Sotomayor for Supreme Court? I hope not.

Working Man

Aug 22, 2004
I don't care about her rags to riches story. I don't care that her mom worked two jobs.. All of that is respectable in many ways, but when it comes to seating Sonia on the big bench,, no way Jose'.

Her vote to side with the City of New Haven (one of America's most corrupt melting pots) on the promoting of members of the fire department, says it all.. No person should be given a job soley based on race. No person, because of their race, should be promoted over those who have worked to achieve advancement in an honest way. Clearly Sotomayor supports reverse discrimination, even when the public's well being is at risk. Why is there mediocrity in the delivery of public services?? Too many judges like Sotomayor are allowed to make decisions that effect us all.

She should not be confirmed because this decision alone.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel
Besides, what kind of message is it sending your kids to tell them that no matter how hard they work they will not be as wise as a hispanic woman with her experience, simply because she was hispanic.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel
Sotomayor will be seated. Simple fact. As for her vote in the New Haven case, she was 1 of 3, all of whom voted to uphold the lower court decision. And the decision was did not concern whether New Havens decision was correct, but whether the city had the legal right to make that decision.

Sotomayor will be seated. Simple fact. As for her vote in the New Haven case, she was 1 of 3, all of whom voted to uphold the lower court decision. And the decision was did not concern whether New Havens decision was correct, but whether the city had the legal right to make that decision.

so then no one should critique her or question her ability to be seated?

Forum List

Back