Something to Consider

Wingsofwind

Nov 2, 2010
Something to Consider when looking at statistics dealing with race:

The FBI and Census consider Hispanics and Arabs as 'White'. However, the FBI will classify them as White in offenders but separately in victims. This would mean that the White crime numbers are really skewed.

Why would the FBI do this?

The FBI and Census consider Hispanics and Arabs as 'White'. However, the FBI will classify them as White in offenders but separately in victims. This would mean that the White crime numbers are really skewed.

If that's true that is a most troubling fact, WoW.

The census does break down ethnicity. But I do hope you don't believe that the "white race" consists only people of 100% Nordic lineage. After all, Italians, and even Native Americans can be as dark as Arabs.

That said, I don't think you've done any serious research on this, because ethnic demographics and crime are most definitely more tightly defined than just blacks and whites, which you'll see here. And if you don't trust Wikipedia, pull up the various sources it uses, such as the Census Reports and law enforcement data reporting, footnoted therein.

Race and crime in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The census does break down ethnicity. But I do hope you don't believe that the "white race" consists only people of 100% Nordic lineage. After all, Italians, and even Native Americans can be as dark as Arabs.

That said, I don't think you've done any serious research on this, because ethnic demographics and crime are most definitely more tightly defined than just blacks and whites, which you'll see here. And if you don't trust Wikipedia, pull up the various sources it uses, such as the Census Reports and law enforcement data reporting, footnoted therein.

First off, I never said that ethnic demographics and crime were only between Black and White. My point was to show that when using statistics to prove a point you need to consider that in some parts of the statistics the race 'White' also includes what most do not consider 'White'.

And the Census has instructed Hispanics and others to put down 'White' as their race. I even got an e-mail telling me if I am Hispanic to put down 'White'. I have deleted that e-mail thinking I would not need it, now I wish I didn't.

Here is a chart from the FBI site Table 5 - Hate Crime Statistics 2009 that shows only the race NOT ethnicity of the 'Hate crime' offenders but includes the ethnicity of the victims.

HateCrimeByRace1-1.jpg

Also in the percentage of crime committed, under 'race' it shows a large difference in Anti-Black to Anti-White crimes. This includes crimes committed on Blacks from Hispanics. However it also shows a big percentage of crimes committed on Hispanices under Ethnic Victims. Note that it does not inclued victims of any other 'ethnicity' that would inclued anyone else that would be 'White'.

Victims of Race:

71.4 Anti-Black
17.1 Anti-White (of which inclueds Hispanics and others)

Victims of Ethnic:

62.3 Anti-Hispanic (of which only inclueds Hispanics)

37.7 Anti-other ethnicity/national origin bias.

Incidents and Offenses - Hate Crime Statistics, 2009

Last edited:
did someone already point out that having hispanics as a victim classification but lumping hispanic offenders in with whites makes the crime rates look better? more white offenders and less white victims lowers the still wide disparity between white, hispanic and black rates. of course asians are a fraction of the white rate even if the whole hispanic thing was sorted out.

did someone already point out that having hispanics as a victim classification but lumping hispanic offenders in with whites makes the crime rates look better? more white offenders and less white victims lowers the still wide disparity between white, hispanic and black rates. of course asians are a fraction of the white rate even if the whole hispanic thing was sorted out.

This is an important point... Hispanics look "double good" and whites look "double bad"...

There's obvious anti-white bias there, but then, I get so tired of tracking anti-white bias...

First off, I never said that ethnic demographics and crime were only between Black and White. My point was to show that when using statistics to prove a point you need to consider that in some parts of the statistics the race 'White' also includes what most do not consider 'White'.

And the Census has instructed Hispanics and others to put down 'White' as their race. I even got an e-mail telling me if I am Hispanic to put down 'White'. I have deleted that e-mail thinking I would not need it, now I wish I didn't.

Here is a chart from the FBI site Table 5 - Hate Crime Statistics 2009 that shows only the race NOT ethnicity of the 'Hate crime' offenders but includes the ethnicity of the victims.

HateCrimeByRace1-1.jpg

Also in the percentage of crime committed, under 'race' it shows a large difference in Anti-Black to Anti-White crimes. This includes crimes committed on Blacks from Hispanics. However it also shows a big percentage of crimes committed on Hispanices under Ethnic Victims. Note that it does not inclued victims of any other 'ethnicity' that would inclued anyone else that would be 'White'.

Victims of Race:

71.4 Anti-Black
17.1 Anti-White (of which inclueds Hispanics and others)

Victims of Ethnic:

62.3 Anti-Hispanic (of which only inclueds Hispanics)

37.7 Anti-other ethnicity/national origin bias.

Incidents and Offenses - Hate Crime Statistics, 2009

Although I'm still not getting your point (well, yes, I do and it isn't pretty), the Census questionnaire last year most definitely required a more definitive classification than WHITE. Of course it presumed people could actually read.

http://www.census.gov/acs/www/Downloads/questionnaires/2010/Quest10.pdf

This is an important point... Hispanics look "double good" and whites look "double bad"...

There's obvious anti-white bias there, but then, I get so tired of tracking anti-white bias...

If there was any intention of manipulating the stats to make whites look "bad," the statistics for prison population would also be skewed NOT to show that two-thirds of prison inmates are black or Hispanic.

What a bunch of racist crap here.

Since when are native americans part of the White race?

Last edited by a moderator:

If there was any intention of manipulating the stats to make whites look "bad," the statistics for prison population would also be skewed NOT to show that two-thirds of prison inmates are black or Hispanic.

What a bunch of racist crap here.

The reason they do not show Hispanics as part of the 'White' population in prison is to use it to get grants for them and not other Whites. The Libs. use it to say that Hispanics are a minority and live in poverty. They tend to brake the law more than other Whites do in order to 'survive'. They don't want anyone thinking Whites live in poverty, otherwise Whites wouldn't look like the 'evil White rulers' that they try to make us look like.

And how is it 'racist crap' when it is TRUTH? Or maybe it is racist crap because it is what our country is doing? Oh, wait, you don't think our country can be racist against the White population. Only the White population can be racist, right?

Last edited:
Although I'm still not getting your point (well, yes, I do and it isn't pretty), the Census questionnaire last year most definitely required a more definitive classification than WHITE. Of course it presumed people could actually read.

http://www.census.gov/acs/www/Downloads/questionnaires/2010/Quest10.pdf

Yes, last year it did ask for a more defined answer. However, many were told to mark 'White' if they were not sure. Why not tell them to mark 'Other' and put down 'mixed' instead. Wouldn't that have been more accurate than 'White'?

Not to derail the thread, and I don't have anything of substance to add, but I love that scene! Made the movie. Completely hilarious :)

I don't know, JB; I could have sworn that "Native American" was a separate category on the census form.

Our nation is still a snakepit of racism.

Sometimes its overt racism, more usually its crypto-racism.

I don't know, JB; I could have sworn that "Native American" was a separate category on the census form.

Except that you were specifically trying to say that law enforcement doesn't distinguish other than between blacks and whites. I presume you mean at the time of arrest. There are Native Americans who appear more black than white, in which case (assuming what you allege actually happens in great enough numbers to even matter), an arresting officer is more apt to check the box that says "black."

Forum List

Back