Something You Wish You Were Better At

For me, it's remembering names, not a great weakness in a teacher. ;)

I have a wonderful kid in 7th grade, Adam. He is very nice, smart, generous, and helpful. His older brother, Dan, not so much so. Dan was my student a couple years ago, guess what name I keep calling Adam? You should see his momentary scowl when I do so, then he laughs. I really like Adam! :laugh:

He has a wicked sense of humor though, he seems to intuit my antipathy for the art teacher, so he'll say, "That's ok, Ms. XXX it happens to everyone."

Don't beat yourself up over this. I went K-12 being called by my older brother's name. I eventually accepted it and started answering to it.

Remembering names and making small talk/conversation.

me too.....i use dude a lot and i always ask people lots of questions about themselves like i am interviewing them....what do you do? telll me more about that? people love to talk about themselves.

Remembering names and making small talk/conversation.

I think I have a mental block where names are concerned. I've even tried that trick of saying the persons name in my head a few times after they introduce themselves. My husband and daugher remember everyones first and last name and the name of their dog, it's discuraging!!

I think I have a mental block where names are concerned. I've even tried that trick of saying the persons name in my head a few times after they introduce themselves. My husband and daugher remember everyones first and last name and the name of their dog, it's discuraging!!

You know, Trigg, I've found that saying their names out loud a few times in the normal course of converstation helps me remember people's names. Or typing them. Cause, you know, Trigg, repitition is the way we learn such things.

:)

Forum List

Back