridge before Thanksgiving.

We put Olives in our chili

Do you cook it that way, or dip them in the chili?

We have always dipped the pickles in the chili, started out as a kid, and all of us (and now our kids) still do that...just wondered if anyone else did.

I hate olives! I really wish I liked them, I love anything salty, but olives-GROSS!

I had only Fox for something like 2 years because I didn't have cable. Even then, I couldn't handle 24. 24 night was like fifth of whiskey night or rent a movie night.

I haven't even thought about dinner tonight. I'm thinking cereal or ramen noodles. Is that child abuse? They eat two squares and snacks during the day, at school and at "Nana's" the sitter's, so I don't sweat dinner too much at this point. Sometimes we have something great, sometimes it's pretty basic. I might be up for pork chops tonight, they're basic and great. Mashed tatoes (instant, sorry, I'm a working mom and the kids love them) but homemade gravy because I'm a good cook and won't eat canned gravy and maybe peas, or cucumbers..something green.

Then again. Maybe ramen and cucumbers. A lot easier and the kids like that just as well. Does a noodle and a cucumber make a complete protein????
Peaches or plums for dessert, both go over well.

We have always dipped the pickles in the chili, started out as a kid, and all of us (and now our kids) still do that...just wondered if anyone else did.

I hate olives! I really wish I liked them, I love anything salty, but olives-GROSS!

Cook the green olives in the chili...and sometimes Capers. It's yummy!

I had only Fox for something like 2 years because I didn't have cable. Even then, I couldn't handle 24. 24 night was like fifth of whiskey night or rent a movie night.

I haven't even thought about dinner tonight. I'm thinking cereal or ramen noodles. Is that child abuse? They eat two squares and snacks during the day, at school and at "Nana's" the sitter's, so I don't sweat dinner too much at this point. Sometimes we have something great, sometimes it's pretty basic. I might be up for pork chops tonight, they're basic and great. Mashed tatoes (instant, sorry, I'm a working mom and the kids love them) but homemade gravy because I'm a good cook and won't eat canned gravy and maybe peas, or cucumbers..something green.

Then again. Maybe ramen and cucumbers. A lot easier and the kids like that just as well. Does a noodle and a cucumber make a complete protein????
Peaches or plums for dessert, both go over well.

We love ramen noodles in our house. We jazz it up with shrimp, spinach, egg... I know what you mean. Sometimes, after a long day, that is all I can cook up as well. You can also add some frozen vegetables like corn.

I like a boiled egg in my ramen noodles, and green onions.

The kids just like them plain.

But I called and Nana fed the kids! Woo hoo! I can have anything I want or nothing at all! It's like a holiday!

I really love Mondays.

Just made chicken stir fry with rice.

The girl is almost never home at night because of work, so I'm Mr. Mom most nights.

It's really starting to get old.

Couple more months to go.

Just made chicken stir fry with rice.

The girl is almost never home at night because of work, so I'm Mr. Mom most nights.

It's really starting to get old.

Couple more months to go.

Kudos to you!

I think a man should know how to cook. I can't stand it when a man can't even make himself a simple meal. It isn't womanly to know how to cook. It's empowering and definitely an asset because there are a lot of women out there that can't cook for beans.

Have you ever had any of the hundreds of different of types of olives that one can buy in good delis, or are you assuming that that unplatable crap coming out of cans is the full spectrum of the olive world?

Seriously there are so many different types of olives, and those are cured in so many various ways that I suspect your disgust for olives has to be based on the fact that you've never really eaten any good olives.

If it comes out of a can or bottle?

It's not really an olive anymore. It might have started out as an olive, but they stripped it of it essantialy olive-ness.

Find any good medieranian deli where the mid easterners or Italians or Greeks shop and there you will discover (I suspect) that you have never eaten an authentic olive.

Have you ever had any of the hundreds of different of types of olives that one can buy in good delis, or are you assuming that that unplatable crap coming out of cans is the full spectrum of the olive world?

Seriously there are so many different types of olives, and those are cured in so many various ways that I suspect your disgust for olives has to be based on the fact that you've never really eaten any good olives.

If it comes out of a can or bottle?

It's not really an olive anymore. It might have started out as an olive, but they stripped it of it essantialy olive-ness.

Find any good medieranian deli where the mid easterners or Italians or Greeks shop and there you will discover (I suspect) that you have never eaten an authentic olive.

OK editec my friend, I trust your judgement, so I promise you I will taste an Italian or Greek olive, and report back to you with my findings.

Now, do I soak it in a martini glass with vodka first?

Forum List

Back