Songs That Make You Verklempt

Goddamn country music shit. That fucking crap should be outlawed. Who cares about stupid black people rapping about killing cops, country music should be considered a weapon of mass destruction. I'm sick and tired of hearing about how Bubba shot the jukebox and how Llewelyn had sex with his sister in the back of his pick up truck.

Goddamn country music shit. That fucking crap should be outlawed. Who cares about stupid black people rapping about killing cops, country music should be considered a weapon of mass destruction. I'm sick and tired of hearing about how Bubba shot the jukebox and how Llewelyn had sex with his sister in the back of his pick up truck.

rather hear about how G put the hook in his motherfuckin ho?

Favorite country music titles...

My Wife Ran Off With My Best Friend And I Miss Him

You Broke My Heart So I Busted Your Jaw

Favorite country music titles...

My Wife Ran Off With My Best Friend And I Miss Him

You Broke My Heart So I Busted Your Jaw

How about these classics?

How Can I Miss You When You Won't Go Away?

I Love Ya So Much Baby That I Can't Shit

I'd Rather Have a Bottle In Front of Me than a Frontal Lobotomy

I liked Big and Rich's "Ride a Cowboy."

I also like Dwayne Yokum a lot.

Most modern CnW strikes me as nothing more that mediocre rock and roll played by people with cowboy hats.

I like some of the older C& W.. a lot, acutally. Probably why I like Yokum, I suspect.

I don't seek it out, but when I hear it, I think it's unique enough to be worthy of a listen.

I like Jazz and classical, now, mostly.

Jazz of the late 40's and early 50s and 60s especially.

My all time favorite vocalist is still Billie Holiday.

rather hear about how G put the hook in his motherfuckin ho?

no happy medium? :eusa_whistle:

Landslide (whether by Fleetwood Mac or Dixie Chicks) and Thunder Road (Bruuuuuuuuuuuuce) always make me choke up a little. I also can't listen to Cat's In The Cradle...

Landslide is an AWESOME song. if you like Fleetwood Mac, try to find the album "Buckingham Nicks".

whatever ...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4s0nzsU1Wg]YouTube - A Country Boy Can Survive[/ame]

I liked Big and Rich's "Ride a Cowboy."

I also like Dwayne Yokum a lot.

Most modern CnW strikes me as nothing more that mediocre rock and roll played by people with cowboy hats.

I like some of the older C& W.. a lot, acutally. Probably why I like Yokum, I suspect.

I don't seek it out, but when I hear it, I think it's unique enough to be worthy of a listen.

I like Jazz and classical, now, mostly.

Jazz of the late 40's and early 50s and 60s especially.

My all time favorite vocalist is still Billie Holiday.

Relative of Dwight's?

I prefer the old stuff myself - Loretta Lynn, Merel Haggard etc.

Travelling Soldier and 8th of November make me tear up a bit, as well as Cat's in the Cradle - Wide Open Spaces, cause I have a daughter. :lol:

Landslide is great...

Also, I was just reminded of the song "Arlington."

It does tend to be country songs that tear you up.

"Joey" by Concrete Blond is very emotional, but I've never had to wipe my eyes over it. Same with "Hurt" by Johnny Cash/Trent Reznor.

Forum List

Back