Son Puts Elderly Mom Outside To Die In Wheelchair

C

chloe

Dec 23, 2008 9:09 am US/Pacific

VICTORVILLE, Calif. (AP) ―
Click to enlarge
Jacqueline Marie Fox, 87, died after she was left outside in her wheelchair.

A Victorville man has been charged with elder abuse causing death for leaving his 87-year-old mother outside in her wheelchair.

Jacqueline Marie Fox was unable to move her wheelchair into the backyard of her Mojave Desert home without assistance.

Investigators say she was left outside for an extended time and she was found dead Aug. 5.

An autopsy determined she died of exposure.

court documents show Simons, who was the woman's sole caretaker, has a history of abusing and stealing from the elderly. Last year he was convicted of theft, forgery and embezzlement.

cbs2.com - Son Puts Elderly Mom Outside To Die In Wheelchair

Do you think elderly abuse will increase in the recession?

May he be charged with first degree murder and receives the maximum penalty available in his locale. That is prior to his burning in hell. All of this is too good for him, but it is the best we can de.

Dec 23, 2008 9:09 am US/Pacific

VICTORVILLE, Calif. (AP) ―
Click to enlarge
Jacqueline Marie Fox, 87, died after she was left outside in her wheelchair.

A Victorville man has been charged with elder abuse causing death for leaving his 87-year-old mother outside in her wheelchair.

Jacqueline Marie Fox was unable to move her wheelchair into the backyard of her Mojave Desert home without assistance.

Investigators say she was left outside for an extended time and she was found dead Aug. 5.

An autopsy determined she died of exposure.

court documents show Simons, who was the woman's sole caretaker, has a history of abusing and stealing from the elderly. Last year he was convicted of theft, forgery and embezzlement.

cbs2.com - Son Puts Elderly Mom Outside To Die In Wheelchair

Do you think elderly abuse will increase in the recession?

What was a convicted con doing in charge of an elderly person too weak to protect herself?

he was her son, and also had a history of ripping off old people

he was her son, and also had a history of ripping off old people
He needed to be separated from society a long long time ago. I am in favor of a penile colony on an isolated desert like island. Women we can keep in prisons, but the criminally minded men need to be sent to isolation where they can only commit crimes against each other, not their innocent mothers and grandmothers.

He probably did this because of abortion.

Funny you should bring that up because....

In a society where infanticide is culturally acceptable generally it is also a custom for the old people to take themselves away when they become a burden upon the tribe or family.

How strange you have a problem with the fact that this guy decided to off his mom when she could no longer care for herself but have no problem with killing people in comas, or babies, or the poor, or the unhappy, or whoever happens to be a "burden" upon someone somewhere.......generally those things go hand in hand.

Maybe it's just resentment that you didn't think of it yourself.

He needed to be separated from society a long long time ago. I am in favor of a penile colony on an isolated desert like island. Women we can keep in prisons, but the criminally minded men need to be sent to isolation where they can only commit crimes against each other, not their innocent mothers and grandmothers.

"Penile" colony?

That can't be right.....:lol:

May he be charged with first degree murder and receives the maximum penalty available in his locale. That is prior to his burning in hell. All of this is too good for him, but it is the best we can de.

I used to be stationed in 29 Palms, 40 miles from Victorville. I know what it's like in the High Desert. His punishment needs to be commensurate with his crime.

Tie him to a chair in the yard in Victorville in July and just leave him. :evil:

There is a lot of elderly abuse. My mom made me promise to be the one to take care of her if someday she cant take care of herself. She's afraid other relatives might abuse her.

Forum List

Back