Sorta wierd imo. Murkowski says she'll vote for tax bill if Obamacare subsidies

bendog

Diamond Member
Mar 4, 2013
Dog House in back yard
are preserved. Maybe not, I dunno. I just think that if the gop was really about tax "reform" they'd have done corp taxes without taking on individ taxes but ..... of course if they did that they could use individual tax revenue to cut large corp taxes and the estate tax.

Murkowski is a Republican that at least try's to do the right thing for the people she represents.

Murkowski is a Republican that at least try's to do the right thing for the people she represents.
Oh yeah. I don't doubt her. Its just that some warned the gop not to tie Obamacare to this, and she's trying to do that but in the opposite direction the gop wanted to take.

are preserved. Maybe not, I dunno. I just think that if the gop was really about tax "reform" they'd have done corp taxes without taking on individ taxes but ..... of course if they did that they could use individual tax revenue to cut large corp taxes and the estate tax.

The mandate is the must un-American policy in our countries history. It's good that the Republicans are trying to kill it any way they can.

They should have left Obamacare changes, including the mandate, out of it. It's a poison pill and it has a good chance of keeping any tax reform from being passed.

The American people in 30 states voted to get rid of Obamacare.
You mean because they voted for Trump? Not the way it seemed when they were trying to pass that legislation, though. Way more than half did not want it abandoned.

You mean because they voted for Trump? Not the way it seemed when they were trying to pass that legislation, though. Way more than half did not want it abandoned.

The GOP senate is full of backstabbing RINO's I'm not at all surprised they lied to the American people for 6 years. Did you know the GOP planned to keep almost every single Obamacare tax, that tells you everything you need to know about the GOP establishment.

They should have left Obamacare changes, including the mandate, out of it. It's a poison pill and it has a good chance of keeping any tax reform from being passed.

If that happens I hope that Trump highlights the people responsible for it's failure. I also hope he never shuts up about it during their primary run for reelection.

They can’t cut corporate taxes without doing individual taxes because the base will flip out. The middle class is already subsidizing minimum wage workers for the most profitable corporations in America and are tired of having the tax burden shifted from the wealthy to them, especial considering the transfer of wealth to the top 5% which has been ongoing since Reagan first cut taxes in the 1980’s.

If corporate tax relief comes at the expense of the middle class, those voters will revolt. If corporations don’t get tax relief, they’ll stop donating to Republicans. So they have cut taxes on both ends, or they’re screwed.

If that happens I hope that Trump highlights the people responsible for it's failure. I also hope he never shuts up about it during their primary run for reelection.
Trump needs to find himself a mirror

No, she's not a Republican at all. She's a Democrat that used the Republican party to get a job in politics.
What about the 90 percent of Republican positions she supports?

We are talking major legislation here. She's a lib no matter how you look at it and it's about time to send these people to where they belong--the Democrat party.

They can’t cut corporate taxes without doing individual taxes because the base will flip out. The middle class is already subsidizing minimum wage workers for the most profitable corporations in America and are tired of having the tax burden shifted from the wealthy to them, especial considering the transfer of wealth to the top 5% which has been ongoing since Reagan first cut taxes in the 1980’s.

If corporate tax relief comes at the expense of the middle class, those voters will revolt. If corporations don’t get tax relief, they’ll stop donating to Republicans. So they have cut taxes on both ends, or they’re screwed.

Only a little over half of our country pays any income tax at all, so these so-called subsidies to the poor are funded by the wealthy--not the middle-class.

The middle-class has been defined as those not in poverty to those making well into six figure salaries. The tax proposal by the house gives tax breaks to the lower part of that group at the cost to the higher earners of that group; close to a 60/40 ratio.

There is no "transfer of wealth to the top" and never has been.......at least by government.

Why is cutting the mandate even up for discussion?

Keeping it in would be a poison pill? Has anyone asked she why she wants to put that requirement on all American taxpayers?

Nope. Your knowledge of this topic converted to liquid wouldn't fill a thimble.

Yes because Trump promised the best healthcare plan ever. On Day 1, he was going to repeal Obamacare and replace it with Trump-care - better, cheaper healthcare that covered everyone. Where exactly is that plan?

For 6 years Republicans said they had a health insurance plan that was better than Obama’s but when push came to shove, they cobbled a bullshit plan together under which 23 to 25 million Americans would lose their insurance.

Forum List

Back