sotomayor unimpressive

Skull Pilot

Diamond Member
Nov 17, 2007
I took some time to watch parts of the confirmation hearing over the last several days and I must say i am not at all impressed with sotomayor.

The one thing i heard was that education transformed her life. she was able to take advantage of extraordinary opportunities to attend Princeton and Yale etc etc

But as i listened to her speak, I was disappointed. Now i know everyone makes mistakes but isn't language the medium of law? Should not our so called best choice for the highest court in the land have a command of the language of the land that exceeds the mean?

Now she was born in this country so there should be no excuse for an erudite judge to make mistakes such as (and i am paraphrasing here)

"when one is in eminent danger"...

did she mean imminent?

or

"...vagrancies in the fire department..."

you mean vacancies do you not?

These may be minor things but in the world of jurisprudence minor mistakes in language can have significant ramifications.

We do not live in a meritocracy.

This is news to you Skull?

Surely you must have had a hint that is true after listening to Bush II for the last 8 years.

you sure you aint misunderestimating her i guesses our children aint learning and i thinks a fish and we's can get along and live too gather.

You well learned tools helped elect the worst president in history, or at least the dumbest and most incompetent, you worship at the corporate and wealth trough, and you then have the nerve to criticize a few words you may not even heard correctly from an American who worked her way to the top. Bah humbug!

I do declare dat dont seem to make no sense to dis here American.

fuck you midcan! I read one sentence (?!) of that, and now I have a migraine... It was like trying to decrypt one of Renoite's posts.

jeez dat were pro found but sorry dat just aint some ting eyes engages in.

She's only but slightly more intelligent than the Senators from Minnesota who questioned her....And she's a shoo-in for confirmation.

I weep for my country.

Interesting... a woman who has more federal judicial experience than any justice in the last 70 years and she's "unimpressive"?

over 300 published decisions and only 4 reversed by the high court? and even then, the decision on the big ones were 5-4 and she's "unimpressive"?

see... this is why no one listens to you loons.

She's only but slightly more intelligent than the Senators from Minnesota who questioned her....And she's a shoo-in for confirmation.

I weep for my country.

Interesting... a woman who has more federal judicial experience than any justice in the last 70 years and she's "unimpressive"?

over 300 published decisions and only 4 reversed by the high court? and even then, the decision on the big ones were 5-4 and she's "unimpressive"?

Only six of her cases were reviewed by the SCOTUS...of those 4 were overturned...60%. Judge Alito had 2 cases reviewed by the SCOTUS and both were overturned, thus 100% of his cases before the high court were overturned. According to the arguments made by the right wing-nut punditocracy, that would make Justice Alito unqualified to sit on the high court.

And the "wise-latina woman" comment taken out of context from a talk eight years ago...That's all the GOP has. In other words they got nothin'. But that's the case with the GOP and American conservatism today. The intellectual gas tank is not only empty...it's rusted through and full of holes.

And the "wise-latina woman" comment taken out of context from a talk eight years ago...That's all the GOP has.
http://www.usmessageboard.com/law-and-justice-system/81972-busting-judge-sotomayor.html#post1344459

Thanks... I'm sure PC's wackjob opinion is very compelling to some.

Why would anyone be interested in what someone has to say who's proven to normal people on both sides of the aisle on this board that she knows NOTHING about law?

How about you go over to the other thread and address her points instead of attacking her person and relying on moronic ad homs and thinking it makes you look intelligent?

Last edited:

That's it, keep drinking the Kool-Aid, suck it down good. You fool.

That's it, keep drinking the Kool-Aid, suck it down good. You fool.

what kool aid (other than your own), nutbar?

what part of what I said wasn't true?

i'll wait.

I weep for my country.

It will be interesting to see how her rulings go now that she is on the top court in the land, and not really accountable.
Thus far she has had to rule keeping the higher courts, and potential over rulings in mind.
The way she has ruled, and what she says in speeches, don't seem to jive.

I know the left won't admit it, but the way she summarily dismissed the firefighters suit is quite revealing, imo.

There you go again Jill.

Only 6 of her cases went to the supreme court, and 4 were overturned, 66%.

The court doesn't hear every single case in the country as you well know.

There you go again Jill.

Only 6 of her cases went to the supreme court, and 4 were overturned, 66%.

The court doesn't hear every single case in the country as you well know.

That was out of over 300 published decisions.

1%... an extraordinary rate.

And, frankly, I find it really offensive to see idiots (not you... the person I was originally responding to and whom, for whatever reason, you chose to defend)... talk about her not being "impressive" when she has far better credentials than anyone who's been put on the bench in 70 years...

Especially when the criticisms come from people who have the chutzpah to think Clarence Thomas belongs on the bench.

And there I go "again"... because I'm bored of the loony toons talking garbage about stuff they don't have a clue about...

Last edited:
you sure you aint misunderestimating her i guesses our children aint learning and i thinks a fish and we's can get along and live too gather.

You well learned tools helped elect the worst president in history, or at least the dumbest and most incompetent, you worship at the corporate and wealth trough, and you then have the nerve to criticize a few words you may not even heard correctly from an American who worked her way to the top. Bah humbug!

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

the cowardly moron speaks...

Forum List

Back