Something we all need to remember...

Caroljo

Gold Member
Jun 2, 2009
Michigan
My son, as some of you know, is in the Army. Right now training in Psy Ops....i'm so very proud of him. He loves the Lord with all his heart and isn't afraid to say so. During this election, we've seen people at eachother's throats. It seems it's ALL about the party....not what is really right for us. My son made this statement today on Facebook....and it's something we all need to remember!

Regardless of your party affiliation, when we lose focus of who should be the leader of our lives, nation and world, it will all fall apart regardless. I serve a king bigger than any man ruling on this earth.

He has never been into politics.....in fact he thought i was exaggerating when back in 2008 i was so against Obama. 2 weeks ago when he was home on leave, he said "Obama has to go".

Can anyone else see this? We don't always know what God's plan is....but as Christians we know that if we turn our backs on what's right and what God has instructed us to do, and what could happen if we don't abide by His laws, we should not be surprised by what happens as a result.

I completely agree. It's interesting, because the last week I've been seeing Lincoln's call for a day of humiliation fasting and prayer in alot of areas i hang out.

And Whereas, it is the duty of nations, as well as of men, to owe their dependence upon the overruling power of God, to confess their sins and transgressions, in humble sorrow, yet with assured hope that genuine repentance will lead to mercy and pardon, and to recognize the sublime truth announced in the Holy Scriptures and proven by all history, that those nations only are blessed whose God is the Lord.

And, insomuch as we know that, by His Divine law, nations like individuals are subjected to punishments and chastisements in this world, may we not justly fear that the awful calamity of civil war, which now desolates the land, may be but a punishment inflicted upon us for our presumptuous sins, to the needful end of our national reformation as a whole People. We have been the recipients of the choicest bounties of Heaven. We have been preserved, these many years, in peace and prosperity. We have grown in numbers, wealth, and power as no other nation has ever grown.

But we have forgotten God.

We have forgotten the gracious hand which preserved us in peace, and multiplied and enriched and strengthened us; and have vainly imagined, in the deceitfulness of our hearts, that all these blessings were produced by some superior wisdom and virtue of our own. Intoxicated with unbroken success, we have become too self-sufficient to feel the necessity of redeeming and preserving grace, too proud to pray to the God that made us!

It behooves us, then, to humble ourselves before the offended Power, to confess our national sins, and to pray for clemency and forgiveness.

"Proclamation for National Day of Humiliation, Fasting, and Prayer" by Pres. Abraham Lincoln

God is our ruler. And for too long the people have been wicked and ignored our duties to God, ourselves, our families, and our communities. It's time to change that.

At the Constitutional Convention Ben Franklin stated:

I have lived, Sir, a long time and the longer I live, the more convincing proofs I see of this truth -- that God governs in the affairs of men. And if a sparrow cannot fall to the ground without his notice, is it probable that an empire can rise without his aid? We have been assured, Sir, in the sacred writings that "except the Lord build they labor in vain that build it." I firmly believe this; and I also believe that without his concurring aid we shall succeed in this political building no better than the Builders of Babel: We shall be divided by our little partial local interests; our projects will be confounded, and we ourselves shall be become a reproach and a bye word down to future age. And what is worse, mankind may hereafter this unfortunate instance, despair of establishing Governments by Human Wisdom, and leave it to chance, war, and conquest.

I hope we all remember that

I completely agree. It's interesting, because the last week I've been seeing Lincoln's call for a day of humiliation fasting and prayer in alot of areas i hang out.

And Whereas, it is the duty of nations, as well as of men, to owe their dependence upon the overruling power of God, to confess their sins and transgressions, in humble sorrow, yet with assured hope that genuine repentance will lead to mercy and pardon, and to recognize the sublime truth announced in the Holy Scriptures and proven by all history, that those nations only are blessed whose God is the Lord.

And, insomuch as we know that, by His Divine law, nations like individuals are subjected to punishments and chastisements in this world, may we not justly fear that the awful calamity of civil war, which now desolates the land, may be but a punishment inflicted upon us for our presumptuous sins, to the needful end of our national reformation as a whole People. We have been the recipients of the choicest bounties of Heaven. We have been preserved, these many years, in peace and prosperity. We have grown in numbers, wealth, and power as no other nation has ever grown.

But we have forgotten God.

We have forgotten the gracious hand which preserved us in peace, and multiplied and enriched and strengthened us; and have vainly imagined, in the deceitfulness of our hearts, that all these blessings were produced by some superior wisdom and virtue of our own. Intoxicated with unbroken success, we have become too self-sufficient to feel the necessity of redeeming and preserving grace, too proud to pray to the God that made us!

It behooves us, then, to humble ourselves before the offended Power, to confess our national sins, and to pray for clemency and forgiveness.

