songs that feature the "iron maiden gallop"

Okay, time to blow some minds again, like we did ^ up yonder ^ on post #50 (on the subtly Iron Maiden-esque "galloping" of John Parr's theme from the movie St. Elmo's Fire).

I know all of us fellow music listeners with very deft, discerning ears given impetus by our love of the intricate details of the cadential nuances of music will appreciate these next two posts/ songs.

Bet you don't see these two coming :)badgrin:)

[ame=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdqoNKCCt7A]Simple Minds, Don't You (Forget About Me)[/ame]

Think Maiden here, guys 'n' dolls. Click on any Maiden track posted on this thread, and listen for the band's trademark DUM-da-da-DUM-da-da-DUM-da-da-DUM-da-da-DUM-da-da-DUM rhythm.

It's everywhere in this Simple Minds classic — EVERYWHERE. :thup:

And another I'll bet you don't see a comin' — from the greatest synthesizer player in world:

[ame=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbKNICg-REA]Steve Winwood, Valerie[/ame]

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

AWESOME, huh??? :D

You know the "Iron Maiden gallop"?

Here it is, in a couple of their most well-known gems:

[ame=[MEDIA=youtube]cU5rvBtjsLY[/MEDIA] Maiden, The Evil That Men Do[/ame]

[ame=[MEDIA=youtube]4uq6Ax-zzkQ[/MEDIA] Maiden, The Trooper[/ame]

DUM-da-da-DUM-da-da-DUM-da-da-DUM-da-da-DUM-da-da-DUM-da-da-DUM-da-da-DUM ...

How many songs can we name that feature it?

"Iron Maiden gallop"? :laugh2:

Them's triplets, son. Invented by Og in the year 2. Later that afternoon he invented the wheel.

Iron maiden... sheesh.

Here's a few, starting with the one the OP reminds me of (which, fair warning, is more like actual music) :D

Sixties pop:

And the French Canadians have been doing it by foot for eons...

You know the "Iron Maiden gallop"?

Here it is, in a couple of their most well-known gems:

[ame=[MEDIA=youtube]cU5rvBtjsLY[/MEDIA] Maiden, The Evil That Men Do[/ame]

[ame=[MEDIA=youtube]4uq6Ax-zzkQ[/MEDIA] Maiden, The Trooper[/ame]

DUM-da-da-DUM-da-da-DUM-da-da-DUM-da-da-DUM-da-da-DUM-da-da-DUM-da-da-DUM ...

How many songs can we name that feature it?

Them's triplets, son. Invented by Og in the year 2. Later that afternoon he invented the wheel.

Iron maiden... sheesh.

Here's a few, starting with the one the OP reminds me of (which, fair warning, is more like actual music) :D

Sixties pop:

so have horses.....

gallop....Strauss and Nadja - YouTube

Iron maiden... sheesh.

Sixties pop:

so have horses.....

(site makes me delete link)

Good point Harry but that's not even music.

I suspect you meant this?

And a favorite old radio theme -- this one goes out to @HenryHough

Okay, time to blow some minds again, like we did ^ up yonder ^ on post #50 (on the subtly Iron Maiden-esque "galloping" of John Parr's theme from the movie St. Elmo's Fire).

I know all of us fellow music listeners with very deft, discerning ears given impetus by our love of the intricate details of the cadential nuances of music will appreciate these next two posts/ songs.

Bet you don't see these two coming :)badgrin:)

[ame=[MEDIA=youtube]CdqoNKCCt7A[/MEDIA] Minds, Don't You (Forget About Me)[/ame]

Think Maiden here, guys 'n' dolls. Click on any Maiden track posted on this thread, and listen for the band's trademark DUM-da-da-DUM-da-da-DUM-da-da-DUM-da-da-DUM-da-da-DUM rhythm.

It's everywhere in this Simple Minds classic — EVERYWHERE. :thup:
John Parr was managed by John Wiggy Wolf, Wiggy was a great member of the Who's tour production team.The smartest thing Maiden did was to retain the rights to their merchandising.

Iron maiden... sheesh.

Sixties pop:

so have horses.....

(site makes me delete link)

Good point Harry but that's not even music.

I suspect you meant this?

And a favorite old radio theme -- this one goes out to @HenryHough

nope.....i meant the beings that originated the "Gallop"....

Iron maiden... sheesh.

Sixties pop:

No one here needs an editorial about "actual music" from someone whose entire understanding of music comes from something she read in a 101-level humanities class.

Go hijack someone else's thread, bitch.

Or better yet, do something at which you've never displayed the slightest propensity at being particularly gifted, and start your own. And please, try your level best not to plagiarize anyone's work, too, while you're at it. :D

This thread ain't about you, Pogo.

Iron maiden... sheesh.

Sixties pop:

No one here needs an editorial about "actual music" from someone whose entire understanding of music comes from something she read in a 101-level humanities class.

When she shows up lemme know and we'll see if she knows what a triplet is. :eusa_hand:
How come you didn't post any music, speaking of editorials?

Go hijack someone else's thread, bitch.

wooooooooo....
baby-crying.jpg

Or better yet, do something at which you've never displayed the slightest propensity at being particularly gifted, and start your own. And please, try your level best not to plagiarize anyone's work, too, while you're at it. :D

This thread ain't about you, Pogo.

I've never been part of any of those bands so they're not about me. But I have been a musician since the '50s and do I know what a triplet is, and I gave you three examples. Actually five, and all of them except Heart way predate Iron Maiden.

Poor Captain Butthurt. Lost in his narrow sphere of medieval torture devices... :itsok:
Isn't it time to start a thread about me? You know, down in the FZ where you whine every time somebody schools your ass?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back