Song from "The Italian Job"...

fuzzykitten99

VIP Member
Apr 23, 2004
You'll have to check the Marauder's Map...
I can't seem to find it anywhere, not even on the soundtrack. It's the "Money" song, played at the beginning of the movie, and at the end, where they are on the train celebrating (the newer version of the movie, with Charlize Theron)

I tried IMDB.com, but the soundtrack info is kind of vague on who performs it. It says Scott Weiland, Slash, and Duff McKagan, and I know Scott Weiland is from the Stone Temple Pilots, but I can't find any info on them being the performers.

Anyone know where I can get the song, other than downloading it?

Thanks!

never mind, i found it...the version i was looking for was by Velvet Revolver, the original song done by pink floyd. apparently, VR's version was not actually released on any media form, but I found a website that had the whole song available for free download.

fuzzykitten99 said:
never mind, i found it...the version i was looking for was by Velvet Revolver, the original song done by pink floyd. apparently, VR's version was not actually released on any media form, but I found a website that had the whole song available for free download.

Why would you want a cover of a Pink Floyd song when the original is available? That's like seeking out the Echo and the Bunnymen version of "People are Strange".

no1tovote4 said:
Why would you want a cover of a Pink Floyd song when the original is available? That's like seeking out the Echo and the Bunnymen version of "People are Strange".

I like VR's version of 'Money' better. I like the guitar work, as its more edgy and just more my taste. PF's version (to me) is tame and slow compared to VR's. I found I am not the only one who feels this way, as I found many people looking for the same thing, because they like the new version better.

Plus, I like nearly all of the songs from the movie, yet none of them are on the actual soundtrack, so I have been tracking them down one by one, and making a CD for myself.

I never even heard of Velvet Revolver. I knew Scott Weiland of Stone Temple Pilots as I listented to them a lot when I was younger, but I didn't know he joined 2 former Guns&Roses (another fave group of mine) guys and formed a new group.

Forum List

Back