Sorry, Germans support both Merkel and austerity

The Greeks are going to reintroduce the Drachma.

And then they ought to pay their external debts to the BANKSTERS in that specie at a 1drachma -to 1 EURO ratio, regardless of what the currency exchange claims the rate is.

Come to think of it the USA ought to ALSO take over control of its specie and change its currency, too.

We ought to pay off the national debt with Treasure issued GREENBACKS to pay off our debts at that same 1 to 1 exchange rate for FEDERAL RESERVE notes.

Make those treasure dollars, rather than FED RESERVE NOTES the offical specie of this nation. And make CONGRESS AND THE TREAURY the issuers of those.
Let the MONETARY WARS commence, says I.

OUR AMERICAN REVOLUTION was over who got to issue the currency, ya know?

It wasn't about a tax on tea and glass, it was about the crown disallowing the state to issue their ISSUE their own currencies, as they had been all along.

Wake up people.

The scam against the people and its government is funded by this monetary RIP OFF.

Rome was build on bronze and copper coins, NOT gold. When Caesar tried to force Rome onto the GOLD STANDARD he was murdered by the REPUBLICANS of ROME.

THE USA fought and paid for the CIVIL WAR with non-gold-backed GREENBACKS.

We the people, are NOT at the mercy of the BANSTERS unless we ALLOW ourselves to be so.

Driving the interest rate to zero & refinancing all the debt does the same thing. None of those IMF World banksters pay any taxes yet they live off of our taxes. I refuse to have my taxes go to pay the interest on the debt that I had no part in creating. I borrowed money one time to buy my first home. I paid it off in 5 years. I pay my taxes. There is no reason for our government to run such huge debts in order to keep the banksters fat & happy off of the interest from tax payers. This is why we should have never bailed out the banks. All the bank accounts were FDIC insured. Paying off the insured accounts would have cost us far less than the bailout.

Most European countries raised taxes more than they cut spending. And then they wonder why their economic growth suffers. The "austerity" that the Left constantly bitches about is actually the requirement to live withon your means, nothing austere about that. The agreement they all signed a couple of months ago was to keep their budget deficits to with 3% of their GDP. Some countries adopted that policies years ago, like Germany and Sweden. And as a result they aren't suffering as much as the southern European countries are.

That's a complex issue: the number of people and companies depending on government programs. And the job destruction that austerity would bring.

US left-wingers are wrong if they think you can have a large welfare nanny-state only taxing the rich. Welfare in Europe is sustained by high taxes on consumption and labour. Virtually every EU state has raised the VAT in the last 4 years. As a consequence, the european wealthy pay a lower share of taxes:

No Country Leans on Upper-Income Households as Much as U.S. | Tax Foundation

They pay less, even as a ratio of their income share ;)

The real consequence is the adverse effect on economic growth and job creation wh en you raise taxes, especially at a time when the economy is flatlining. You get a short term boost in gov't revenue, usually not close to what you expected to get, but it's at the expense of growth and jobs.

Paying off the insured accounts would have cost us far less than the bailout.

bailout money was mostly paid back, without bailouts we'd be in a far worse depression.

You have to pay interest because you were unsuccessful in electing enough libertarians

Forum List

Back