Soros - Moveon Threatens Congress

The anti war keft has compared Iraq to Viet Nam

Look at the slaughter that took place after the US left Viet Nam

But the RIGHT has consistantly said that the left was WRONG and that this is NOT another viet Nam!

Are you saying that you NOW believe the Democrats? hehehe.... ;)

Care

But the RIGHT has consistantly said that the left was wrong and that this is NOT another viet Nam!

Are you saying that you NOW believe the Democrats? hehehe.... ;)

Care

I am pointing out the left uses the Viet Nam comparsion when it fits their agenda - but does not follow it through

If Dems get their surrender wish the slaughter will pale in comparasion to the slaughter of Saddam

To this day we might be continuing the Vietnam conflict.
There might have been NO end to it.

Not so

The US military NEVER lost a battle in Viet Nam

The liberal media and appeasing left lost the war for the US - they are trying to do the same with Iraq

matt: I agree....and I fail to see how America's presence in the country of Vietnam could have or would have prevented Pol Pot and the Khmer Rouge from doing exactly what they did in Cambodia.

matt: I agree....and I fail to see how America's presence in the country of Vietnam could have or would have prevented Pol Pot and the Khmer Rouge from doing exactly what they did in Cambodia.

How do libs want to "fight" terrorists?

Wisconsin Columnist: We Just Need to 'Understand', 'Educate' These 'So-Called Terrorists'
Posted by Warner Todd Huston on May 11, 2007 - 04:11.
It is no wonder that jihadists everywhere imagine we can so easily be beaten when western MSM outlets are often filled with capitulators and defeatists. The Wisconsin State Journal has just such a foolish, western dupe in it's May 10th issue in a column by Kevin J. Mack who is scolding us all that these "so-called terrorists" just need a little understanding... as if they are merely errant teenagers who need a stern talking to and a little parental lovin'. And, Mack's sentiment that it is really all our fault is all too common in the media today.

In a column titled "Let's try educating 'terrorists' [We're not all like Bush/Gingrich so leave us alone!]", Mack claims that Newt Gingrich helped lead him to his conclusion that we just don't "understand" those poor Islamofascists.

I heard Newt Gingrich say, on "Face the Nation" Sunday morning, that "...we're up against a savagery and a ferocity that we don't understand..." and I wanted to say, stop right there. Don't speak for me. Don't think you speak for all of us. We don't understand? You don't understand.
After scolding Newt (and those of us who support him by extension), Mack proves it is he, rather, who doesn't understand...

These people (he's talking about the "Global War on Terror," and these "terrorists" around the world, though the subject was the Iraq war) act as so-called terrorists because they have become convinced that it is in their best interest to do so.
"So-Called terrorists", Mr. Mack?
Mack ultimately shows that he falls into the category of American Dhimi who views Islamofascism through the prism of U.S. domestic politics and western, democratic templates instead of with any grasp of the subject upon which he expounds when he pleads with them to understand "that we're not all like George Bush (or Newt)" in his closing statement.

So much for his "understanding".

http://newsbusters.org/node/12678

Hmmm...we have had this discussion before methinks. I tend to agree that Pol Pot would have gone unhindered. I do think however that if the US had continued operations in Viet Nam that the North would have capitulated...not because of anything US sources have said but because of what the NVA generals have stated post-war. They were very near collapse until we pulled out and then when we stopped funding SVN. Links have been posted previously substantiating my opinion, but I am too lazy to go get them again.

Hmmm...we have had this discussion before methinks. I tend to agree that Pol Pot would have gone unhindered. I do think however that if the US had continued operations in Viet Nam that the North would have capitulated...not because of anything US sources have said but because of what the NVA generals have stated post-war. They were very near collapse until we pulled out and then when we stopped funding SVN. Links have been posted previously substantiating my opinion, but I am too lazy to go get them again.

In this regard the libs comparison to Iraq with Viet Nam is correct

and I do not necessarily dispute that... I might question the original domino theory premise that got us entangled there...I might dispute the prevarications of the Johnson administration concerning the maddox and the turner joy in the gulf of tonkin that brought about the enormous escalation of our commitment...but I do not doubt the fact that we could have eventually crushed the north vietnamese military. That, however, has little to no bearing on the actions in the neighboring country.

and I do not necessarily dispute that... I might question the original domino theory premise that got us entangled there...I might dispute the prevarications of the Johnson administration concerning the maddox and the turner joy in the gulf of tonkin that brought about the enormous escalation of our commitment...but I do not doubt the fact that we could have eventually crushed the north vietnamese military. That, however, has little to no bearing on the actions in the neighboring country.

It's nice we can agree on some things. Of course, hindsight is 20/20 as they say.

It's nice we can agree on some things. Of course, hindsight is 20/20 as they say.

absolutely...and having watched "Fog of War", I can almost believe that McNamara and Johnson actually believed that the Maddox and the Turner Joy had been attacked.

The effects of their mistake about the Tonkin Gulf were, in hindsight, profound and "monumental" as in, "long low black wall" monumental.

I wholeheartedly disagree with your dismal projection of the outcome...

The Iraqis do not want Iran to take over their oil so they won't let that happen...it is in Iran's interest to have a peaceful Iraq...with shiites being the majority rule.

The Iraqis do not want Alqaeda to take over their oil, so that won't happen

Who will kill millions of people? Alqaeda? Seriously....they are not that strong, and if the success that the military has recently had among the Sunni themselves going against Alqaeda for causing havoc then we have made some true progress....

We are also speaking of leaving special forces to go after alqaeda....

Care

Well Dems are showing again, how much they care about fighting the terrorists
http://www.washtimes.com/national/20070512-121234-1404r.htm

Forum List

Back