Sonia's numbers....

Soaring

May 30, 2009
- are not good according to the American people. Gee, I wonder why?

Gateway Pundit: Americans Opposed to "Wise Latina" Sotomayor For Supreme Court ...Update: AP Sotomayor Contest

Tuesday, July 14, 2009
Americans Opposed to "Wise Latina" Sotomayor For Supreme Court ...Update: AP Sotomayor Contest
A plurality of Americans oppose the nomination of Sonia Sotomayor according to a new Rasmussen poll.
Life News reported:

A new poll shows a plurality of Americans are opposed to the nomination of Sonia Sotomayor, who has been linked to pro-abortion groups, to the Supreme Court. A new Rasmussen national telephone poll finds 38 percent of voters support Sotomayor while 44 percent oppose her nomination.

That's a five-point increase in opposition from two weeks ago when 37% were in favor of her confirmation and 39% were opposed.

Forty-five percent have a favorable opinion of her, including 20% very favorable while 46 percent view her unfavorably, with 25% very unfavorable. These numbers also have remained largely the same since her nomination was announced, Rasmussen noted.
More Americans would likely oppose Sotomayor if they knew about her dishonest testimony.
But, don't expect the prO-bama media to report on this.

More... Sotomayor's Unconvincing Backpedalling

UPDATE: This came in the email:

I wanted to let you know that the Associated Press is letting readers collaboratively write the best case for & against Sotomayor. The top rated text will be published at Yahoo! News, so it's a great way to get the word out. I was thinking you could let your readers know about this, so that the case against is as compelling as possible.

The link is here.

We live in a society -
"of the Government, by the Government, for the Government".
We are now slaves to A GREEDY government.

I have never agreed with either political party being able to make a political appointment to the highest court in the land. The citizen has no fair say in it and the appointment is basically for life.

As for this proposed appointment, well just consider the source of the appointment and it should scare the hell out of you!

Every person sitting on that bench brings their own class, race, gender and political biases.

She's no different.

The fact that they all claim that their race, gender, class and political biases aren't ALSO part of how they evaluate the law is irrelevant.

We ALL know they're lying, don't we?

They come at every case with those prejudices regardless of what they calim.

They're human being and humans cannot evaluate anything through any POV but their own.

Yes, what the law says is undoubtably the most important thing they'll use when reviewing cases, but it is impossible for a human being NOT TO bring their own lifes experiences into account when evaluating anything...including the law.

eh... the OP is a bunch of irrelevant lying wingnut garbage anyway...

While many are undecided, Americans who have an opinion of Ms. Sotomayor are more positive than negative in their assessments. Overall, 62 percent did not express an opinion of the nominee but 23 percent had a favorable opinion of her and 15 percent held an unfavorable opinion.

Likewise, 56 percent of those surveyed had no opinion on whether Ms. Sotomayor should be confirmed by the Senate but 30 percent were in favor of confirmation and just 14 percent were not.

Despite their lack of familiarity with Ms. Sotomayor, six in 10 Americans say she would treat all groups the same while just 2 in 10 say she would favor certain groups over others.

The nationwide telephone poll was conducted July 9-12 with 944 adults and has a margin of sampling error of plus or minus three percentage points.

Poll: Americans Weigh In on Sotomayor - The Caucus Blog - NYTimes.com

So? I thought and still think that Scalia, Roberts, and Alito suck. But, almost certainly, there will be one, possibly two, openings on the Court in the next 7 and 1/2 years.

Like it or not, this lady (?) is going to be the next Supreme Court Justice. I think it will change the face of the court forever. It's all about politics these days and not about what's good for the country.

So? I thought and still think that Scalia, Roberts, and Alito suck. But, almost certainly, there will be one, possibly two, openings on the Court in the next 7 and 1/2 years.

And, who knows, perhaps an opening at the WH in 3 1/2 years?

The only number that matters is 60, as in the number of current Dem senators.

Give her the robes and stop the dog and pony show already.

i agree. let's not waste the time and money after all when was the last time government did anything the people wanted?

i agree. let's not waste the time and money after all when was the last time government did anything the people wanted?

By having the Judiciary Committee affirm or not, it is actually saving time and money by not having to have all 100 Senators weigh in. Once confirmed by the committee, the Senate will then have one up or down vote. No further debate.

Forum List

Back