Son of "Moore F 9/11 Deceptions"

walwor

May 19, 2004
Kentucky, USA
As I said in my previous post, it was very distressing for me, a Bush supporter, to watch Michael Moore's Fahrenheit 9/11 and to see GWB exposed for his Saudi ties, shady business deals, and outright disregard for our troops, whom he has presumably sent to Iraq to further his own economic interests and those of his cronies. Now, I only became a Bush supporter after 9/11. I voted for Gore in 2000. So I'm not a dyed-in-the-wool dittohead. Watching the stuff on the previous election, watching the lead-up to 9/11/2001 with GWB being on vacation all the time, etc., brought back old memories. So, when I saw the part about a partner of W's having his name blacked out of W's National Guard record, and the subsequent exposure, by MM, of the real name on there (James Bath) and the sinister ties to Saudi money for investment in W's failed energy company, it was easy for me to fall into remembering all the reasons I had for not voting for the guy in 2000. However, once again, thanks to Dave Kopel's website:

http://www.davekopel.org/Terror/Fif...t-911.htm#Saudi_Departures_from_United_States

we are given the following link:

http://www.hhs.gov/ocr/privacysummary.pdf

which is a government document which states the following:

"Protected Health Information. The Privacy Rule protects all "individually
identifiable health information" held or transmitted by a covered entity or its business
associate, in any form or media, whether electronic, paper, or oral. The Privacy Rule
calls this information "protected health information (PHI)."

“Individually identifiable health information” is information, including demographic
data, that relates to:
• the individual’s past, present or future physical or mental health or
condition,
• the provision of health care to the individual, or
• the past, present, or future payment for the provision of health care to the
individual,
and that identifies the individual or for which there is a reasonable basis to believe
can be used to identify the individual.13 Individually identifiable health information
includes many common identifiers (e.g., name, address, birth date, Social Security
Number)."

So, as Kopel states,

"Moore makes a big point about the name of James Bath being blacked out from Bush National Guard records which were released by the White House. The blackout might appear less sinister if Moore revealed that federal law (the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, HIPPA) required the National Guard to black out the names any Guardsmen whose medical information was on the same pages as the records which the Guard released regarding George Bush's health records. In Bath's case, he had been suspended for failing to take an annual physical exam. So what Moore presents as a sinister effort to conceal the identity of James Bath was in fact the legally-required compliance with federal law.

Moore gloats: "What Bush didn't know was that I already had a copy of his military records--uncensored--obtained in the year 2000." Moore creates the impression that he is an investigative sleuth. Actually, the records had been released in 2000. The privacy regulations for the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) went into effect on April 14, 2003, and so did not apply when the National Guard records were released in 2000."

Now, doesn't it occur to anyone here that if Bush is as sleazy and corrupt and bought-and-paid-for-by-Saudi-money as the movie alleges, that these types of dis- and misinformation would not be necessary? If Kerry has any brains, he will distance himself from this son of a bitch. As for me, it's put me more firmly in Bush's camp than before.

If Kerry has any brains, he will distance himself from this son of a bitch. As for me, it's put me more firmly in Bush's camp than before.
That's good to hear. Michael Moore is just a lying, hypocritical, piece of shit.

Forum List

Back