Soup Kitchen Loses Donors Because Of Paul Ryan

Aug 7, 2012
I don't think this is right on the part of donors. They should find some other way to say they despise Ryan but it also makes a point!
Soup Kitchen Loses Donors Because Of Paul Ryan – What You Can Do About It
October 18, 2012
By Kimberley Johnson

Last week, Paul Ryan and his campaign forced their way into the Mahoning County St. Vincent De Paul Society soup kitchen for a photo-op. Ryan picked up a clean pot and started washing it to prove what a great guy he is. He got caught.

Ryan’s pathetic attempt to appear charitable in order to score votes has backfired—for the charity. The organization that runs the facility told Huffington Post that donors have been pulling their money out of the charity. Huffpost reports: Brian J. Antal, president of the Mahoning County St. Vincent De Paul Society, confirmed that donors have begun an exodus in protest over Ryan’s embarrassment. The monetary losses have been big. “It appears to be a substantial amount,” Antal said. “You can rest assured there has been a substantial backlash.” He added “I can’t say how much donations we lost. Donations are a private matter with our organization.”

When the story broke, Antal told the Washington Post the photo of Ryan should never have happened. He told the newspaper that Ryan and his team “ramrodded their way” inside and the photo-op was not authorized.

read more:

Proof that Dems are intolerant of other people who dont believe what they do..

And obviously they are proud of their intolerance.

About Us | Addicting Info

Addicting Info started as a resource to discredit all the lies and propaganda that the right-wing spreads. When I undertook the project I thought I would probably have about 100 different articles about a number of different myths, and people could sort through them at will. Eventually that expanded to news and other info, and I quickly realized the DAUNTING task of actually trying to discredit EVERY right-wing myth that is in existence, especially with the constant creation of new ones.

I take it they consider this an unbiased site?

Immie

I don't think this is right on the part of donors. They should find some other way to say they despise Ryan but it also makes a point!
October 18, 2012
By Kimberley Johnson

Last week, Paul Ryan and his campaign forced their way into the Mahoning County St. Vincent De Paul Society soup kitchen for a photo-op. Ryan picked up a clean pot and started washing it to prove what a great guy he is. He got caught.

Ryan’s pathetic attempt to appear charitable in order to score votes has backfired—for the charity. The organization that runs the facility told Huffington Post that donors have been pulling their money out of the charity. Huffpost reports: Brian J. Antal, president of the Mahoning County St. Vincent De Paul Society, confirmed that donors have begun an exodus in protest over Ryan’s embarrassment. The monetary losses have been big. “It appears to be a substantial amount,” Antal said. “You can rest assured there has been a substantial backlash.” He added “I can’t say how much donations we lost. Donations are a private matter with our organization.”

When the story broke, Antal told the Washington Post the photo of Ryan should never have happened. He told the newspaper that Ryan and his team “ramrodded their way” inside and the photo-op was not authorized.

read more:

Antal LIED about Ryan washing clean pots and dishes and won't back this claim up with evidence, sounds like another convenient lie from a known liar.

Wow, the poor aren't priorities for these Dems. This is one of the most petty-minded actions I've seen in a long time.

October 18, 2012
By Kimberley Johnson

read more:

Antal LIED about Ryan washing clean pots and dishes and won't back this claim up with evidence, sounds like another convenient lie from a known liar.

When did Antal "lie"?

Because it's the fault of the hungry and homeless that eat there that Paul Ryan had a photo op in the soup kitchen. Why stop there - grab your pitchforks and torches and show those hungry people who's boss.

Wow, the poor aren't priorities for these Dems. This is one of the most petty-minded actions I've seen in a long time.
???

It makes absolutely no sense that Democrats would pull their funding from the charity in this case. It does make sense that republicans would. It was after all republicans who they upset.

???

It makes absolutely no sense that Democrats would pull their funding from the charity in this case. It does make sense that republicans would. It was after all republicans who they upset.

I have to ask...... Did you fall on your head this morning?

Seriously, are you OK?

???

Seriously, are you OK?
No... I guess I'm just flat out stupid. Would you please explain to me why dems would pull their money out of a charity that essentially embarrassed Ryan?

???

Seriously, are you OK?
No... I guess I'm just flat out stupid. Would you please explain to me why dems would pull their money out of a charity that essentially embarrassed Ryan?
Oh, any old excuse to decrease one's personal charitable giving sounds good to a Democrat. Al Gore was a tight-wad asshole wasn't he?

Who gives a fuck how people donate their money? You turn something political and no fuckin shit people are going to react on a political level. If Obama went to a Bar, and the owner allowed Obama to make a photo op of it that helped him look good to small businesses you fuckers can't tell me you wouldn't boycott that bar.

The kitchen did the very same thing. They took a chance that it would help them and instead it hurt them. Who knows, maybe now that the story breaks Republicans will start to donate there in mass quantities and that will make headlines.

Get a life lefties. O-blame-a shipped 3,000 illegal weapons to Mexico and innocent people are still being killed. Both Hil and Hussein "took responsibility" for the criminal negligence that caused the death of the US Ambassador and two Veteran Navy Seals and the radical left is hysterical about a photo-op in a soup kitchen. The freaking soup kitchen is busy because of president Hussein's policies.

Seriously, are you OK?
Oh, any old excuse to decrease one's personal charitable giving sounds good to a Democrat. Al Gore was a tight-wad asshole wasn't he?
I have no clue. I've never been a fan of democrats. We fundamentally disagree on many things.

I think the majors that I agree with them on is Pro-Choice, Gay Marriage, and Stem-cell research. But they are so economically stupid that I have never voted for one.

???

Really? Last I remember most soup kitchens are religous based, and since the democrats took God from their party during their last convention. I guess democrates just needed an excuse to pull their money.

The article is so damned bias that it can't possibly give an accurate description of the event. Saying they forced their way in makes it sound like the volunteers were held hostage or something. That wouldn't upset the left. They'd love it if that really happened and they'd all come out to support the soup kitchen.

If any of that story were true, the last thing Dems would do is punish the charity and the poor they seek to help. I think the story in the OP is absolutely false and that the soup kitchen invited Ryan in and that is why the left is angry at them. Nothing else even begins to make sense.

I do hope the Repubs donate to the kitchen. They have been proven to be the side that gives the most to charity and this won't be any different.

If they are hoping that a stop at a soup kitchen will take people's minds off the Benghazi attack, the crappy economy or the polls that show decreasing support for Obama, they are mistaken. I think stuff like this just makes them look more desperate and it will hurt them because they turned their backs on the poor just so they could take a hit at Ryan.

The article is so damned bias that it can't possibly give an accurate description of the event. Saying they forced their way in makes it sound like the volunteers were held hostage or something. That wouldn't upset the left. They'd love it if that really happened and they'd all come out to support the soup kitchen.

If any of that story were true, the last thing Dems would do is punish the charity and the poor they seek to help. I think the story in the OP is absolutely false and that the soup kitchen invited Ryan in and that is why the left is angry at them. Nothing else even begins to make sense.

I do hope the Repubs donate to the kitchen. They have been proven to be the side that gives the most to charity and this won't be any different.

If they are hoping that a stop at a soup kitchen will take people's minds off the Benghazi attack, the crappy economy or the polls that show decreasing support for Obama, they are mistaken. I think stuff like this just makes them look more desperate and it will hurt them because they turned their backs on the poor just so they could take a hit at Ryan.

So you think the director of the soup kitchen is lying?

Forum List

Back