Songs From Your Childhood

I know nobody in School appreciated this Thing Correctly!! 12 years old! Definitely... They don't get it!!!

That's no fair, we could all do jetsons, flintstones... I don't know... scooby doo...

Man I hate battle of New Orleans... Ok sure you had to do it in class and ya ya, and, ok its coming from a guy that does all the dixie crap as some crappy tie in with the Confederacy. You know how horrible I find that? So its like if the South did Not like Andrew Jackson, there wouldn't have been a song about Andrew Jackson Wit a Big ooolll Southeernnn Acceeent, maybe Andrew jacksoon had a run in with the llAAaaw and a Gator....

Last edited:
This song 1905 became popularized on Captain Kangaroo. This is being recorded by a Hugh Brannum -- also known as Lumby Brannum --- but loved by the baby boomer generation as MR. GREEN JEANS! ENJOY!

My Grand-mom sang the chorus of this song to me once when I was little. She was teasing me because I was having a meltdown and she was trying to get me to laugh ---- which she always did. She remembered it from HER childhood. This song is from 1893. I recalled her singing it to me when I heard the tune sung years later. My grand-mom was born in 1897. I assume that children would have heard this tune for years... I DON'T WANT TO PLAY IN YOUR YARD!

And what Baby Boomer didn't have a WAMMO Hula Hoop by 1959? HULA HOOP! I got a yellow one that Christmas. My parents tried it too...

Last edited:
This song by THE PLAYMATES is the highest chart recording claim to fame for this Connecticut group... All the kids of 1958 loved this song, and I do remember singing it while riding my bicycle --- at least once or twice. I remember the Nash Rambler. There were far more different cars and models for the suburban middle class dads to choose from back then. The song is actually called BEEP BEEP (but many still request The Little Nash Rambler song).

Forum List

Back