Sorry, We’re Booked, White House Tells Obamas

NOBama

Sep 23, 2008
CHICAGO—The White House has turned down a request from the family of President-elect Barack Obama to move into Blair House in early January so that his daughters can start school on Jan. 5.

The Obamas were told that Blair House, where incoming presidents usually stay in the five days before Inauguration Day, is booked in early January, a spokesperson to the Obama transition said. “We explored the idea so that the girls could start school on schedule,’ the spokesperson said. “But, there were previously scheduled events and guests that couldn’t be displaced.”

It remained unclear who on Bushes guest list outranked the incoming President.

More

Maybe thay can stay at a Holiday Inn Express. Then, if OBama doesn't know the answer to a question...

More

Maybe thay can stay at a Holiday Inn Express. Then, if OBama doesn't know the answer to a question...
The White House has turned down a request from the family of President-elect Barack Obama to move into Blair House in early January so that his daughters can start school on Jan. 5.
Is the school attendance of Mr. Obama's children dependent upon habitation in the Blair House? Or is the AP flinging out a biased opinion?

More

haha............. OK now this is funny!

You know, from some of the gossip out there, ole GW may be using the place for himself! lol

I liked the "It is unclear who on Bush's guest list outranks the incoming President" line. How about "everyone who was already scheduled to be there before Obama decided the traditions that were good enough for all his predecessors weren't good enough for him"?

Seriously, none of the other incoming Presidents have felt the need to move into Blair House early, whether they had kids or not, so what makes Obama decide he's unique?

Selfish pigs right to the last.

What a class act that man is.

what will you do when he's not around to hate anymore?

the blair house is available for the five day period that the incoming pres usually stays there, yet bush is a selfish pig because obama can't be accomodated 2 weeks early?

what a blind partisan hack you are, really.

I liked the "It is unclear who on Bush's guest list outranks the incoming President" line. How about "everyone who was already scheduled to be there before Obama decided the traditions that were good enough for all his predecessors weren't good enough for him"?

Seriously, none of the other incoming Presidents have felt the need to move into Blair House early, whether they had kids or not, so what makes Obama decide he's unique?
He is unique.
Just like everybody else.

Rejoice.

the blair house is available for the five day period that the incoming pres usually stays there, yet bush is a selfish pig because obama can't be accomodated 2 weeks early?

Where'd you get that five day number?

My vision is okay, but thanks for your concern.

Talk about making a mountain out of a mole hill.....

That's what the spokeswoman for the First Lady said too:

Ms. McDonough said “there’s nothing more to say other than that it’s not available and won’t be available until January 15.” She added that “you’re trying to make a story out of something that’s not a story

hahaha Hey now!

........your not permitted to be so simply logical. LOL :clap2:

You haven't read any of the news articles about this? Traditionally, the incoming President and family stay at Blair House for the five days prior to Inauguration.
Mr. Obama isn't traditional.
Which means he is nontraditional.
We should abandon all traditions in his honor.
As a show of support for Mr. Obama I will now drink red wine with white meat.

Although I have very little good to say about the Bush Administration, I prefer to take them at their word on this issue. It certainly possible that the Blair House was previously committed and therefore not available to the incoming First Family. It also would have made sense for someone on the Obama staff to put in the request soon after Nov 4 - perhaps that would have made it easier to accomodate them. I dont know if there are other secure residences where the Obamas can spend two weeks. Hopefully, there are, and this will be a non-issue.

Won't it be interesting though, if after Jan 20 it is found that Blair House was actually vacant for those two weeks!!??!?

Rejoice.

Where'd you get that five day number?

My vision is okay, but thanks for your concern.
ya know, you are really looking rather ignorant on this one
maybe its best if you just admit the AP is trying to make this into something that REALLY isnt there
get over your BDS already

Although I have very little good to say about the Bush Administration, I prefer to take them at their word on this issue. It certainly possible that the Blair House was previously committed and therefore not available to the incoming First Family. It also would have made sense for someone on the Obama staff to put in the request soon after Nov 4 - perhaps that would have made it easier to accomodate them. I dont know if there are other secure residences where the Obamas can spend two weeks. Hopefully, there are, and this will be a non-issue.

Won't it be interesting though, if after Jan 20 it is found that Blair House was actually vacant for those two weeks!!??!?

Not really. Who cares? It's not as though he's entitled to be there before the appointed time. What kind of rude person invites themselves as a guest somewhere?

As for "secure residences", it's Washington DC. I have no doubt that any of the major hotels in the city is more than prepared to deal with the Secret Service and security requirements of the President-Elect and his family, given that they have to accommodate visiting dignitaries all the time.

Forum List

Back