Sorry, Dexter is a Conservative.

mike.redd1266

Jul 17, 2013
One of my favorite shows on TV. For my birthday one year, I had a dexter themed party and wrapped everything in plastic. It was Fantastic!

But on to the reason of my post. I ran across this article describing "Dexter" as TV’s most unintentionally conservative series. After reading the article and thinking about the show i had to share.

3 Main reasons Dexter is a Conservative show:
1. The show emphasizes the necessity of a moral code.​
2. “Dexter” emphasizes the need for justice.​
3. “Dexter” illustrates the reality and dark power of sin.​

If you want to read the whole article it can be viewed here:
Rare.us | “Dexter” — TV’s most unintentionally conservative series

Dexter fan here...
That birthday party sounded fun !

Thanks for posting that link.

If Dexter and Hanna (and Harrison, of course) had plans to leave the country, they should have told NO ONE. After they got settled, Dexter could have had a postcard sent from another continent letting Deb know he was Ok.

I don't trust Dr. Vogel (sp?)
I think she's somehow jealous of Hanna.

When Dexter saved those few hairs with the root on them to test, Dr. Vogel said something stupid like he was only doing it for emotional reasons.
what ?!
Stupid woman - he was collecting evidence.

One of my favorite shows on TV. For my birthday one year, I had a dexter themed party and wrapped everything in plastic. It was Fantastic!

But on to the reason of my post. I ran across this article describing "Dexter" as TV’s most unintentionally conservative series. After reading the article and thinking about the show i had to share.

Dexter is a sociopath. Sociopaths do not care about moral codes, even if they live by them.

Dexter supports the death penalty....definitely conservative.

It's just that he implements the policy himself!

Does that mean you think Obama is conservative?

Obama holds quite a number of clearly conservative positions - e.g. abortion, gun control.

Some Republicans hold quite liberal positions on issues like climate change.

I appreciate this is a difficult concept to understand for someone whose positions are taken strictly based on what he is told his party thinks.

Dexter supports the death penalty....definitely conservative.

It's just that he implements the policy himself!

Does that mean you think Obama is conservative?

Obama holds quite a number of clearly conservative positions - e.g. abortion, gun control.

Some Republicans hold quite liberal positions on issues like climate change.

I appreciate this is a difficult concept to understand for someone whose positions are taken strictly based on what he is told his party thinks.

Obama is 100% pro abortion and thinks guns should be outlawed, how the fuck are those conservative positions? Perhaps the problem here is that you have you fucking head up his ass and can't see.

The ‘moral code’ in Dexter is hardly ‘moral’; but the character, as with conservatives, believes in forcing a subjective ‘moral code’ on others – whether they like it or not.

Dexter is the antithesis of justice, it advocates vigilantism, the presumption of guilt, and disdains the rule of law – which are indeed all very conservative.

And the ‘reality and dark power of sin’ manifests itself only in the context of the arrogance, hate, and ignorance of the social right.

Dexter is indeed conservative, but not for the reasons imagined by the article’s author.

QW -

Can you provide a link to where Obama thinks "guns should be outlawed"?

Right after you answer my question about how his positions on either of those issues makes him a conservative.

In other words, you are the one that said something stupid, back it up.

QW -

Quite obviously, Obama has never said a word to suggest that "guns should be outlawed".

I consider his position on gun control to be fairly conservative in that he basically ignored the issue during his first term in office, and produced only a fairly weak-willed attempt at gun control after Sandy Hook. I'm not saying that he is about the run the NRA, but I am saying that a hard line left-wing leader would have been pushing for a total ban on automatic weapons, registration of every weapon and compulsory psyche tests from Day One in the Whitehouse.

QW -

Can you provide a link to where Obama thinks "guns should be outlawed"?

Not only is this a lie, but the president was very clear as a candidate in 2008 as to his support of the individual right to bear arms, and his acknowledgement of the Heller ruling as the law of the land:

I have always believed that the Second Amendment protects the right of individuals to bear arms, but I also identify with the need for crime-ravaged communities to save their children from the violence that plagues our streets through common-sense, effective safety measures. The Supreme Court has now endorsed that view, and while it ruled that the D.C. gun ban went too far, Justice Scalia himself acknowledged that this right is not absolute and subject to reasonable regulations enacted by local communities to keep their streets safe. Today’s ruling, the first clear statement on this issue in 127 years, will provide much-needed guidance to local jurisdictions across the country.

As President, I will uphold the constitutional rights of law-abiding gun-owners, hunters, and sportsmen, I know that what works in Chicago may not work in Cheyenne. We can work together to enact common-sense laws, like closing the gun show loophole and improving our background check system, so that guns do not fall into the hands of terrorists or criminals. Today’s decision reinforces that if we act responsibly, we can both protect the constitutional right to bear arms and keep our communities and our children safe.

Obama Embraces Supreme Court Decision as ?Well-Needed Guidance? - ABC News

Unfortunately most conservatives lack the same honesty and intelligence to acknowledge and accept Griswold/Roe/Casey as the law of the land.

The ‘moral code’ in Dexter is hardly ‘moral’; but the character, as with conservatives, believes in forcing a subjective ‘moral code’ on others – whether they like it or not.

Dexter is the antithesis of justice, it advocates vigilantism, the presumption of guilt, and disdains the rule of law – which are indeed all very conservative.

And the ‘reality and dark power of sin’ manifests itself only in the context of the arrogance, hate, and ignorance of the social right.

Dexter is indeed conservative, but not for the reasons imagined by the article’s author.
Bravo, Mr. Jones!

For that party . . .

Life-Sized 'Dexter' Cake Looks Deliciously Morbid

slide_306653_2653420_free.jpg

slide_306653_2653430_free.jpg

slide_306653_2653429_free.jpg

slide_306653_2653421_free.jpg

1. The show emphasizes the necessity of a moral code.
2. “Dexter” emphasizes the need for justice.

I sure hope those lowlifes he is eliminating from society are liberals.

Forum List

Back