Sometimes ya just gotta show appreciation

Grace

Rookie
Jan 29, 2011
I know this place is rough and tumble. I know there are some really....ahem...to be polite I'll say weird....people here. But overall...I've noticed one thing about this place. The majority of you can put aside differences when someone is hurting, or experiences something and decides to share it. Y'all offer comfort, condolences, advice, kindness. Nobody that I have seen since being here (so far) have gone over the line when someone is really in dire need of another human being. You have stepped up and put aside negative emotions just to offer a kind word.

This is why I stayed here. This is why I call USMB home now. Just wanted to say Thank You to you guys.

Yes, I am loaded on vicodins right now. Took 1 and a half. Maybe that's why I'm all mushy at the moment. Take advantage of it. I'll be back to my usual in the morning.:lol:

Grace, I agree!
With or without vics.

There is a poster whose viewpoints I can respect, even if they may be whacked a tad. :tongue:
We recently butted heads on a subject, yet were able to put THAT subject aside, not use our personal viewpoints, and were able to provide the 'comfort' that was needed.

BUT, there ARE those who are here, merely to stir the pot. I try to avoid responding to their threads, or if I do respond, I do so by attempting to be a neutralizing participant. It doesn't always work out that way however.

(((hugs)))
MeBe

I know this place is rough and tumble. I know there are some really....ahem...to be polite I'll say weird....people here. But overall...I've noticed one thing about this place. The majority of you can put aside differences when someone is hurting, or experiences something and decides to share it. Y'all offer comfort, condolences, advice, kindness. Nobody that I have seen since being here (so far) have gone over the line when someone is really in dire need of another human being. You have stepped up and put aside negative emotions just to offer a kind word.

This is why I stayed here. This is why I call USMB home now. Just wanted to say Thank You to you guys.

Yes, I am loaded on vicodins right now. Took 1 and a half. Maybe that's why I'm all mushy at the moment. Take advantage of it. I'll be back to my usual in the morning.:lol:

And people still tell us that drug abuse is a BAD thing.

Forum List

Back