Sorry my fellow conservatives, I side with the SCOTUS' decision.

PredFan

Diamond Member
Oct 13, 2011
In Liberal minds, rent free.
They were right by saying it isn't Constitutional under the Commerce Clause, and they are right that it is a tax and therefor is constitutional.

Don't get me wrong, Obamacare is a BAD bill and will ruin the economy and healthcare, but the damage was done when we elected obama as POTUS and not when the justices correctly enterpreted the Constitution.

They were right by saying it isn't Constitutional under the Commerce Clause, and they are right that it is a tax and therefor is constitutional.

Don't get me wrong, Obamacare is a BAD bill and will ruin the economy and healthcare, but the damage was done when we elected obama as POTUS and not when the justices correctly enterpreted the Constitution.

It it was a tax, then the court should have rejected the case and said come back when the tax goes into effect, right?

The administration and the democrats denied it was a tax. They denied it vehemently. They said in no uncertain terms it was not a tax. The statute does not call it a tax.
Roberts had to rewrite the statute to call it a tax before allowing it.
That is no way to run a court.

1) They were right by saying it isn't Constitutional under the Commerce Clause, and they are right that it is a tax and therefor is constitutional.

2) Don't get me wrong, Obamacare is a BAD bill and will ruin the economy and healthcare, but the damage was done when we elected obama as POTUS and not when the justices correctly enterpreted the Constitution.

1) Good for you.

2) Your opinion is overly alarmist.

you have earned the respect of Dante.

:cool:

:thewave:

The administration and the democrats denied it was a tax. They denied it vehemently. They said in no uncertain terms it was not a tax. The statute does not call it a tax.

Obama's Solicitor General and others insisted they get to argue it as a tax. So bwahahaha!

How they argued it is a matter of legal strategy. No one lied.

:cuckoo:

It it was a tax, then the court should have rejected the case and said come back when the tax goes into effect, right?

nope.

next

None of the justices or the congress are impacted by this law because the have passed their own plan. This is congress and the SC saying screw you, you don't count. Next case please.

Ask the judges. I'm just saying that upholding it was the correct interpretation of the Constitution, and that the damage was done 3 1/2 years ago. The blame for this terrible bill lies with the voters and not the SCOTUS.

No WE fuckikng didn't elect obama, you may have but WE didn't.

well, I guess if you agree with judges re writing legislation to fit their ruling we'll go with that. shades of Kagen.

It doesn't matter what those idiots call it. The question for the SCOTUS is only wether it's constitutional or not.

We the people of the United States of America

elected Barack Hussein Obama II

to the office of the Presidency of the United States of America

I personally did not vote for him, but I will this time around.

:clap2:

NO! That's not correct.

He agreed with the oral arguments of the DOJ who, being very concerned that the Commerce Clause argument would be declared unconstitutional, emphatically stated to the court that the "mandate penalty" was a tax and therefore constitutional.

Nowhere in the bill itself was this mandate called anything but a penalty. The DOJ defined it as a tax.

None of the justices or the congress are impacted by this law because the have passed their own plan. This is congress and the SC saying screw you, you don't count. Next case please.

You are right about the (then) Congress, but I have to disagree about the SCOTUS. They ruled correctly.

Would the SCOTUS have ruled differently if they didn't have a safety net of their own? I don't think they would have ever seen the case as it would have been ruled unconstitutional by all of the lower court judges who realized they would suffer under this law as well.

It doesn't matter what those idiots call it. The question for the SCOTUS is only wether it's constitutional or not.

yes, true.

Members of this Court are vested with the authority to interpret the law; we possess neither the expertise nor the prerogative to make policy judgments. Those decisions are entrusted to our Nation’s elected leaders, who can be thrown out of office if the people disagree with them. It is not our job to protect the people from the consequences of their political choices. - Chief Justice John Glover Roberts, Jr., the 17th Chief Justice of the United States.

No, it matters a lot. If it's a tax then Congress maybe has that power. But the case could not have been brought.
If it's not a tax, then they have no power to implement such a thing.
The Dems swore it was not a tax. The legislation does not call it a tax. How can Roberts invent things in a bill and then pass judgment on it?

WE as a country did. I think you know that.

(I voted for McCain)

Forum List

Back