Soooo...how will the new tax on gas effect you?

Worldwide, the oil and gas industry annually contributes a half-trillion dollars toward economic activities. That's $500 followed by a bunch of zeros. And in return, we all get something really useful - energy.

Question, does that half a trillion dollars include advertsing? I find Chevron's "People Care" PR as well as all of their advertising disqusting; and BP's both dishonest and disgusting.

Worldwide, the oil and gas industry annually contributes a half-trillion dollars toward economic activities. That's $500 followed by a bunch of zeros. And in return, we all get something really useful - energy.

Question, does that half a trillion dollars include advertsing? I find Chevron's "People Care" PR as well as all of their advertising disqusting; and BP's both dishonest and disgusting.

That's a good question. As to your disdain for the ads, I don't share the feeling.
Makes me feel warm and fuzzy. Kinda like a farmer would feel watching the herbicide commercials with combines strolling up and down the crop fields.

Obviously depending on the elasticity of the end-demand, increases in the price of gas or oil decreases demand.

Let me ask you this....why should the oil companies get SUBSIDES (read pork) for doing what they would do anyway?

What is so special about the oil companies?

They don't.

You find a legitimate request for proof to be tiresome??!!
I'm mean, get real. You make an outlandish claim yet refuse to back it up. How many different ways of stupid is that?

Did you not read my link?

Now that you say something I had to look for it. I don't care what the author of the article is attempting to portray, tax breaks and subsidies are two different animals. If the oil companies are taking advantage of more tax breaks then other industries then the problem is in the tax code and that's what needs to be changed.

I might call it a subsidy, you might call it a tax break, he might call it a duck...does it matter?

Reading up on it, it is not all the tax code at issue - many 'ducks' are targetted at the oil industry.

Obviously depending on the elasticity of the end-demand, increases in the price of gas or oil decreases demand.

Let me ask you this....why should the oil companies get SUBSIDES (read pork) for doing what they would do anyway?

What is so special about the oil companies?

They don't.

Then they won't mind if the government stops them, right?

And all that debating in Congress is over nothing, right?

Did you not read my link?

Now that you say something I had to look for it. I don't care what the author of the article is attempting to portray, tax breaks and subsidies are two different animals. If the oil companies are taking advantage of more tax breaks then other industries then the problem is in the tax code and that's what needs to be changed.

I might call it a subsidy, you might call it a tax break, he might call it a duck...does it matter?

Reading up on it, it is not all the tax code at issue - many 'ducks' are targetted at the oil industry.

Yes, it matters entirely, from a legal and legislative standpoint. Misapplied semantics are almost always used to muddle an issue, either for or against, which is also why it matters. If changes are wanted or needed then the real cause has to be addressed and pursued.

Yes, it matters entirely, from a legal and legislative standpoint. Misapplied semantics are almost always used to muddle an issue, either for or against, which is also why it matters. If changes are wanted or needed then the real cause has to be addressed and pursued.

Which is possibly why they receive 'tax breaks' and not 'subsidies'... to muddle the issue...

Which is possibly why they receive 'tax breaks' and not 'subsidies'... to muddle the issue...

:eusa_eh: Whatever. Have fun with your crusade.

BTW, I can sell you maps to all the best windmills.

Forum List

Back