sotomayor unimpressive

you clearly don't know anything about the court.

thomas asks no questions and doesn't really engage in discussion about caselaw. he usually says "me, too".

but thanks for your continued showing that you know nothing.

Have you ever actually read a Thomas decision? He asks no question during the presentations but I'll put his decisions against any other Justice since the founding of the Republic.

Stop spewing stupid fucking Librul talking points when you're around me, I find it offensive and you should at least give me warning so I can put on a Hazmat suit and avoid your spittle

you don't see me saying those things about scalia, roberts, alito and kennedy, do you, nutbar?

didn't think so.

and if you asked who my favorite justice is/was, I'd tell you Sandra Day O'Connor even though I didn't always agree with her.

see, that's the problem with you wingnuts, you have no ability to separate politics from whether you think someone is smart or not so you think no one else does either.

Thomas had no business being appointed to the court.

Do you know what a "hot bench is"?

As for whether I've read his opinions, it's pretty much part of my job TO read decisions.... not all, but a lot.

How to destroy your credibility in 2 posts by Jillian.

"thomas asks no questions and doesn't really engage in discussion about caselaw. he usually says "me, too".

Now she was born in this country so there should be no excuse for an erudite judge to make mistakes such as (and i am paraphrasing here)

"when one is in eminent danger"...

did she mean imminent?

or

"...vagrancies in the fire department..."

you mean vacancies do you not?

These may be minor things but in the world of jurisprudence minor mistakes in language can have significant ramifications.

And no one before her has ever misspoken, right?

george-w-bush-picture.jpeg

But but but but but but I thought that misspeaking was a sure sign of abject stupidity, or is it only when a Republican misspeaks?

You are correct. As you noted in the OP, misspeaking is a sign of abject stupidity. Sotomayor is stupid.

Now you finally can see the stupidity that America has had to deal with for the last 8 years. Thanks for admitting that.

over 300 published decisions and only 4 reversed by the high court? and even then, the decision on the big ones were 5-4 and she's "unimpressive"?

see... this is why no one listens to you loons.
There you go again Jill.

Only 6 of her cases went to the supreme court, and 4 were overturned, 66%.

The court doesn't hear every single case in the country as you well know.

I think they spiked JIllian's Kool-Aid and he/she has developed a uncontrollable liking for it.

He/she is not capable of understanding the point of your comment. :booze:

you clearly don't know anything about the court.

thomas asks no questions and doesn't really engage in discussion about caselaw. he usually says "me, too".

but thanks for your continued showing that you know nothing.

Have you ever actually read a Thomas decision? He asks no question during the presentations but I'll put his decisions against any other Justice since the founding of the Republic.

Stop spewing stupid fucking Librul talking points when you're around me, I find it offensive and you should at least give me warning so I can put on a Hazmat suit and avoid your spittle

you don't see me saying those things about scalia, roberts, alito and kennedy, do you, nutbar?

didn't think so.

and if you asked who my favorite justice is/was, I'd tell you Sandra Day O'Connor even though I didn't always agree with her.

see, that's the problem with you wingnuts, you have no ability to separate politics from whether you think someone is smart or not so you think no one else does either.

Thomas had no business being appointed to the court.

Do you know what a "hot bench is"?

As for whether I've read his opinions, it's pretty much part of my job TO read decisions.... not all, but a lot.

Exactly what is a "wingnut" ???

i don't find her impressive either...however, i don't necessarily think she is a bad pick....she will not have a lot of sway over the court for exactly that reason, she is unimpressive. she will of course still rule like a liberal, however, she does have a case history of ruling with the side of law. i can live with that. i imagine liberals hate roberts or scalia, for no reason other than they are fairly conservative....

sotomayor, after the hearings, assuming she spoke truly, i can live with. and as much i love being right, in the 2nd amendment case i was wrong and she technically was right. i think she could have squeaked around it and not ruled the way she did, however, she ruled according to precedent or at a minimum what she believed was precedent. <--- thats good

fuck you midcan! I read one sentence (?!) of that, and now I have a migraine... It was like trying to decrypt one of Renoite's posts.

jeez dat were pro found but sorry dat just aint some ting eyes engages in.

She's only but slightly more intelligent than the Senators from Minnesota who questioned her....And she's a shoo-in for confirmation.

I weep for my country.

Interesting... a woman who has more federal judicial experience than any justice in the last 70 years and she's "unimpressive"?

over 300 published decisions and only 4 reversed by the high court? and even then, the decision on the big ones were 5-4 and she's "unimpressive"?

what do you expect from people like sotamayor, jillian and midcan who rode the curve to get by?

wouldn't you want to nominate people that didn't need their grades curved?

what do you expect from people like sotamayor, jillian and midcan who rode the curve to get by?

wouldn't you want to nominate people that didn't need their grades curved?

Jilly just has a differing opinion than you guys simple as that....but Midcant ....that sphincter rode the curve all the way into the rectum he has his head in...

She's only but slightly more intelligent than the Senators from Minnesota who questioned her....And she's a shoo-in for confirmation.

I weep for my country.

Interesting... a woman who has more federal judicial experience than any justice in the last 70 years and she's "unimpressive"?

Loons? I wasn't impressed with her answers either. Here we have a person with a Doctoral degree and many years of being a member of the federal court system, and she sounded like a 2nd year sophomore at the University of Texas. Her main downfall is not only her basic intelligence level and a command of the English language, she is a racist. If she is confirmed, I will not vote for the senators who confirmed her.

I weep for my country.

I was completely unimpressed and find it hard to believe that there are no better prospects than her.

Elections really do have consequences I guess.

I weep for my country.

Loons? I wasn't impressed with her answers either. Here we have a person with a Doctoral degree and many years of being a member of the federal court system, and she sounded like a 2nd year sophomore at the University of Texas. Her main downfall is not only her basic intelligence level and a command of the English language, she is a racist. If she is confirmed, I will not vote for the senators who confirmed her.

Hell, you aren't going to vote for anyone to the left of Goebbels.

I weep for my country.

It will be interesting to see how her rulings go now that she is on the top court in the land, and not really accountable.
Thus far she has had to rule keeping the higher courts, and potential over rulings in mind.
The way she has ruled, and what she says in speeches, don't seem to jive.

I know the left won't admit it, but the way she summarily dismissed the firefighters suit is quite revealing, imo.
Yeah, the firefighter ruling thing is quite revealing to me too. This just puts a nail in her coffin for being a racist.

Hell, you aren't going to vote for anyone to the left of Goebbels.

that's it, old bastard, compare republicans to the Nazis. just because you gag on Gore's cock doesn't mean you have to imitate him.

Forum List

Back