Sometimes I wonder if Ebay is worth the "savings"

Wal-Mart now ships most items to your home for free. I expect them to be taking a chunk out of eBay soon.

Be careful about ordering from Walmart site......much of the stuff is not theirs. They sell on behalf of other companies.....similar to Amazon. They don't have the stuff in their own warehouse.

I had ordered some items that I had thought were a bulk purchase, but come to find out it was each. Walmart wouldn't do anything about it because it wasn't their product, even though I had bought it from their site. I did get it straightened out with the other company, but I won't buy online from Walmart again.
When you order, if you actually read the item/order pages it will tel you whether it's from Walmart or a vendor and that you have to deal with the vendor if there's a problem. It's not hard to figure out if you actually read, if you want to see who's to blame for that screw up you only need look in the closest mirror.

Yes, thank you so very much for your assessment. :p Since I don't buy online very often, it's usually from the company site directly. This was the first time I had ordered from Walmart site.......lesson learned.
I'm only pointing out the obvious......... Same lesson I learned the hard way........ :D

first word of advice...use paypal....to pay for this stuff....then you can recover money lost on bad deals...at one time i sold/purchased on ebay...then they changed the prices...you had to sell a product for over 10 bucks to even start to make money...then they changed the rules so buyers could leave negative feedback but sellers cant? wtf? i have gotten excellent deals off ebay and outta over 500 transactions....i have gotten flat out ripped off maybe twice...now with facebook setting up local yard sales sites...i rarely use ebay...i am very careful on amazon read all the reviews

I totally agree on Amazon. I used them for years and had very few problems...until the last year or so.
#1) They joined with the Postal Service and package delivery became unreliable. Due to theft problems I need to know for sure the day it arrives, now it just says "3-5" days. And Amazon does not provide a way to only use UPS.
#2) And more importantly, their sellers have went down hill in a hurry. You really have to pay close attention to reviews, and even then products are still misrepresented and extremely cheap if you don't watch out. There is no way that a number of the reviews are not fake.

So I have very much slowed down online buying overall. My ebay account was hacked, and my balance from PayPal was stolen. Depite repeatedly trying to get it resolved with PayPal - they did not refund the money. So I will never use either again.

I sell on ebay and I wonder how someone would scam a tracking number? Being you have so many feedbacks, you know to check the persons feedback first.
And I never buy from china..
I have had people lie, so you have to take it back.. but mostly it has been a good experience.

Forum List

Back