Sorry Republicans, The Government isn't trying to kill Granny

Modbert

Daydream Believer
Sep 2, 2008
PolitiFact | McCaughey claims end-of-life counseling will be required for Medicare patients

The Statement: The health care reform bill "would make it mandatory -- absolutely require -- that every five years people in Medicare have a required counseling session that will tell them how to end their life sooner."

The Ruling: Pants on Fire

Jon Keyserling, general counsel and vice president of public policy for the National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization, which supports the provision, said the bill doesn't encourage seniors to end their lives, it just allows some important counseling for decisions that take time and consideration.

"These are very serious conversations," he said. "It needs to be an informative conversation from the medical side and it needs to be thought about carefully by the patient and their families."

In no way would these sessions be designed to encourage patients to end their lives, said Jim Dau, national spokeman for AARP, a group that represents people over 50 years of age and that has lobbied in support of the advanced planning provision.

For his part, Keyserling said he and outside counsel read the language carefully to make sure that was not the case.

"Neither of us can come to the conclusion that it's mandatory." he said. "This new consultation is just like all in Medicare: it's voluntary."

"The only thing mandatory is that Medicare will have to pay for the counseling," said Dau.

Well look at that, that whole myth that this new Health Care Reform is going to force Seniors to die or that they will be advised to die is a myth! Who knew, such partisan statements were lies! :eek:

Look at that, a valuable voluntary thing that Medicare will pay for. How shameful! :eek:

In other words, Myth *stamps* Busted.

The disinformation brigades are working overtime again.

Have no fear, however, the truth requires nothing to out.

The lies require constant maintanance to keep them in play.

Since the last time that the health care big lie brigade was in place and operating full time (in the early 90s) millions upon million of americans have discovered that their HC systems are failing them.

These people may not know what the solution is, but they're god-damned sure that doing nothing isn't going to work.

Truth is like gravity.

They can overcome it for a while with great effort, but it never stops pulling us back to reality.

That's about the size of it editec. It's a scramble in mass fear mongering right now. Meanwhile, 15,000+ people a day lose their Health Insurance.

That's about the size of it editec. It's a scramble in mass fear mongering right now. Meanwhile, 15,000+ people a day lose their Health Insurance.
Then those 15K need to get another job, and get another health insurance policy. Can't get a job, you say? That's because they don't want to actually "work". Waiting tables, washing dishes, sacking groceries and working for the highway department are beneath most of these so-called out of work prople who want the government to furnish a healthcare program for them paid for by the actual workers in this country.

Then those 15K need to get another job, and get another health insurance policy. Can't get a job, you say? That's because they don't want to actually "work". Waiting tables, washing dishes, sacking groceries and working for the highway department are beneath most of these so-called out of work prople who want the government to furnish a healthcare program for them paid for by the actual workers in this country.

Yup, that's right Soaring. In order to defend your argument, insult the average American in order to bolster your argument. :clap2:

What ignorance on your part to just group together every single person who has lost their health insurance (and assume) that it came from losing their job alone. These companies also throw you off for pre-existing conditions, and when you get a horrible chronic disease.

Obama is doing the fear mongering you twit .......

Financial crisis - trillions ....

Energy crisis - trillions ....

Environmental crisis - trillions ...

Healthcare crisis - trillions ......

Obama and the democrats systematically controlling any and every aspect of life in america, no matter how many and how much they have to destroy to achieve it - PRICELESS...... :clap2:

Yup, that's right Soaring. In order to defend your argument, insult the average American in order to bolster your argument. :clap2:

What ignorance on your part to just group together every single person who has lost their health insurance (and assume) that it came from losing their job alone. These companies also throw you off for pre-existing conditions, and when you get a horrible chronic disease.

question Robert....if someone gets a horrific disease that may cost a bunch to keep him going...is this NHC gonna stick with the guy or tell him how sorry they are but we cant continue to cover you.....unless of course you sign your house over to us....what will it be?

"Whether it's tonsillectomies or hysterectomies ... procedures are done three times as frequently [in some parts of the country than others] and there's no benefit in terms of the health of the population. And by doing the right kind of cost-effectiveness, by making the right kinds of investments and protection, some experts ... estimate that we could take as much as $700 billion a year out of our health care system..."

Too bad Lawrence Summers of the Obama Traveling Circus and Euthanasia Brigade disagrees with the OP

There were 47MM uninsured when the Clintons tried to Socialize Healthcare in 1993. Lemme see, that was 16 years ago, which equals 5840 days @15,000 losing their insurance per day means OMG! Obama a fucking liar! There are at least 87,000,000 who lost their insurance since the Clintons tried to have the Gubbamint take over healthcare!

OMFG! There must be 134MM people without health insurance!

Last edited:

I think I can help Iggy, so he can sleep at night and stop worrying about the 15K.

They will need about 38K 'counselors' to console the elderly, and aid the in seppuku procedures:

Government 'counselors' on end of life treatment
Don Parker
The House version of the Health Care Bill is going to require (p 425-430) mandatory counseling for all seniors at a minimum of every five years, more often if the senior is sick or in a nursing home.

Just how many government trained counselors will that put into the work force? With an over 65 population of 38,000,000 US (Census, 2007), 4 counseling sessions daily, over 37,000, at a minimum, that's how many. Plus their supervisors, plus the report readers, plus the oversight agency.

Don't even think that anyone should receive mandatory counseling regarding the end of life issues surrounding abortion; that's a invasion of the right of privacy!

