Sorry, Dexter is a Conservative.

One of my favorite shows on TV. For my birthday one year, I had a dexter themed party and wrapped everything in plastic. It was Fantastic!

But on to the reason of my post. I ran across this article describing "Dexter" as TV’s most unintentionally conservative series. After reading the article and thinking about the show i had to share.

3 Main reasons Dexter is a Conservative show:
1. The show emphasizes the necessity of a moral code.
2. “Dexter” emphasizes the need for justice.
3. “Dexter” illustrates the reality and dark power of sin.​

If you want to read the whole article it can be viewed here:
Rare.us | “Dexter” — TV’s most unintentionally conservative series

Actually, this might be true.

Dexter is a sociopath and a monster.

As are most conservatives.

We agree!

The argument that Dexter is a conservative must be based on the extreme "law & order" emphasis in his life. Until the writers got bored in the last season, Dexter's "code" was basically to "take the law into his own hands" only in cases where the Bad Guy was either going to get away with his heinous crimes altogether, or not be punished appropriately. Also, he never took action against anyone unless there was irrefutable evidence against them.

And as for the presumption of innocence, the Exclusionary Rule and nonsense like that, we conservatives basically view all of that as bullshit and irrelevant to the guilt of the accused (who is invariably guilty as hell), and Dexter is carrying out what we believe should happen, in an ideal world.

The argument that Dexter is a conservative must be based on the extreme "law & order" emphasis in his life. Until the writers got bored in the last season, Dexter's "code" was basically to "take the law into his own hands" only in cases where the Bad Guy was either going to get away with his heinous crimes altogether, or not be punished appropriately. Also, he never took action against anyone unless there was irrefutable evidence against them.

And as for the presumption of innocence, the Exclusionary Rule and nonsense like that, we conservatives basically view all of that as bullshit and irrelevant to the guilt of the accused (who is invariably guilty as hell), and Dexter is carrying out what we believe should happen, in an ideal world.

You're wrong about that.

Dexter is a monster..and the code is meant to channel those monstrous urges into something positive.

But Dexter? Only cares about Dexter. And the code is a convenient way to keep doing what he likes best. Killing people. He kills people that will not be missed and more importantly? People the police want dead.

Left to his own devices? He would and has, during the series, killed innocents.

Forum List

Back