Sorry - but yes - another Occupy thread

The only time to use violence is when violence is the best way to win the day.

Now is not that time.

Hopefully that time will never come.

To "win" what? What are the goals? What is the exit strategy? Public opinion is going down. Radical participation is going up. I do not see this ending peacefully.

To "win" what?

Excellent question.

What are the goals?

Depends upon who you ask. That's the nature of a populist movement that is in a state of near anarchy, isn't it? Nobody has the say, nobody is in charge, either.

What is the exit strategy?

An exit strategy suggests that there is a plan. Clearly there is no plan.

Public opinion is going down.

Is it? If you say so.

Radical participation is going up.

Is it? Again, if you say so.

I do not see this ending peacefully.

Where? AFter all, you're talking about Occupations in cities all over the USA.

I can see violence in some places and in others? Nothing violent at all.

But here is what I can see>

Fear from this boards right wingers that is far and away excessive given what's happening.

WEll this what I have come to expect from the right wingers.

FEAR FEAR AND MORE FEAR is pretty much what their every response to anything they don't understand or approve of.

The right wing is a cowardly lot.

Im laughing harder by the day..............people who hail from places like Irrelevantown, Bumfook and Scratchmyassville, USA dont get it

.......... these absurd protests will be ending soon and you can mark my words. When business in lower Manhattan is getting slammed, there are people who are not going to be happy and they're not Wall Street guys. Anybody with half a brain about how shit really works knows there is a tragedy coming down there.........and real soon.............and will have nothing to do with the cops.

You fuckk with certain groups like the carting business or the restaurant business..........theres some people behind those businesses that these park assholes have no clue about. City gangs can be bought for cheap and the people who pick up the phone to contact them have deep pockets. You want to talk ruthless? And you can bet your bottom dollar it will ALL be caught on video and you'll see these morons scatter like a bunch of cockroaches inside an hour. 90% of them are thatched cottage dwellars their whole lives. They know nothing outside of their iPhone existence. But they will...........:coffee:

Nutters like Editec........hailing from Bangs Beach, Maine and making 400 posts per day on this forum ( we're real sure he has lots of street smarts)....................telling us about how the real world is............:D

Last edited:
Im laughing harder by the day..............people who hail from places like Irrelevantown, Bumfook and Scratchmyassville, USA dont get it

.......... these absurd protests will be ending soon and you can mark my words. When business in lower Manhattan is getting slammed, there are people who are not going to be happy and they're not Wall Street guys. Anybody with half a brain about how shit really works knows there is a tragedy coming down there.........and real soon.............and will have nothing to do with the cops.

You fuckk with certain groups like the carting business or the restaurant business..........theres some people behind those businesses that these park assholes have no clue about. City gangs can be bought for cheap and the people who pick up the phone to contact them have deep pockets. You want to talk ruthless? And you can bet your bottom dollar it will ALL be caught on video and you'll see these morons scatter like a bunch of cockroaches inside an hour. 90% of them are thatched cottage dwellars their whole lives. They know nothing outside of their iPhone existence. But they will...........:coffee:

Nutters like Editec........hailing from Bangs Beach, Maine and making 400 posts per day on this forum ( we're real sure he has lots of street smarts)....................telling us about how the real world is............:D

Now, There's an interesting theory.

The mafia will hire thugs to break up the OWS movement?

Hey, wouldn't be the first time organized crime has attacked the left.

The mafia is a highly conservative organization, that's for sure.

Screw with their ricebowls and they're apt to respond.

Well, we'll see.

Oh incidently lad?

I used to live in New York, and in Boston, and in San Francisco's Tenderloin neighborhood, too.

I am somewhat familiar with urban life.

The only time to use violence is when violence is the best way to win the day.

Now is not that time.

Hopefully that time will never come.

The time to use Violence outside of the Arena, is in the defense of Life or Property.

Now, There's an interesting theory.

The mafia will hire thugs to break up the OWS movement?

Hey, wouldn't be the first time organized crime has attacked the left.

The mafia is a highly conservative organization, that's for sure.

Screw with their ricebowls and they're apt to respond.

Well, we'll see.

Oh incidently lad?

I used to live in New York, and in Boston, and in San Francisco's Tenderloin neighborhood, too.

I am somewhat familiar with urban life.

Yep, I can just see them in Chicago now, hitting themselves over their heads with baseball bats. In NYC the Social Service Offices would be empty, and that's all well and good, because there would be nobody to drive the busses and trains. :D :lol:

To "win" what?

Excellent question.

What are the goals?

