Something the left can cheer that Trump did. . .

MisterBeale

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Sep 16, 2012
Not everything thing the President does is necessarily awful.

I am positive, there is absolutely nothing the left can criticize him for signing this bill. . . Nor the right can criticize the left for co-sponsoring.

Did you hear about it on your TEE VEE? :20:

Trump signs bipartisan federal animal cruelty bill into law
Trump signs bipartisan federal animal cruelty bill into law
Trump-signs-bipartisan-federal-animal-cruelty-bill-into-law.jpg

U.S. President Donald Trump holds up H.R. 724, the Preventing Animal Cruelty and Torture Act, after signing it during a ceremony in the Oval Office of the White House in Washington, D.C., on Monday. Photo by Michael Reynolds/UPI | License Photo

"It is important that we combat these heinous and sadistic acts of cruelty, which are totally unacceptable in a civilized society," Trump said Monday at the White House before signing the bill.

<snip>

. . . Earlier Monday, Trump honored Conan, a special forces dog that was injured during the raid that killed Islamic State leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi in October.

He said it was fitting that both the bill's signing and the honoring of Conan occurred on the same day.

"We have a responsibility to honor the dignity of God's creation," Trump said. "With today's act, we take the critical step toward being more responsible and humane stewards of our planet and all who we want to cherish and take care of, and all of those who live on it."

Not a chance. They will find something about it to criticize him.

Trump has broken their brains.

We couldn’t have asked for a better president.
I love everything President Trump has done and stands for!

I receive TV still, but only when I wear the antenna outfit shown in my avatar.

People are beginning to ignore the crazy shit we’ve been hearing from democrats.They’re finally waking up to the benefits of having a president who proudly works for Americans. :)

Trump has already done something which pleases the Left. He started a protectionist tariff war.

I try not to be critical of Trump, since so many are way overly critical, but a federal animal abuse laws is ILLEGAL!
The ONLY things the federal government is authorized to regulate are things states can NOT do themselves, like regulate interstate traffic, negotiate international treaties, etc. Animal abuse is NOT something under federal jurisdiction according to the Constitution.
So this is very wrong.
It attempts to negate the authority of states.
And it makes no sense in a practical way.
It means the FBI would have to have a massive state presence, and suspects would have to hire expensive federal lawyers in order to defend themselves.
It would mean those charged would be sent to federal penitentiaries.
It is totally wrong, to the point of being bizarre.
It would be like feds enforcing speed limits or parking regulations.
Insane.

I try not to be critical of Trump, since so many are way overly critical, but a federal animal abuse laws is ILLEGAL!
The ONLY things the federal government is authorized to regulate are things states can NOT do themselves, like regulate interstate traffic, negotiate international treaties, etc. Animal abuse is NOT something under federal jurisdiction according to the Constitution.
So this is very wrong.
It attempts to negate the authority of states.
And it makes no sense in a practical way.
It means the FBI would have to have a massive state presence, and suspects would have to hire expensive federal lawyers in order to defend themselves.
It would mean those charged would be sent to federal penitentiaries.
It is totally wrong, to the point of being bizarre.
It would be like feds enforcing speed limits or parking regulations.
Insane.
You’re dreaming. The federal government long ago gave up on following the constitution. Hence, our government is a lawless entity.

Forum List

Back