'Soul Train' creator Don Cornelius dead

Conservative

Type 40
Jul 1, 2011
Pennsylvania
'Soul Train' Creator Don Cornelius Dead Of Apparent Suicide, Report Says | Fox News

Don Cornelius, the television personality who famously created "Soul Train" was found dead in his Sherman Oaks, CA home this morning, and law enforcement sources tell TMZ it appears he committed suicide.

TMZ reports cops discovered the body at around 4 a.m PST. Law enforcement sources tell TMZ Cornelius died from a gunshot wound to the head and officials believe the wound was self-inflicted.

TMZ reports Cornelius was taken to the hospital where he was later pronounced dead.

"Soul Train" changed the landscape of television when it debuted in 1971 and ran until 2006.

Officials have notified his family. He was 75.

The music world will mourn the passing of a legend.

According to the latest, and I've been watching the news all morning. There has been no confirmation that the gunshot was self-inflicted.

Hip hop and rap artists and producers normally shoot one another so it would not be a surprise.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3nPLfG9gZY]MFSB TSOP The Sound Of Philadelphia-58orly - YouTube[/ame]

ridin' off on that soooooooooooooouuuuuul train... peace out, yo.

Soul Train kicked ass back in the 70's...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwy8gSx9cSk]Soul Train That's The Way KC & Sunshine Band - YouTube[/ame]

Don Kirshner and the Mr. C. really broke all the music rules and just rocked it out.

Those were the days when you could know all the words to Whiter Shade of Pale or Wichita Lineman or Love is the Drug or secretly dance to Disco Duck in your living room.

That's sad to hear about Mr. C dying the way it's been described.

Prayers for his family.

Wow! What a blast from the past. I mean hell, I was just a young kid in the single digits, pushing 10 or 11 and I remember Soul Train well. I loved it! This is very sad news this morning. Sad indeed. To live to the age of 75 only to commit suicide, if that is the case. It's just tragic.

Forum List

Back