Songs About Trains

hey...if anybody posted this song before,,,,I do apologized for stepping in toes,,,,its not my intention

AC/DC - Rock n Roll Train

apologies if this has been posted.

Jethro Tull - Locomotive Breath (Live)

Another great song! love it !!!:mm:

my apologies if it was posted before I don't want to step on anybody's toes when it comes to music! :smile:

Duke Ellington, "Take the A Train"

No apologies or toe-stepping needed here Skye. Some tunes deserve repeated recognition and this is one of them.

Your contributions to this thread have been outstanding. The overlooked Locomotive Breath for one, and I had never heard the Moonglows so you turned me on to that. And while I had posted the original version of Mystery Train you submitted the best one. You GO girl.

Special kudos also to Harry Dresden for another overlooked winner, Whiskey Train, and for being a fan of Savoy Brown. :thup:

Speaking of Joan Baez....

Innumerable versions of this song done by too many artists to count, including the Beatles when they were the Quarrymen skiffle group. Written around 1905 by Elizabeth Cotten when she was about 12 years old. Libby Cotten was a lefthanded guitar player playing a righthanded guitar requiring her to invent ways of plucking the melody with her thumb and the bass lines with her fingers (opposite of the normal method) which is called "Cotten Picking". She lived to the age of 94 when her famous song was over eight decades old.

Jonathan Edwards "Morning Train" trad gospel song done by many...

including famously Peter Paul and Mary 1963

Please forgive
if this was posted before

Tom Waits - "Downtown Train"

Big Bill Broonzy "South Bound Train" (1952) -- about the time trains were being eclipsed by cars

Forum List

Back