Sonia Sotomayor: Supreme Empathizer?

ok, i now found a quote where she said "hope"

sorry, but that doesn't change the context or meaning of my statement at all....

if it makes you happy:

“I would hope that a wise while man with the richness of his experiences would more often than not reach a better conclusion than a latina woman who hasn’t lived that life,”

I explained how it was different. The "I hope" means that she thinks that should be the case, not that she thinks it is.

ok, so she HOPES that is going to be, IOW, she HOPES it is the case

you just dug yourself a big hole, nice job....all your huffing and puffing actually makes her look more like a racist and a nutjob....

do you have any problems with this statement:

I would hope that a wise while man with the richness of his experiences would more often than not reach a better conclusion than a latina woman who hasn’t lived that life

Are there experiences that whites have in America that its pretty much impossible for Latinas to get?

I explained how it was different. The "I hope" means that she thinks that should be the case, not that she thinks it is.

you just dug yourself a big hole, nice job....all your huffing and puffing actually makes her look more like a racist and a nutjob....

I would hope that a wise while man with the richness of his experiences would more often than not reach a better conclusion than a latina woman who hasn’t lived that life

Are there experiences that whites have in America that its pretty much impossible for Latinas to get?

are there experiences that latinas have in america that its pretty much impossible for whites to get?

your idiocy is that you are blindly defending her....why should her experience as a latina woman give her the ability to reach a better decision?

are there experiences that latinas have in america that its pretty much impossible for whites to get?

your idiocy is that you are blindly defending her....why should her experience as a latina woman give her the ability to reach a better decision?

Any idea how many Latinas went to law school at all, much less Yale, in 1976 when Sotomayer did? Must have been cause back then Latinas didn't know how to study...or maybe they were just dumber or something.

Any idea how many Latinas went to law school at all, much less Yale, in 1976 when Sotomayer did? Must have been cause back then Latinas didn't know how to study...or maybe they were just dumber or something.

nice strawman.

alfalfa?

The reason the Supreme Court leans liberal is that the members don't have to answer to anyone.

Most the the judges on the Supreme Court were appointed by conservatives. In fact, only TWO have been appointed by Democrats, and the other seven by Republicans.

But conservative judges, upon realizing they can do what they want, will lean liberal, because intelligent and free thinkers ARE, in fact, liberal.

Republicans can be defined in two simple terms: close-minded and humorless.

Fact: There doesn't exist a funny conservative.

what does that have to do with anything we are discussing....oh wait, it doesn't, it is nik being emotionally illogical and as such it is causing nik to go off the deep end and create arguments out of thin air that have nothing to do with the topic at hand

how does that give her the ability to reach a better decision. stop making shit up and address the point.

... This woman is on record supporting racism and judicial activisism and should not be rewarded with a lifetime appointment to the highest court in the land. Especially since her interpretation of the law has been weak enough that several of her opinions have been overturned by the SCOTUS.

You've just framed the basis of her appointment.

Her personal story is irrelevant... if she were a crackhead with a rapsheet that could wallpaper the Smithsonian, she would prevail through this Senate...

She's being appointed to BRING SOME CIVIL JUSTICE! Period...

What you're witnessing is the defining point of demarcation, where US Jurisprudence definitively departs from serving equal justice; and if you listen closely you can hear the actual tearing of the fabric of society...

Last edited:
The reason the Supreme Court leans liberal is that the members don't have to answer to anyone.

Most the the judges on the Supreme Court were appointed by conservatives. In fact, only TWO have been appointed by Democrats, and the other seven by Republicans.

But conservative judges, upon realizing they can do what they want, will lean liberal, because intelligent and free thinkers ARE, in fact, liberal.

Yet, you're a liberal and a clueless imbecile... Which I find hysterical... although I'm prepared to accept any information which you can provide, which would prove otherwise.

(Shhhhhhhh.... She has NO CLUE... just sit back and enjoy the cluelessness...)

Really?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vovq5vV5gMw]YouTube - Drew Carey Show - Five O'Clock World[/ame]

Because she will understand the effects of racism and sexism better.

Alito wouldn't know anything about that? you stupid ****.

Really?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vovq5vV5gMw]YouTube - Drew Carey Show - Five O'Clock World[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kmv3WlKa6U8]YouTube - Adam Sandler - I Feel Pretty - Anger Management[/ame]

I can answer since I am Puerto Rican and Austrian, some days I am lazy, some days industrious, some days I steal hubcaps and others I rationalize stealing as a good, Spanish rice one day, wiener schnitzel the next, colorful clothes then military outfit, siestas and long marches... ola, auf wiedersehen....

Who the fuck stopped them from going numbnuts ?..........:eusa_whistle:

If you are looking for a critical analysis of Samuel Alito you'll need to look elsewhere. Category humor.

Can you believe it Scalia and now Alito, another Italian Catholic just too much. Is it an accident Fascism started in Italy? Living in Philly is a great place to eat great Italian food but have you ever known a Italian man who was not a dictator.

Can a dictator be other than a Fascist? Give you some examples. My wife asked her sister to come up and stay the weekend with the girls. "oh no, I can't do that Tony would never allow that." Names are changed to protect the guilty.

My neighbor Thomas's wife goes out with the girls, the phone rings - where are you - the phone rings again - where are you now. The phone rings - these kids, what do I do...the phone rings, you get the picture.

My south Philly friend with a desk nearby, has fighter jets for his calendar and B52s on bombing runs. Peaceful sort of fellow.

These are old fashioned Italian men, raised and pampered by mom, and future dominators of all women folk. Need I go on?

Are they all petty dictators, what else can you say, listen to the language. Maybe it is a Mediterranean thing, I know Greeks that are the same.

Girls you are in trouble now.

My wife? Too late for my wife living with a liberal all these thirty plus years has spoiled her, she thinks she has a mind and life of her own and freedom too. The nerve of some.

Calling all woman in America, you need to move to Europe or at least Canada. Good luck.

Golly... I've never looked at from that perspective before... So you're saying that she has empathy... and as a result, she is operating from a higher intellectual plain... therefore, as a result of her enlightened perspective, she brings a moral authority which is otherwise not present in the law... which gives her special rights to set things straight... to impart FAIRNESS... Like they do in say... FRANCE...

BRILLIANT!

Now... Kids... When the Christians start talking about the higher moral authority that THEY perceive... then THIS species of reasoning and the principles on which IT rest, provide THEM the means to set aside the immoral laws that they feel don't measure up...

Unless Chris, you're saying that Civil Justice can only be laid down from the judiciary... and this no doubt on the certain basis that such IS THE LAW!

WHOA MAN! This left-think makes ya all DIZZY!

I can answer since I am Puerto Rican and Austrian, some days I am lazy, some days industrious, some days I steal hubcaps and others I rationalize stealing as a good, Spanish rice one day, wiener schnitzel the next, colorful clothes then military outfit, siestas and long marches... ola, auf wiedersehen....

only you can prevent stupid posts

i guess true "whiteys" can't answer, you bigot

i see.....

1. what has that to do with the constitution
2. are you now suggesting this be a requirement to sit on the scotus?
3. using your logic, then a white man would understand the law better, as the law developed from white men.

1. Being unaccountable can mean going liberal; so can living in the privileged little world of Washington, D.C. This is not a credit to either.

2. Liberals are more close-minded than conservatives because they've convinced themselves that they are doing God's work! Who can stand in their way?

3. P.J. O'Rourke is hilarious. Your average feminist? Not funny.

Forum List

Back