Something to THRILL USMB Republicans: Trump fires entire HIV/AIDS Council

President Trump fires council advising on HIV/AIDS

Several members slammed Trump's planned American Health Care Act (AHCA), saying it would leave many of the 1.1 million Americans with HIV/AIDS without access to proper treatment. AHCA failed to pass in Congress this year, despite several attempts.

Trump has sought to make $150 million in cuts to HIV/AIDS programs in the 2018 fiscal year budget, as well as deep cuts to global projects to fight AIDS and other diseases, Newsweek reported.

The health agency estimates that some 162,500 people (15% of all those living with the condition) are unaware that they are HIV positive.

-------------------------------

Republicans have wanted those Americans to die for a long time. They must be really excited.

XXXX -- Mod Edit -- ONE topic per OP.. Not Two..
You progressives pay for then. Lol

Maybe wealthy liberals will step up and donate $150 million to fund it? :laugh:

They would have to pay themselves?

Then it's not going to happen.

We never needed a council on HIV AIDS to begin with. It helped no one, provided no treatment, distributed no medication. It was a political program.

Begone.

I guess liberals believe that once a government agency is put in place it should stay in place forever whether it is still needed or not...

It's called cutting waste....
Cutting waste?
Like the Sec of the Interior flying a National Parks head 3,000 miles to scold him for tweeting about scientific data of climate change?
That type of waste?

Like Scott Pruitt hiring a disgraced banker to run all the Superfund sites ???
And then when subpoenaed to show the progress he made after 11 months on the job.... he admitted he hadn't done a god damn thing.
Trump administration is the most wasteful one I've seen in40 years.

Cutting waste?
Like the Sec of the Interior flying a National Parks head 3,000 miles to scold him for tweeting about scientific data of climate change?
That type of waste?

And then when subpoenaed to show the progress he made after 11 months on the job.... he admitted he hadn't done a god damn thing.
Trump administration is the most wasteful one I've seen in40 years
If a government agency has outlived their usefulness why keep it? just to make you happy?

Anything that helps people.... CHIP, Planned Parenthood, AIDS Counsel etc. Trump will stonewall or get rid of.

November 2018 can't come soon enough.

Cutting waste?
That type of waste?

Trump administration is the most wasteful one I've seen in40 years
If a government agency has outlived their usefulness why keep it? just to make you happy?
Who's going to decide it " outlived it's usefulness?" You? Trump?
Ha!
His whole administration is a waste. Will he disban it?
I see you couldn't address my examples of trump waste.
Figures.

Why is the federal government involved in this at all? Isn’t this what charities are for?

Who's going to decide it " outlived it's usefulness?" You? Trump?
Ha!
His whole administration is a waste. Will he disban it?
I see you couldn't address my examples of trump waste.
Figures.
Even some democrats ran on ending the agency... I think we all know what AIDS is...

President Trump fires council advising on HIV/AIDS

Several members slammed Trump's planned American Health Care Act (AHCA), saying it would leave many of the 1.1 million Americans with HIV/AIDS without access to proper treatment. AHCA failed to pass in Congress this year, despite several attempts.

Trump has sought to make $150 million in cuts to HIV/AIDS programs in the 2018 fiscal year budget, as well as deep cuts to global projects to fight AIDS and other diseases, Newsweek reported.

The health agency estimates that some 162,500 people (15% of all those living with the condition) are unaware that they are HIV positive.

-------------------------------

Republicans have wanted those Americans to die for a long time. They must be really excited.

XXXX -- Mod Edit -- ONE topic per OP.. Not Two..

As usual, you've taken a tidbit of information, barely a complete thought, and you're making your typical sky is falling predictions without any real idea of what you're talking about. Here's some questions that you need to answer to have an understanding of what's actually happening here, and the article you've listed makes no attempt at answering any of them:

How impactful has the council been in recent years? I'm sure that the treatment of an infectious disease is extremely complex, but how much does federal action toward the HIV epidemic change from year to year? Is the council constantly putting forward information that frequently rights the ship, or during the decline in HIV rates in recent years, has the federal effort to fight HIV been relatively static?

Who were the members of the council? Doctors, obviously, but were they diligent in their duties as council members? Had they been exercising good judgement and accountability? Was their expertise in regards to the HIV epidemic such that they would be irreplaceable?

For that matter, WHY was the council fired? And I'm not asking you to answer based on your hunch that Trump is the devil, I'm asking if you actually KNOW the answer to this question.

Does the president/administration have plans to replace the council? If not to appoint a new council, do they have experts in mind to advise them in the future as necessary? If so, how does the expertise of these future advisors compare to the expertise of those who were on the council? How does their personal proficiency and integrity compare to the council members'? Again, not asking for your hunch, asking if you KNOW.

In terms of the cuts, how much does the federal government spend on HIV/AIDS treatments, now? How much of that is wasteful spending that could theoretically be trimmed away without infected people losing access to treatments? What's the real world cost of treatment for any given individual and how does the money spent break down?

Essentially, Chicken Little, you have one tiny fragment of a story and you're using it to say that everybody who disagrees with your politics wants to murder the sick. If you're too dumb to realize that you don't actually know what's going on here, then you're probably WAY too dumb to try and infer the motives of people with whom you refuse to empathize. Stop trying to play mind reader.

Genius thinks the least productive congress in American history will win in November. Lol
Least productive just got us a tax cut and has the economy humming like we haven't seen it in years...oh yeah I can't wait to watch your head explode....

Genius thinks the least productive congress in American history will win in November. Lol
Least productive just got us a tax cut and has the economy humming like we haven't seen it in years...oh yeah I can't wait to watch your head explode....
The Obama economy was already humming. Giving a huge tax cut for the rich now is like giving Lebron James CPR.

Funny you think one legislative accomplishment in one long year is a huge success.
Especially since Americans think it's the worst bill in 40 years.

Obamahad 8 legislative accomplishments in his first 2 months in comparison.
Ha!

Forum List

Back