Depends upon who you ask. That's the nature of a populist movement that is in a state of near anarchy, isn't it? Nobody has the say, nobody is in charge, either.

Is it? If you say so.

Radical participation is going up.

Fear from this boards right wingers that is far and away excessive given what's happening.

FEAR FEAR AND MORE FEAR is pretty much what their every response to anything they don't understand or approve of.

Unfavorable ratings.

OWSpoll.jpg

Do I fear the protests getting out of control? You betcha. I have friends working in lower Manhattan and two kids living in Philly.

This protest is no longer about "End the fed" or "corporate personhood" which was the original message. That's too complicated and boring. It's now about free shit. And the freedom to shit.

There are rumors that many of the prisoners released from Riker's Island are now heading straight to Zuccotti Park for free food and sex. Makes sense.

To "win" what?

Excellent question.

Is it? If you say so.

Unfavorable ratings.

OWSpoll.jpg

Do I fear the protests getting out of control? You betcha. I have friends working in lower Manhattan and two kids living in Philly.

This protest is no longer about "End the fed" or "corporate personhood" which was the original message. That's too complicated and boring. It's now about free shit. And the freedom to shit.

There are rumors that many of the prisoners released from Riker's Island are now heading straight to Zuccotti Park for free food and sex. Makes sense.

I seriously doubt that the minor violence that happens at OWS will mushroom into anything remotely like a major civil disturbance.

The USA went though one of those periods where US cities burned back in the 60s. Now those WERE something to behold and fear.

But OWS doesn't have the same kind of numbers of people who think they have nothing to lose like the Black rights movement had.

Most of the the OWS movement's serious activists and most of its more casual protestors, too, in are committed to non-violence.

Not all of them, to be sure, but far more than the small number of people who want to bring the demonstation into seriously violent conflict with civil authority.

Most of the the OWS movement's serious activists .

thumbnail.aspx

"It is the Jews on Wall Street's Fault."

No! Not at all! The octopuses are behind it all!!!
Clepto's All of them!!! How could you love them Samson?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5DyBkYKqnM]octopus steals my video camera and swims off with it (while it's Recording) - YouTube[/ame]
octopus steals my video camera and swims off with it (while it's Recording)

Occupy Philly has refused to comply with the deadline on their permit. Rape reported yesterday. And Jesse Jackson urges them not to "surrender". :evil:
IT'S TIME for Occupy Philly to occupy somewhere else, Mayor Nutter says.

Seriously, guys. He's calling the cops.

Nothing against drum circles, but the 40-day urban camping session, which has already cost taxpayers more than $500,000 in police overtime and other expenses, is now threatening to derail a $50 million revitalization project at Dilworth Plaza.

That's nearly 1,000 jobs that would put food on the table of the "99 percent" that Occupy Philly claims to represent.

Plus, the campsite is getting kind of nasty.

As if on cue, reliably defiant civil-rights activist Jesse Jackson showed up yesterday afternoon and urged Philadelphia protesters to "never surrender," even as officials were clearing Occupy sites in Portland and other cities.

Occupy Filthy: Weary city tells protesters out | Philadelphia Daily News | 11/14/2011

Mayor Nutter is a black leader (D) who just won re-election with 75% of the vote. And Jesse Jackson is telling the protesters to say "Fuck You Mike Nutter."

Professional troublemakers really tick me off.

Occupy Philly has refused to comply with the deadline on their permit. Rape reported yesterday. And Jesse Jackson urges them not to "surrender". :evil:
IT'S TIME for Occupy Philly to occupy somewhere else, Mayor Nutter says.

Seriously, guys. He's calling the cops.

Nothing against drum circles, but the 40-day urban camping session, which has already cost taxpayers more than $500,000 in police overtime and other expenses, is now threatening to derail a $50 million revitalization project at Dilworth Plaza.

That's nearly 1,000 jobs that would put food on the table of the "99 percent" that Occupy Philly claims to represent.

Plus, the campsite is getting kind of nasty.

As if on cue, reliably defiant civil-rights activist Jesse Jackson showed up yesterday afternoon and urged Philadelphia protesters to "never surrender," even as officials were clearing Occupy sites in Portland and other cities.

Occupy Filthy: Weary city tells protesters out | Philadelphia Daily News | 11/14/2011

Mayor Nutter is a black leader (D) who just won re-election with 75% of the vote. And Jesse Jackson is telling the protesters to say "Fuck You Mike Nutter."

Professional troublemakers really tick me off.
Jesse's opinion would carry more weight if he'd pitch a tent and settle in.

But that's just for the proles. He can't be bothered.

Forum List

Back