Soon to be President Elect Barack Obama: Congratulations!

The Paperboy

Times Square
Aug 26, 2008
Times Square
Good luck and Godspeed. We do indeed live in an amazing country!

OJ.jpg

I don't agree with the man politically, but he's busting down some serious walls.

I don't think he'll be good for the country at all. I hope I'm wrong.

Half the country won't think the other half is racist; a good thing. There will be incredible pride felt by African Americans. Nothing wrong with that. Much deserved.

But after six months all that will be old news.

The DC waters are infested with sharks. Look for a bloodbath in the 2010 mid terms.

When energy prices are skyrocketing the economy will be in the tank, and he won't be able to deliver his health care to all the liberal whiners. It will be a great time. :badgrin:

You guys just can't stop... not even for a day. You can't just say "Congratulations, you earned this victory."

Half the country won't think the other half is racist; a good thing. There will be incredible pride felt by African Americans. Nothing wrong with that. Much deserved.

But after six months all that will be old news.

The DC waters are infested with sharks. Look for a bloodbath in the 2010 mid terms.

My God I agree with you, PB.

STOP THE PRESSES! CALL RIPLEY'S BELIEVE IT OR NOT!

Editec and Paperboy agree on something!

Agree, but the last Dem Pres/GOP Congress gridlock was a great time for the country, and particularly for controlling spending.

I assume you're referring to Clinton after 1994. Yes, they were good times but like most Presidencies outside events had more to do with the "good times" then anything else.

Hint: You and I would not be communicating without it.

I think whoever wins the other side should congratulate the winner and allow that group time to enjoy their victory.

The thread was a nice idea paperboy until all the talk about Obama ruining the country started again.

Why not just sit back and wait and see what happens before jumping to conclusions? That's what I'm gonna do if McCain wins.

If indeed Obama does win.. and if somehow in this strange world I would run into him... I would indeed say congrats....

I won't support him or his policies or his views... I will work in whatever way possible to see that those views do not get put into our government... I will work to ensure he does not have a second 4 year term... I will keep my 'NoBama' sign on my garage window...

But I would say congrats

Even though Obama victory is seaming more and more sure, let's not congratulate anyone till the polls are in.

-

The Obama Presidency will start in an economy that is in at least a severe recession. We have foreign commitments from the last adminstration that are a dead weight on our economy and military. The price of energy has become a major weight on every citizen, and on our nations ability to maintain its wealth. Our health care system is the most expensive in the world, yet delivers substandard results when measured against those of most other industrial nations. President Obama will have to hit the ground running. He will have to use every resource he has to create an atmosphere in which we can work on the problems, instead of quarreling about them. He will need the arm twisting ability of Lyndon Johnson, and the leadership skills of Eisenhower and Kennedy. I wish him the best, and, as a citizen, will give him all the support I can in creating a better America.

Forum List

Back