Something Strange Is Happening At CNN

mudwhistle

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2009
Headmaster's Office, Hogwarts

CNN is going down the tubes.

"Even anchors who are smart and capable (Don Lemon comes to mind) are today allowed (encouraged?) to speak their minds freely during news broadcasts, often with embarrassing results. If I were to watch CNN today (unlikely), I would doubtless soon find myself yelling at the TV: "Stop telling me what you think, and start telling me what you KNOW!" And even the estimable Anderson Cooper is guilty of this; you could, in fact, make the argument that he's the CNN anchor who started it. I can't count the number of times I've been put off by Anderson's efforts to pre-digest the news and "explain" it to me.

Note to news anchors everywhere: nobody thinks you're all that smart. We know you're mostly just reading the words from a TelePrompTer; words that were written by someone brighter than you, probably; in between your Tourette's-like fits of opinionating to make yourself seem interesting to viewers. You know what would make you interesting? If you were credible."

https://www.quora.com/Is-CNN-a-credible-news-source-anymore

CNN recognizes that their mistake of presenting un-equivalent things as equivalent is a large part of what gave us Trump. They gave every crazy thing Trump said the same credibility as a sane person would receive. They finally realize that they aren't just news readers, but reporters who are responsible to separate fact from fiction.

CNN recognizes that their mistake of presenting un-equivalent things as equivalent is a large part of what gave us Trump. They gave every crazy thing Trump said the same credibility as a sane person would receive. They finally realize that they aren't just news readers, but reporters who are responsible to separate fact from fiction.
That's what in depth analysis is for. Reading the news is not in depth analysis. When reading the news in an unbiased manner, you say stuff like, "The Republican candidate said this today", and "The democrat candidate said that today". Going further and saying, "The Republican candidate lied about this today", while letting democrat candidate lies go unchallenged is biased reporting.

The bottom line remains, CNN is not trying to present the news in an unfiltered manner, it is trying to construct a narrative.

So what you are saying is that they should not report anything that Trump says because they don't want him to be president, and it's their job to present a false narrative.

And now everybody knows.

Bulldog is just pushing the fake narrative, that's what he does. Ineptly. Don't take him seriously or engage in discussion with him, it just leads others to believe he's something other than an imbecilic, amateur shill.

That's what in depth analysis is for. Reading the news is not in depth analysis. When reading the news in an unbiased manner, you say stuff like, "The Republican candidate said this today", and "The democrat candidate said that today". Going further and saying, "The Republican candidate lied about this today", while letting democrat candidate lies go unchallenged is biased reporting.

The bottom line remains, CNN is not trying to present the news in an unfiltered manner, it is trying to construct a narrative.

No Reporting an obvious lie as a lie is their job.

So what you are saying is that they should not report anything that Trump says because they don't want him to be president, and it's their job to present a false narrative.

And now everybody knows.

Wow. Is that what comes out of a RWNJs mind after reading what I wrote?

"Even anchors who are smart and capable (Don Lemon comes to mind) are today allowed (encouraged?) to speak their minds freely during news broadcasts, often with embarrassing results. If I were to watch CNN today (unlikely), I would doubtless soon find myself yelling at the TV: "Stop telling me what you think, and start telling me what you KNOW!" And even the estimable Anderson Cooper is guilty of this; you could, in fact, make the argument that he's the CNN anchor who started it. I can't count the number of times I've been put off by Anderson's efforts to pre-digest the news and "explain" it to me.

Note to news anchors everywhere: nobody thinks you're all that smart. We know you're mostly just reading the words from a TelePrompTer; words that were written by someone brighter than you, probably; in between your Tourette's-like fits of opinionating to make yourself seem interesting to viewers. You know what would make you interesting? If you were credible."

Credible. What an extraordinarily novel idea!

It is really bizarre at CNN. I mean its 24/7 anti Trump. Sure, FOX was not Obamas best friend but their coverage was nothing in comparison.

-Geaux

Why do people watch what they disagree with? I watch CNN in the morning, but mostly HLN since Chris Coumo is too full of himself. Don Lemon and the other night talking heads are worse. It's not just CNN either, but also Fox; all opinion with very few facts. That's why God made DVRs and streaming movies. :D

LMAO at the video compilation. Stupid CNN hack says, she didn't think Comey would back POTUS claim that he, Comey, told him 3 different times he was not under investigation. Video jumps to Comey testimony, where he states that indeed, POTUS was not under investigation

-Geaux

Forum List

Back