"Proclamation for National Day of Humiliation, Fasting, and Prayer" by Pres. Abraham Lincoln

God is our ruler. And for too long the people have been wicked and ignored our duties to God, ourselves, our families, and our communities. It's time to change that.

At the Constitutional Convention Ben Franklin stated:

I have lived, Sir, a long time and the longer I live, the more convincing proofs I see of this truth -- that God governs in the affairs of men. And if a sparrow cannot fall to the ground without his notice, is it probable that an empire can rise without his aid? We have been assured, Sir, in the sacred writings that "except the Lord build they labor in vain that build it." I firmly believe this; and I also believe that without his concurring aid we shall succeed in this political building no better than the Builders of Babel: We shall be divided by our little partial local interests; our projects will be confounded, and we ourselves shall be become a reproach and a bye word down to future age. And what is worse, mankind may hereafter this unfortunate instance, despair of establishing Governments by Human Wisdom, and leave it to chance, war, and conquest.

I hope we all remember that

I have to pass on more rep before i can give you more! Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What can I say? You're son is right. And some of the greatest leaders of our nation agree with him:)

My son, as some of you know, is in the Army. Right now training in Psy Ops....i'm so very proud of him. He loves the Lord with all his heart and isn't afraid to say so. During this election, we've seen people at eachother's throats. It seems it's ALL about the party....not what is really right for us. My son made this statement today on Facebook....and it's something we all need to remember!

Regardless of your party affiliation, when we lose focus of who should be the leader of our lives, nation and world, it will all fall apart regardless. I serve a king bigger than any man ruling on this earth.

He has never been into politics.....in fact he thought i was exaggerating when back in 2008 i was so against Obama. 2 weeks ago when he was home on leave, he said "Obama has to go".

Can anyone else see this? We don't always know what God's plan is....but as Christians we know that if we turn our backs on what's right and what God has instructed us to do, and what could happen if we don't abide by His laws, we should not be surprised by what happens as a result.

So, God says vote for Romney?

Ask Him yourself. He often let's us make our own decisions though.

Ask Him yourself. He often let's us make our own decisions though.

He told me we should all vote for Gary Johnson. Maybe you misheard? He was pretty adamant about it.

God says, "Vote for Rmoney!"?

If you're hearing that, you need to change wireless services.

Not Democrats.

Not Republicans.

Other! Vote Other!

How can anyone believe these two parties? They have only lied, stolen and engaged in illegal and immoral wars for decades.

Thank you ....
I will ask him, but i doubt it....i'm sure that's something he would have mentioned! He's very involved with his church on the base. :)

No....he's just saying don't lose focus on WHO we really serve. It's not man.

He gave us free will, so we can actually do ANYTHING we want....but we have to also know that whatever our choices are, is it really the right thing to do?

And a Christian will not care if they offend someone because of their belief.
Obama has proven he'll throw God under the bus just to not offend Muslims.
He'll apologize to Muslims if a video offends them.
How many times has he apologized to Christians? Or spoke out FOR Christians? But he does it with muslims quite often. Obama is NO Christian.

I don't pick a president because of their religious beliefs. I would vote for an athiest if that person is proven to be honest and wants what's best for us and treats everyone equally. Obama is not the man...

too bad this thread which i thought would be about simply remembering service men and women of course is just another political thread exploiting them for political purposes.....like romney did the navy seal

No....he's just saying don't lose focus on WHO we really serve. It's not man.

He gave us free will, so we can actually do ANYTHING we want....but we have to also know that whatever our choices are, is it really the right thing to do?

And a Christian will not care if they offend someone because of their belief.
Obama has proven he'll throw God under the bus just to not offend Muslims.
He'll apologize to Muslims if a video offends them.
How many times has he apologized to Christians? Or spoke out FOR Christians? But he does it with muslims quite often. Obama is NO Christian.

I don't pick a president because of their religious beliefs. I would vote for an athiest if that person is proven to be honest and wants what's best for us and treats everyone equally. Obama is not the man...

Fair enough. Apart from my objections to the first comment, this all makes sense to me. In fact, if I swap out "principle", or "virtue", for "God" - I agree with it mostly.

What bothers me is that so many of the people who will voice this conviction will turn around and vote for Romney, which seems deeply hypocritical to me.

I don't know where you're getting the "exploiting" crap....but that's not what this is.
Because my son happens to be in the military, he doesn't speak for all of them.

Any comments after what i copied what he said, are MY comments, and just because my son happens to be in the military has nothing to do with it. If you didn't like the content, you didn't need to respond.

That's your problem. Like i'd said, i don't vote for someone just because they're a Christian. But it seems you won't vote for someone if they are. That's not the right way to look at it. A religious affiliation does not mean a person cannot do the job. But it looks to me like no matter how good the person is, if they're Christian, then you wouldn't even consider them. You could be really losing out and making a wrong decision for the country.

Forum List

Back