Sons of the New Testament

There are about 1600 Christians living in Israel proper. Many of them don't want to be lumped together with Muslim Arabs or Palestinians. They identify themselves as Israeli Christians who are loyal to the state, and they want to form their own party in the Knesset called Sons of the New Testament. As a result, some of them have received death threats from Muslims. In addition, this year has seen the largest amount of Christian volunteers in the Israeli Defense Forces.

The christian goyim should not be allowed to own land in Israel

I can't imagine how they could live with those god awful Zionist.

Could be that they feel safe and secure unlike the Christians in Palestine that face beatings, forced conversions, evictions, rape and murder.
Don't forget beheadings. Muslim animals love to behead Christians.

I"m sure those fundamentalist Christians will be put at the front line just like the Druze.

There are about 1600 Christians living in Israel proper. Many of them don't want to be lumped together with Muslim Arabs or Palestinians. They identify themselves as Israeli Christians who are loyal to the state, and they want to form their own party in the Knesset called Sons of the New Testament. As a result, some of them have received death threats from Muslims. In addition, this year has seen the largest amount of Christian volunteers in the Israeli Defense Forces.

better than living with terrorist supporters like you, jew-hating cow

I firmly believe the Israelites are the terrorists and I'm not a cow. I don't regurgitate.

Christians in Israel are Zionists themselves,

The issue of Palestinian Christians in Israel is interesting because Israel is seeking to split them off from their Arab ethnicity in an effort to "divide and conquor" and create yet another tier in the Israeli citizery where Arab Israeli's have traditionally existed at the bottom. They're doing this by re-defining Palestinians to only refer to Palestinian Muslims and the Christian Palestinians aren't exactly as much in favor of this as you seem to think.

How Israel Targets Its Palestinian Christian Citizens Nadim Nashif

Within Israel, about 20 percent of the total population is of Palestinian descent, of whom about 80 percent are Muslim, 11 percent are Christian, and 9 percent are Druze. Christians suffer from the same discrimination and marginalization facing the rest of the Palestinian community. They are subject to discrimination in employment, unequal municipal funding, physical threats of violence from police, under-funded educational systems, discrimination in housing rights, and political marginalization. Today, Christians are the fastest shrinking segment of Israel's population, in part due to these discriminatory policies.

Recently, the government has begun instituting policies that purport to "integrate" Christians, but that will in fact further marginalize them and perpetuate a hierarchy of race and religion.

Right-wing member of Knesset (MK) Yariv Levin is the main proponent of these policies. He claims that Christians are not Arab and that, because of this, they deserve "more rights" than Arabs. In February, the first of a series of laws spearheaded by MK Levin was passed in the Israeli parliament.

In recent years, the government has targeted Christian citizens for civic or military service, seeking to exploit the insecurities inherent in being a minority group. While the financial incentives to enlist are appealing to some young people, enlistment rates remain low due to a deep-seated belief in the Palestinian Christians' Arab Palestinian identity. Joining a military perpetrating crimes against the Palestinian people is viewed as immoral.

In April this year, Israel Army Radio announced that the Israeli military will be sending notices to all Christian youth to report to the nearest military office. Now young Palestinian Christians must reconcile the institutionalized discrimination they face on a daily basis with forced assimilation into the very structures that discriminate against them.

Israel's recent approach to Christians closely follows that applied to its Druze citizens, who have served in the Israeli military since 1956 and have had their own curriculum in a separate education system that emphasizes the Zionist narrative. Yet the state still confiscated many of the farms of this community forcing many Druze to enter the military tracks due to high rates of unemployment and poverty. Today, there are several anti-recruitment movements in the Druze community.

These Israeli policies are part of a larger colonial strategy of "divide and rule" within Israel itself. They attempt to foment internal artificial boundaries between otherwise cohesive populations. Instituting laws by which some ethnic or religious groups have more rights than others is directly opposed to democracy and equality.
The difficulty Christians in Israel face is not so much one of alienation from their Muslim brothers, but rather wide spread discrimmination in Israel because of their Arab identity. Some of them, for example the Sons of the New Testement are seeking to redefine their ethnicity so as not to be defined as "Arab". I think this says far more about discrimmination and ethnicity in Israel than it does about the Palestinian Muslims.

When you have a tiered system of citizenship based on religion and ethnicity, discrimmination is unavoidable. Rather than address the real issues, Israel's policy is to further divide and marginalize the Arab population.

Israel passes legislation to reclassify its Christian citizens as non-Arab openDemocracy
The root of the problem is not a feeling of subjugation that Christians feel within Arab society, but rather the everyday discrimination that Arabs feels within Israeli society, a feeling that is shared amongst both Arabs and Israelis who oppose the bill. The Abraham Fund, a joint Arab/Israeli non-profit, issued a statement in opposition to the bill in which it said, ‘profound issues regarding the relations between the Jewish majority and the Palestinian Arab minority in Israel cannot be solved by means of the legislative definition of identity categories for the majority’ and suggested that the bill ‘reflects the unacceptable practice of divide and rule’. In fact, it would seem that, apart from the Likud and a very small minority of Arab Christians, the bill would only serve to further divide an already divisive society and is, as MK Jamal Zahalka suggests, an attempt to ‘cruelly divide the Arab public’.

Internal divisions within the Arab Christian community most certainly exist, as do tensions between Christian and Muslim in the Middle East, but the perceived threat to Christians in Israel is not because of a misunderstanding of Arab identity. Rather, basing the categorisation and status of citizenship on religious and ethnic identifications creates systemic barriers to those citizens who are not deemed acceptable members of the state.

I'm here in defense of innocent animals.

images

You take that back!

No kidding, it was Zionist protestant Christian who came up with the plan for the Ashkenazi's to go to Palestine, you know the end time people , who think Jesus is coming in the clouds. That is a Protestant Evan thing, I think the world would be better off it the OT had been burnt.

No kidding, it was Zionist protestant Christian who came up with the plan for the Ashkenazi's to go to Palestine, you know the end time people , who think Jesus is coming in the clouds. That is a Protestant Evan thing, I think the world would be better off it the OT had been burnt.

For over 2000 plus years vermin like you have tried to destroy us , but in the end you always lose

images

You take that back!

Cows as you might be aware have two stomachs and regurgitate to digest their greens again.

I take it you won't be sacrificing any sheep or doves then, glad to hear it.

For over 2000 plus years vermin like you have tried to destroy us , but in the end you always lose

Those roach motels work well don't they?

No actually for 2000 plus years you have been trying to destroy everyone else, see how that works. We may loose, but were not as savage as yous are, but who wants to live in your world but other savages.

No actually for 2000 plus years you have been trying to destroy everyone else, see how that works. We may loose, but were not as savage as yous are, but who wants to live in your world but other savages.

Jaysus, what a freak you are.

Those roach motels work well don't they?

They're like Hotel California, you can check in, but you can't check out. Ha ha.

images

You take that back!

Cows as you might be aware have two stomachs and regurgitate to digest their greens again.

I take it you won't be sacrificing any sheep or doves then, glad to hear it.

ok, terrorist supporting cow.

Forum List

Back