Something we all need to remember...

My son, as some of you know, is in the Army. Right now training in Psy Ops....i'm so very proud of him. He loves the Lord with all his heart and isn't afraid to say so. During this election, we've seen people at eachother's throats. It seems it's ALL about the party....not what is really right for us. My son made this statement today on Facebook....and it's something we all need to remember!

Regardless of your party affiliation, when we lose focus of who should be the leader of our lives, nation and world, it will all fall apart regardless. I serve a king bigger than any man ruling on this earth.

He has never been into politics.....in fact he thought i was exaggerating when back in 2008 i was so against Obama. 2 weeks ago when he was home on leave, he said "Obama has to go".

Can anyone else see this? We don't always know what God's plan is....but as Christians we know that if we turn our backs on what's right and what God has instructed us to do, and what could happen if we don't abide by His laws, we should not be surprised by what happens as a result.

God doesn't exist, so it doesn't give a shit about US politics.

She claims to be a holy roller BUT if you read any of her posts you will see that she is anything but ;)

I never said i was a "holy roller"....i believe in God, but i'm far from being perfect, and He doesn't expect me to be. Christians are NOT perfect people, we have the same problems you do, we have the same kind of sins you do. I don't expect you to understand that.

Dragging GOD's name into this election is shameful.

Denying His influence in it, failing to be grateful for his blessings, or acknowledging Him in all things is shameful.

Calling upon Him, praising Him, and acknowledging His hand in events is not. Nor will it ever be.

How do we, as Christians....or people of other faiths.....

Reconcile the fact that we are supposed to live in a free society and our respective religions?

The idea of legislating morality and making it the law of the land leaves people who don't share the same beliefs out on an island. The idea of just having a "free for all" is the equivalent of anarchy.

I struggle with this concept all the time. Just wondering what you all think.

Reconcile the fact that we are supposed to live in a free society and our respective religions?

The idea of legislating morality and making it the law of the land leaves people who don't share the same beliefs out on an island. The idea of just having a "free for all" is the equivalent of anarchy.

America - the home of the brave and land of the free.
We are free, because of the brave.
But we aren't FREE to just do whatever we want. If there were no laws, could you imagine what our country would be like??

I understand many people don't believe in a God. That's their choice. But those people try to dictate what we believers should believe! Just like they accuse Christians of this, they do the same thing and sometimes they're even more adamant about it. Some people think they should be able to do ANYTHING they want. That doesn't mean it's good for them or our country.

Truthfully, i really don't care what gays do. If that's the life they want to live, go for it. My belief it's between them and God. But because i don't believe in it, i won't support it.
The morals in this country has gone down the drain....it's like that old saying "If it feels good...do it!". But don't expect me to support you.

Same with abortion...if that's your choice...go for it. It's between you and God. But don't expect me to support your decision because i believe it's murder.

We will NEVER get to a point where there's peace, even here in America. The ONLY time that will happen is when Jesus comes back. There is nothing i can do, you can do, or our government can do to make this country peaceful and make everyone happy. God knows this, He knew from the beginning what was going to happen. He said in end days Good will be considered evil and evil will be considered good. So, there's not a thing any of us can do to change that...and you have to admit, that's the way it is now.

I think it's completely wrong for a Christian to tell someone they're going to hell because of what they believe and do. None of us are perfect and God doesn't expect us to be. But we need to work at being the best person we can and live a good life. I also think it's completely wrong for a non-believer to hate us because of our beliefs, but we were told that would happen. Non-believers constantly tell us how wrong we are, they try their hardest to convince us there is no God. They're wasting their breath. We are supposed to spread the word of God. So if asked, i will tell them what I believe. Then i get bashed for believing something different than they do. We'll never win! :)

Last edited:

But we aren't FREE to just do whatever we want. If there were no laws, could you imagine what our country would be like??

I understand many people don't believe in a God. That's their choice. But those people try to dictate what we believers should believe! Just like they accuse Christians of this, they do the same thing and sometimes they're even more adamant about it. Some people think they should be able to do ANYTHING they want. That doesn't mean it's good for them or our country.

Truthfully, i really don't care what gays do. If that's the life they want to live, go for it. My belief it's between them and God. But because i don't believe in it, i won't support it.
The morals in this country has gone down the drain....it's like that old saying "If it feels good...do it!". But don't expect me to support you.

Same with abortion...if that's your choice...go for it. It's between you and God. But don't expect me to support your decision because i believe it's murder.

We will NEVER get to a point where there's peace, even here in America. The ONLY time that will happen is when Jesus comes back. There is nothing i can do, you can do, or our government can do to make this country peaceful and make everyone happy. God knows this, He knew from the beginning what was going to happen. He said in end days Good will be considered evil and evil will be considered good. So, there's not a thing any of us can do to change that...and you have to admit, that's the way it is now.

