Son moves out tomorrow. Empty nest here I come.

strollingbones

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2008
chicken farm
His landlord called. The apartment is ready. He is moving tomorrow. I will be here alone with hubby. Mixed feelings there. Wish me luck. I know it is time he moved out. But it seems so sudden.

"The cats in cradle and the silver spoon, little boy blue and the man in the moon."

No, wait, that's about a dad and his son.

Hold on a sec, let me think.

"Baby come back, any kind of fool could see, there was something, in everything about you."

No,no, no! That's about a guy wanting his girlfriend back.

Wait, I have it!

I'm moving out
Me and my best friend Louise got it all figured out
She's got the car and I've got the stereo
I'm saving my dollars that used to be dimes
Getting ready, ready for the time
That this girl's gonna move out

I can't wait, no I just can't wait
All I know is that it's gonna be great and all my friends think we're so cool
Monday morning we're signing the lease
Wednesday we're getting our phone
Friday night we're throwing a party going all night long

His landlord called. The apartment is ready. He is moving tomorrow. I will be here alone with hubby. Mixed feelings there. Wish me luck. I know it is time he moved out. But it seems so sudden.

:doubt: I don't know what it says about me as a mother but, when my last kid moved out, I was doing the happy dance and planning how I was going to turn her room into my office.

Do not be so quick to discount political terror just because the annoying girlfriend is seemingly out of the picture.

:doubt: I don't know what it says about me as a mother but, when my last kid moved out, I was doing the happy dance and planning how I was going to turn her room into my office.

says you done good.....this is my only child....i act like they are moving 5 states away....i think they are just across the county line....

I SO know that feeling.

You sort of make your children the whole point of your life for decdes, and then POOF! your whole reason for being packs up and starts his or her own life and doesn't need you.

You're suddenly free and let's face it, freedom is sort of something few of us are really used to.

says you done good.....this is my only child....i act like they are moving 5 states away....i think they are just across the county line....

aw... thanks!... just hang in there.

That was then and now... My daughter lives in San Francisco. My son and my d-i-l and my 3 g-kids are in D.C. And I'm in South Texas to be near my ailing parent.

Wait a few years til you have g-kids. Spend as much time with them as you can. I sure do miss mine!

they took the mattress off the sleeper sofat? hello.....need it for a couple of weeks....i am calling about finding them one of their own. so far its 12:30 and no one has moved..the truck is packed my car is packed....and they are sitting on the sofa that now sinks down a few inches and curves your back....looking a bit forelorned....lol what a mess....

I SO know that feeling.

You sort of make your children the whole point of your life for decdes, and then POOF! your whole reason for being packs up and starts his or her own life and doesn't need you.

You're suddenly free and let's face it, freedom is sort of something few of us are really used to.

o hell ed...now i am depressed....i need valiums...or something stronger....

when in doubt...do drugs....

they are gone...i was told ...my car was unloaded....i could go....

so sad...just me and hubby....o well that is who i started out with....

Forum List

Back