Son of a BITCH.....

Feb 28, 2009
I blew out one of my surround sound speakers in my studio.... Now gonna have to buy a new SET.... Can't buy these as single units.

I am PIST OFF!

• Banned
you can't find them on ebay individually?
Might could.... I don't play the eBay thing. Finding the exact one I need from the same set is probably not rational anyway since they're about six years old as it is.

I COULD repair it, but the little cabinet is a sealed unit, would almost have to destroy it to remove the speaker and replace with one with same specs out of Radio Shack.

NOW I gotta listen to everything in straight stereo..... Can't preview my Dolby Digital 5.1 tracks. So, I am essentially shut down until I solve this. Sounds like a small problem, but it ain't.

• Banned
Sorry dude.

By the way..loved your tracks with GT.
G.T. is a talented young feller. It's always a pleasure to work with him.

We did this classic, Terry did the video. Yes, we put Chuck Mangione to Rap. "Children of Sanchez" became "Children of Haiti" with strictly online collaboration:

[ame=http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZBjGkny4KIc]YouTube - Children of Haiti -- Clinton/Bush Haiti Fund[/ame]

• Banned
Yeah, rich dude got a blown out speaker.... Now can only listen in Stereo. Boo fucking Hoo.

I know.

Yeah, rich dude got a blown out speaker.... Now can only listen in Stereo. Boo fucking Hoo.

I know.

Poor MM. $goodboy.gif

We care.

Sorry dude.

We did this classic, Terry did the video. Yes, we put Chuck Mangione to Rap. "Children of Sanchez" became "Children of Haiti" with strictly online collaboration:

[ame=http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZBjGkny4KIc]YouTube - Children of Haiti -- Clinton/Bush Haiti Fund[/ame]

Wow.

Nicely done.:clap2:

I've contributed..perhaps..time for a second round.

I have a really nice of JBLs in the home theater. They rock the movies, NASCAR races and football games at 900 watts, no distortion, anything. Probably going to buy the exact set now for the studio. Guess I just needed the excuse. $220.

Sorry dude.

[ame="http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZBjGkny4KIc"]YouTube - Children of Haiti -- Clinton/Bush Haiti Fund[/ame]

Wow.

Nicely done.:clap2:

I've contributed..perhaps..time for a second round.
The more the merrier. G.T. has gone "old school" on us lately, much more musical on the beats, and much more introspective on the rap lyrics. His music thread is HERE.

Lesson #4-B on "How rich cheapskates operate." Currently stolen one of the JBLs and hooked it up in here so I can continue working for now. Easy to take it back in the home theater and hook it up when I want to crank up a movie or sporting event. Wrestlemania 27 is tomorrow night!:eek:

Now I'll probably put off buying a new set of studio speakers indefinitely.... Or until I blow up another one.

What blew your speaker out, you ask? First digital copy of a old CW McCall song I'd just recorded into my computer, off a 34 year-old vinyl record. Was just playing the resulting track back, "Crispy Critters" is getting the 2011 digital treatment!

Don't feel to bad. I set up like a home server farm with several old pcs and my pride and joy ALIENWARE. One day..none of them started up. A power surge killed them all.

That Sucked.

Don't feel to bad. I set up like a home server farm with several old pcs and my pride and joy ALIENWARE. One day..none of them started up. A power surge killed them all.

That Sucked.
All my shit is protected... I have a LARGE UPS for everything. But, I feel your pain.

What's cool is, when all power is out in my area and I still have some lights, and still can either watch a movie on the Big Plasma or work on tracks in my studio, uninterrupted. And also keeping the beer cold. Gotta have priorities!

Meanwhile the neighbors for miles around are lighting candles and shit, and calling the electric company for me...

It's good to be rich.

Edit to add: The little swirly fluorescent light bulbs? Great for when the power is out, they are low on current draw and are part of my "power is out" strategy!

That Sucked.
All my shit is protected... I have a LARGE UPS for everything. But, I feel your pain.

What's cool is, when all power is out in my area and I still have some lights, and still can either watch a movie on the Big Plasma or work on tracks in my studio, uninterrupted. And also keeping the beer cold. Gotta have priorities!

Meanwhile the neighbors for miles around are lighting candles and shit, and calling the electric company for me...

It's good to be rich.

Edit to add: The little swirly fluorescent light bulbs? Great for when the power is out, they are low on current draw and are part of my "power is out" strategy!

I had surge protectors all around. Funny thing is..when I checked them..they all were melted. Probably a huge surge or something.

That Sucked.

It's good to be rich.

I had surge protectors all around. Funny thing is..when I checked them..they all were melted. Probably a huge surge or something.
Problem with those is, they don't isolate you. Only a transformer can do that, making you magnetically isolated from Mean Ol' Mr. Utility. Surge protectors have always been a false sense of security. They are a cruel joke. I don't own one.

The UPS contains a big transformer, a converter, a battery and a inverter. When the power goes out I have perfectly clean sinusoidal sine wave digital 120 volt 60 hertz VAC. The surge protector's flaw is higher frequency stuff goes right on through, especially if it's also higher voltage, like say, 5000 volts.

Makes the smoke seals fail on everything connected to it! :rofl:

Forum List

Back