I think it's completely wrong for a Christian to tell someone they're going to hell because of what they believe and do. None of us are perfect and God doesn't expect us to be. But we need to work at being the best person we can and live a good life. I also think it's completely wrong for a non-believer to hate us because of our beliefs, but we were told that would happen. Non-believers constantly tell us how wrong we are, they try their hardest to convince us there is no God. They're wasting their breath. We are supposed to spread the word of God. So if asked, i will tell them what I believe. Then i get bashed for believing something different than they do. We'll never win! :)

Oh.....I agree with you especially the part of "if that's what you want to do, fine. But, don't expect me to say it's right." I know you used the word "support", but that could have multiple meanings. From my perspective, it's the way I wrote it....I don't agree with it, but if that's what a person wants, I won't stand in their way.....especially when it comes to sins like the two you mentioned....abortion and homosexuality. Those types of sins are between the individual and God.

As far as making everyone happy....I never said that....just have the right for people to live the way they choose. I agree about the declining morals of the country...but look at the crap that's on TV geared to young minds...The Jersey Shores and whatnot.....the paradox is that if you ban that stuff, then your censoring....which once again, goes against the concept of a free society.

You mention that non-believers shouldn't dictate what we believe....but should we dictate what they believe? Should we really make laws that reflect our beliefs but not theirs?

I don't know....like I said, I struggle with this. I know what's right and wrong and I try to live my life according to my Christian beliefs.....but I don't think I should be able to give unsolicited advice on these topics, let alone make laws that tell them what they are allowed to do or who they are allowed to love.

No one will convince me to not believe in God...so what they say isn't an issue for me. Oh....we'll win....even looking at it in a pragmatic way.....if they're right and there is(hypothetically) no God....what happens after we draw our last breath?.......Nothing....it's a wash and we are worm food....no one wins. If we are right, and there is a God.....well let's just say that I hope he is forgiving....because the alternative breaks my heart to think about. I know lots of good people who don't believe....they are decent, moral people who do good in the world....They don't deserve a horrific eternity.

Oh.....I agree with you especially the part of "if that's what you want to do, fine. But, don't expect me to say it's right." I know you used the word "support", but that could have multiple meanings. From my perspective, it's the way I wrote it....I don't agree with it, but if that's what a person wants, I won't stand in their way.....especially when it comes to sins like the two you mentioned....abortion and homosexuality. Those types of sins are between the individual and God.

As far as making everyone happy....I never said that....just have the right for people to live the way they choose. I agree about the declining morals of the country...but look at the crap that's on TV geared to young minds...The Jersey Shores and whatnot.....the paradox is that if you ban that stuff, then your censoring....which once again, goes against the concept of a free society.

You mention that non-believers shouldn't dictate what we believe....but should we dictate what they believe? Should we really make laws that reflect our beliefs but not theirs?

I don't know....like I said, I struggle with this. I know what's right and wrong and I try to live my life according to my Christian beliefs.....but I don't think I should be able to give unsolicited advice on these topics, let alone make laws that tell them what they are allowed to do or who they are allowed to love.

No one will convince me to not believe in God...so what they say isn't an issue for me. Oh....we'll win....even looking at it in a pragmatic way.....if they're right and there is(hypothetically) no God....what happens after we draw our last breath?.......Nothing....it's a wash and we are worm food....no one wins. If we are right, and there is a God.....well let's just say that I hope he is forgiving....because the alternative breaks my heart to think about. I know lots of good people who don't believe....they are decent, moral people who do good in the world....They don't deserve a horrific eternity.

I know YOU didn't say anything about making everyone happy...it was just a figure of speech.. :) I also agree on the crap on TV now...just about every day my jaw drops to the flow because of what i see advertised, or what is being shown on "prime time" tv when small kids are still awake. And there's so many parents that don't care if their kids are around this stuff. But not enough people care.

And no, we should not dictate what non-believers believe. we should not make laws based on just our beliefs. But laws need to be moral laws and what is right. I believe those morals come from God. (but we don't have to tell them that! :) )

I think the same way about when we die. I've told people many times that my belief when i die i will be with my Lord. I would much rather believe what i believe, that when i die i will be in heaven, than think there is nothing at all, we're just gonners. Like you, if i die and find myself in heaven, Thank God! If i don't.....i probably won't care because I don't exist anymore. :)

Ya....there are so many great people that would do anything in the world for others. They don't believe in God. I also wonder what happens? I can't believe that God would send them to Hell. My parents were wonderful...not an evil bone in their bodies, but they didn't believe. I can't fathom them not there waiting for me.........

I know YOU didn't say anything about making everyone happy...it was just a figure of speech.. :) I also agree on the crap on TV now...just about every day my jaw drops to the flow because of what i see advertised, or what is being shown on "prime time" tv when small kids are still awake. And there's so many parents that don't care if their kids are around this stuff. But not enough people care.

And no, we should not dictate what non-believers believe. we should not make laws based on just our beliefs. But laws need to be moral laws and what is right. I believe those morals come from God. (but we don't have to tell them that! :) )

I think the same way about when we die. I've told people many times that my belief when i die i will be with my Lord. I would much rather believe what i believe, that when i die i will be in heaven, than think there is nothing at all, we're just gonners. Like you, if i die and find myself in heaven, Thank God! If i don't.....i probably won't care because I don't exist anymore. :)

Ya....there are so many great people that would do anything in the world for others. They don't believe in God. I also wonder what happens? I can't believe that God would send them to Hell. My parents were wonderful...not an evil bone in their bodies, but they didn't believe. I can't fathom them not there waiting for me.........

