Sotomayor: Right to Bear Arms Is Unconstitutional

Philobeado

Gold Member
Apr 8, 2009
Gulf of Mexico Coast, Texas
There's one good thing about Obama's pick of ultra-left zealot Sonia Sotomayor for the Supreme Court: it should enlighten those clueless enough not to realize that Chairman Zero is an extremely dangerous radical. At Jumping in Pools, we learn of Sotomayor's take on the crucial Second Amendment, which guarantees our right to bear arms:

Sotomayor is a graduate from Princeton University, where her legal theses included Race in the American Classroom, and Undying Injustice: American "Exceptionalism" and Permanent Bigotry, and Deadly Obsession: American Gun Culture. In this text, the student Sotomayor explained that the Second Amendment to the Constitution did not actually afford individual citizens the right to bear arms, but only duly conferred organizations, like the military. Instead of making guns illegal, she argues that they have been illegal for individuals to own since the passing of the Bill of Rights.
Sotomayor also helped to establish our current pro-terrorist anti-terror strategy with the insane ruling that illegal combatants captured on foreign battlefields are entitled to all the rights of American citizens. She is militantly racist, as she made obvious in an appalling ruling by which test scores were discarded so that unqualified blacks could be promoted instead of qualified whites in New Haven's fire department.

Here she is declaring that the Constitution be damned, courts are where policy is made:
Moonbattery: Sotomayor: Right to Bear Arms Is Unconstitutional

But despite being one of the last people on earth who could be counted on to faithfully interpret the Constitution, Sotomayor is assured of confirmation, because she has the qualifications that actually matter, being not only a flaming moonbat but a Hispanic and a female, and having grown up in a South Bronx trashcan. Here's Joe Biden discussing her unassailable credentials:

I think that the only reason Clarence Thomas is on the Court is because he is black. I don't believe he could have won had he been white. And the reason is, I think it was a cynical ploy by President Bush.
Whoops, he was talking about Clarence Thomas. But I'm sure Plugs must have said something similar about Sotomayor, if his point of view has any consistency at all.

In my hunble opinion, there is no place on the Supreme Court for anyone that does not understand that when viewing the Constitution, it must be view in the spirit it was created and adopted.

"On every question of construction, let us carry ourselves back to the time when The Constitution was adopted, recollect the spirit manifested in the debates, and instead of trying what meaning may be squeezed out of the text, or invented against it, conform to the probable one in which it was passed." - Thomas Jefferson

Also, our Condtitution is a written doccument, and as such, what it ment when adopted, it means today.

As to our right to bear arms, it is very clear what our founders thought about the subject, and that can be seen in their statements concerning our individual right to arms.

"The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." Samuel Adams

"The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." James Madison

Even in later years there were noted politicians that understood the importance of our right to arms.

"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who reguard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy, President of ther United States

"Certainly one of the chief guarantees of freedom under any government, no matter how popular and respected, is the right of citizens to keep and bear arms. The right of citizens to bear arms is just one guarantee against arbitrary government, one more safeguard against tyranny." Hubert Humphrey, former US Senator

For some reason I just do not understand, we seem to have gotten away from reason when viewing our Constitution, but I just hope it is not too late to return to the limited federal government establised by our Constitution, in lieu the of bigger is better idealogy that has risen in our nation today.

Sotomayor is a graduate from Princeton University, where her legal theses included Race in the American Classroom, and Undying Injustice: American "Exceptionalism" and Permanent Bigotry, and Deadly Obsession: American Gun Culture. In this text, the student Sotomayor explained that the Second Amendment to the Constitution did not actually afford individual citizens the right to bear arms, but only duly conferred organizations, like the military. Instead of making guns illegal, she argues that they have been illegal for individuals to own since the passing of the Bill of Rights.
Good thing that particular issue was already ruled upon, and in the category if stare decisis.

There's one good thing about Obama's pick of ultra-left zealot Sonia Sotomayor for the Supreme Court: it should enlighten those clueless enough not to realize that Chairman Zero is an extremely dangerous radical. At Jumping in Pools, we learn of Sotomayor's take on the crucial Second Amendment, which guarantees our right to bear arms:

Sotomayor also helped to establish our current pro-terrorist anti-terror strategy with the insane ruling that illegal combatants captured on foreign battlefields are entitled to all the rights of American citizens. She is militantly racist, as she made obvious in an appalling ruling by which test scores were discarded so that unqualified blacks could be promoted instead of qualified whites in New Haven's fire department.

Here she is declaring that the Constitution be damned, courts are where policy is made:
Moonbattery: Sotomayor: Right to Bear Arms Is Unconstitutional

But despite being one of the last people on earth who could be counted on to faithfully interpret the Constitution, Sotomayor is assured of confirmation, because she has the qualifications that actually matter, being not only a flaming moonbat but a Hispanic and a female, and having grown up in a South Bronx trashcan. Here's Joe Biden discussing her unassailable credentials:

I think that the only reason Clarence Thomas is on the Court is because he is black. I don't believe he could have won had he been white. And the reason is, I think it was a cynical ploy by President Bush.
Whoops, he was talking about Clarence Thomas. But I'm sure Plugs must have said something similar about Sotomayor, if his point of view has any consistency at all.

They want HER for the Supreme Court when she can't even read the Second Amendment correctly?

I don't give a damn who she is ... she's an activist judge who puts her whacky political beliefs before the law and not qualified for a position on the Supreme Court.

There must be some point this Obama idiocy stops.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
Well, you are going to get her for the Supreme Court. After all, 60 Dems Senators make it so. And, yes, we will take McCain, Snowe, and Collins. And any other RINO you wish to push our way. Your wish for ideological purity should be honored.

Just another ploy by the Dems, place a Hispanic on the Supreme Court
to garner more votes in the future by telling the lie
See we do look out for you and understand your plight in the evil U.S.

Of course the Dems will garner Hispanic votes in that manner. And black votes, and white votes, and the votes of the people on the factory floor.

Of course the Dems will garner Hispanic votes in that manner. And black votes, and white votes, and the votes of the people on the factory floor.

what factory floor? People who live in Mexico and China can't vote in our elections.

Really? I am still working in a steel mill in the US. Good wages and exceptional benefits. Of course, it is a Russian company, but ol' Bushie approved of the sale, so it must be a good thing, right?

what factory floor? People who live in Mexico and China can't vote in our elections.

Really? I am still working in a steel mill in the US. Good wages and exceptional benefits. Of course, it is a Russian company, but ol' Bushie approved of the sale, so it must be a good thing, right?

No dipshit, it isn't a good thing. Obama believes in sending jobs overseas as well. But you're too fucking blind and stupid to understand that. Obama would say you are "Clinging to anti-free trade" I think was the phrase.

Forum List

Back