"Counsel" a senior about their end of life "choices" under Obama Care? Somehow that's not the same, so just keep your mouth shut.
American Thinker Blog: Government 'counselors' on end of life treatment

The disinformation brigades are working overtime again.

Have no fear, however, the truth requires nothing to out.

The lies require constant maintanance to keep them in play.

Since the last time that the health care big lie brigade was in place and operating full time (in the early 90s) millions upon million of americans have discovered that their HC systems are failing them.

These people may not know what the solution is, but they're god-damned sure that doing nothing isn't going to work.

Truth is like gravity.

They can overcome it for a while with great effort, but it never stops pulling us back to reality.
The healthcare system has not failed anyone. The real question here is what are people willing to pay to be covered and the answer from spin doctors on the left state that they can't afford it unless we soak the rich and provide it for them.

Some reality for those who wish to bring us rationed healthcare is that we have over 90% of this country insured.

As for the OP. I'll have to check into this little article because someone who supports putting EVERYONE on the healthcare dole is not what I would call a 'reliable and unbiased' individual when it comes to giving information on what could or could not happen if we are forced into this failure of an idea.

question Robert....if someone gets a horrific disease that may cost a bunch to keep him going...is this NHC gonna stick with the guy or tell him how sorry they are but we cant continue to cover you.....unless of course you sign your house over to us....what will it be?

Wait up, Harry, why go as far as "a horrific disease that may cost a bunch ...," do you think the Obama-Politbureau might give us each a pliers?

A former soldier pulled his own teeth out with a pair of pliers because he could not find a dentist to take on NHS patients.
Iraq War veteran Ian Boynton could not afford to go private for treatment so instead took the drastic action to remove 13 of his teeth that were giving him severe pain.
The 42-year-old, from Beverley, East Yorkshire, had not had his teeth looked at since seeing the army dentist in 2003. He had not been registered with a dentist of his own since 2001. He said: 'I've tried to get in at 30 dentists over the last eight years but have never been able to find one to take on NHS patients.'
Man pulls out 13 of his own teeth with pliers 'because he couldn't find an NHS dentist' | Mail Online

The healthcare system has not failed anyone. The real question here is what are people willing to pay to be covered and the answer from spin doctors on the left state that they can't afford it unless we soak the rich and provide it for them.

Some reality for those who wish to bring us rationed healthcare is that we have over 90% of this country insured.

As for the OP. I'll have to check into this little article because someone who supports putting EVERYONE on the healthcare dole is not what I would call a 'reliable and unbiased' individual when it comes to giving information on what could or could not happen if we are forced into this failure of an idea.

Really now? Hasn't failed anyone huh? I guess you fail to factor in all the dead people who were denied insurance by their own company for surgeries, or the people who later died after being kicked off their insurance for pre-existing condition, or the people who later died being unable to afford treatment after the company assigned someone to their case to find a reason to kick them off which they did find.

As for my original post, it's from a non-biased website that just simply states the facts at hand.

The health care bill that Obama is pushing so hard for isn't worth the paper it's written on and it will never be approved. It's DOA. Time to quit wasting time on this nonsense and move on to his next trillion dollar project.

Really now? Hasn't failed anyone huh? I guess you fail to factor in all the dead people who were denied insurance by their own company for surgeries, or the people who later died after being kicked off their insurance for pre-existing condition, or the people who later died being unable to afford treatment after the company assigned someone to their case to find a reason to kick them off which they did find.

As for my original post, it's from a non-biased website that just simply states the facts at hand.
All those dead people who died from being denied care? Who are all these people your speaking of?

And lets put it another way. How is it that the healthcare system is failing if they are denied care when it is a private healthcare system but somehow it won't be failure when the government run healthcare system denies them and they die? You know, like what is happening RIGHT NOW in Canada. People ARE being denied coverage until they die and that is directly related to the rationing that is going on to save money!

Oh, and you OP is unbiased? From your own OP. In other words, Jon Keyserling supports public healthcare. Hardly unbiased.

Jon Keyserling, general counsel and vice president of public policy for the National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization, which supports the provision, said the bill doesn't encourage seniors to end their lives, it just allows some important counseling for decisions that take time and consideration.

As for the government purposefully killing seniors? No, it won't be sold that way. It will just be counciled to them that they don't want to really be a burden to their children and grandchildren, would they? I mean, we have to keep costs down so that everyone has a chance to healthcare.

Here is the bottom line. Government will have to keep costs down if they want to keep the people enslaved to their healthcare scheme. To do that they are going to have to do two things.

Limit the amount of reimbursement to healthcare facilities and doctors. We all know what that will do;

and they will have to ration the amount and kind of treatment any individual can have access to.

I have one other question as I haven't read it in the bill that everyone is talking about.

Will the government indemnify itself from tort lawsuits while continuing to allow doctors to be sued?

I don't know that the average American would not accept a lower paying job than the one they were just fired from. Do you? That's quite an assumption on your part. I know that if I got fired from my job, I would look for anything that would put food on the table and maintain a health insurance policy. Yeah, I assume the reason why people lose their health insurance is mostly caused by their losing their group health insurance. Do you have any figures to show otherwise?

Sorry but anyone that wants governement run HE is too stupid to live.

They obviously have not ever experienced it and just have no clue. WHat we have now is superior to anything in Canada, I have had both.

Not only is it going to cost us more, it's going to be far worse.

Only a liberal can think this would be better.

you going to answer this Robert or do i just keep asking?....

Forum List

Back