Soros

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
Many links! All we hear on the MSM is Swiftboats, why is that?

http://www.rogerlsimon.com/mt-archives/2004/09/the_soros_and_t.php

September 16, 2004: The Soros and the Pity

I'm beginning to think that George Soros has the greatest case of Jewish guilt of all time, even though the numbers posted for his 527 donations at opensecrets.org barely put a dent in the multi-billionaire currency trader's fortune. Still I would imagine those donations constitute a fair proportion of the financial support of moveon.org, an "org" whose allegiance to the truth is the rough equivalent of Dan Rather's and whose latest propaganda effort at least contains no Bush=Hitler slurs.

The new moveon.org ad contains the sad but hardly startling fact that more than 1000 US soldiers have died in Iraq. Needless to say no mention is made that those same people were predicting casualties in excess of Vietnam before the war or that many of the deaths were accidental and could have happened at home. They are what they are - horrible. I suppose Soros, one of a nation that lost six million in World War II, is rightly concerned by each individual death.

But still, one wonders about his motivation in all this. Soros is protesting his conviction by a French court last year for insider trading. His reputation for fooling with the value of the British pound is also well known. But now he is financing the most extreme know-nothing do-gooderism. Is he out to impress himself, others or both? He's obviously a brilliant man, but one also wonders whether he studies the geopolitical situation with the same alacrity he studies the currency markets. I have my doubts. Emotions, not facts, are at play here.

UPDATE: Incredibly Soros is only number two on this list of 527 donors.

There are a few interesting comments beneath that article. Especially, I think, this one:

There seems to be at least some speculation that he's made a big move on the world's silver markets...

...Soros is [well-known] as a currency speculator...

...his way to an even larger fortune as doing what he can to bring the US economy down to the levels of other large nations. Essentially he's placing his bets against the US....the Dems fantasy of turning the US into a Eurostyle welfare state plays into those bets - stagnation and eventual decline of the US economy

Considering the man's track record, is this really so far fetched?

Zhukov said:
There are a few interesting comments beneath that article. Especially, I think, this one:

Considering the man's track record, is this really so far fetched?

Nope, I think that was the heart of the post.

Forum List

Back