Song with First Name or Last Name in the title

Last edited:
My least favorite Boston song:
(This is no "More than a feeling")
It's still OK.

The girl in the video was likely not even born when this song came out.

Uncle Remus - Frank Zappa

www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHIhsq9qHPk

St. Alfonzo's Pancake Breakfast - Frank Zappa

www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXdckI9ZtMs

Joe's Garage - Frank Zappa

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlIe5mBqIB4
I'd like to punch Frank Zappa right in his mouth for referencing Uncle Remus. Too bad he died of AIDS before I could. (punch him right in the mouth)

Ugly ..yeah. I do recognize he was a musical genius. All a waste, IMO.

To tell the truth I never really had much awareness of Uncle Remus, but it was written by George Duke who is black.

An annoymous comment:

I’ve enjoyed the Zappa song (he may not have written it but he sure delivers it like no one else could) since I was a teen in the 70’s. Never gave to much thought to the lyrics until I dusted it off in recent years though. It seems to pay homage to the civil rights movement of the 60’s, though there is nothing definitive from the composer. In any event, I applaud it as a (not so overt) attempt to maintain the discourse and keep things moving in a good direct. And it’s a fun song to sing!

Uncle Remus - Frank Zappa

www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHIhsq9qHPk

St. Alfonzo's Pancake Breakfast - Frank Zappa

www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXdckI9ZtMs

Joe's Garage - Frank Zappa

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlIe5mBqIB4
I'd like to punch Frank Zappa right in his mouth for referencing Uncle Remus. Too bad he died of AIDS before I could. (punch him right in the mouth)

Ugly ..yeah. I do recognize he was a musical genius. All a waste, IMO.

To tell the truth I never really had much awareness of Uncle Remus, but it was written by George Duke who is black.

An annoymous comment:

I’ve enjoyed the Zappa song (he may not have written it but he sure delivers it like no one else could) since I was a teen in the 70’s. Never gave to much thought to the lyrics until I dusted it off in recent years though. It seems to pay homage to the civil rights movement of the 60’s, though there is nothing definitive from the composer. In any event, I applaud it as a (not so overt) attempt to maintain the discourse and keep things moving in a good direct. And it’s a fun song to sing!
I grew up on pre-Zappa Uncle Remus.

Zippity Doo Da, dammit!

Everything is satisfactual! :up:

Forum List

Back