Well....as far as TV goes....I'm not necessarily without sin. There's some Cable/Satellite dramas that I really like...they are on late and I get up at 4AM, so I usually DVR them....Shows like Breaking Bad, Sons of Anarchy, and now American Horror Story....they all deal with darker subjects and can get quite racy and violent....but I know they're fictional and I would never view them in the presence of kids. Fortunately, my kids are grown. Oh yeah...on Stars there's a series....Spartacus.....Big fan of that too.....although that one disturbs me sometimes...but the storyline and acting is so good that I get past it.

Just out of curiosity....do you ever watch "Long Island Medium"? It seems....if she's not a fake....I'm kind of a curious skeptic.....as though whatever happens after we die is a place of peace. Perhaps God is more forgiving than what we think....She's "connected" with people who have committed suicide, died from drug overdoses, drunken car accidents, etc....in cases like those....She says basically the same thing....that they take responsibility for their own deaths, that they're learning things and understand things a lot better now....and most importantly, they are at peace and with God. There was even a couple episodes where she connected with a family member and she saw them holding a baby....she asked about the baby to the person she was reading and asked if it was a terminated pregnancy(nice way of saying abortion) and they admitted that yes, it was....and she'd inform them that the baby is safe with her family member.

She supposedly does all of this blind, she doesn't know anything about these people...you really don't know what happens when the camera isn't rolling, so like I said....I'm skeptically.

I know..i watch shows that probably aren't the best....but they're interesting! I don't think there's anything wrong with it either. We're adults :)
I've heard of the Long Island Medium, but i dont think i've seen it. My kids are ALL into the ghost hunter shows. I do think there are spirits around. I also believe in Angels...i just have never seen anything like that. My kids have seen things...my daughter swears my mom (her grandma) visiting her after her death.

I know..i watch shows that probably aren't the best....but they're interesting! I don't think there's anything wrong with it either. We're adults :)
I've heard of the Long Island Medium, but i dont think i've seen it. My kids are ALL into the ghost hunter shows. I do think there are spirits around. I also believe in Angels...i just have never seen anything like that. My kids have seen things...my daughter swears my mom (her grandma) visiting her after her death.

Yeah...the paranormal stuff is a guilty pleasure for me too. Funny you should mention your daughter. My stepson had the same experience. It was before my wife and I were together. My wife's grandmother had recently passed and the boy was around 6. He was sleeping at my in-laws' house and came out of the room crying and told my Mother in Law that his great grandmother was in his room talking to him.

Check out Long Island Medium....it's on Sunday nights on TLC. It's always very touching and positive...it's about the only "reality" show I watch.

This would have been a nice post if you kept politics out of it.

I sincerely doubt that God gives a shit about who people vote for.

if you don't think God cares who is leading His children, then you've imagined up yourself a God who doesn't care about His children.

God does care about His people.

Look around the world, and it would appear to be just the opposite. God seems to give less than two shits for his people.

I've seen it before.
It's Gandhi's "opinion". Not necessarily fact.

How am i supposed to act? Do you know? Heck, i don't even know for sure! But i do know that God sees what's in our hearts, He know the reason we do things we do and He doesn't expect us to be perfect. I'm not perfect. Neither was Gandhi.

Ooooooh..oooooh......oooh(hand up and waving madly)....pick me.....pick me......I know how your supposed to act.....I know how you are supposed to act.:eusa_silenced:

Yeah...the paranormal stuff is a guilty pleasure for me too. Funny you should mention your daughter. My stepson had the same experience. It was before my wife and I were together. My wife's grandmother had recently passed and the boy was around 6. He was sleeping at my in-laws' house and came out of the room crying and told my Mother in Law that his great grandmother was in his room talking to him.

Check out Long Island Medium....it's on Sunday nights on TLC. It's always very touching and positive...it's about the only "reality" show I watch.

My wife watches those paranormal shows, and my problem with those shows is that they never ask any important questions. Why not ask....Why aren't you in heaven? Is there a heaven? Have you seen God or his angels?

No what we get is....How old are you? What's your name? can you make my device light up?

Those shows in my opinion are all BS.

My wife watches those paranormal shows, and my problem with those shows is that they never ask any important questions. Why not ask....Why aren't you in heaven? Is there a heaven? Have you seen God or his angels?

No what we get is....How old are you? What's your name? can you make my device light up?

Those shows in my opinion are all BS.

I don't doubt that there's spirits or SOMETHING out there that some people can interact with....I've just never seen anything. Those ghost shows are kinda fun to watch, and sometimes something happens that makes you go "WHOA"! And i know several people that have seen things and they aren't the types to just make it up. So, really don't know! But you're right...i wonder why they don't ask questions like that??

probably get yanked off the air for asking questions like that. I'm sure some church somewhere would get offended. It would turn into an anti-christian thing, as christians tend to have very thin skin and see most things as anti-christian. Not as thin skinned as muslims but in the same ball park.

Forum List

Back