Something not very nice about Sen. Allen

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Psychoblues, Oct 29, 2006.

1. Psychoblues

Psychoblues Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +143
    Aside from his racial hatred and love for stomping on the rights of common Americans to pursue happiness and otherwise job satisfaction, here is additional info to absorb about some of his other flaws.

Emails began pouring in earlier today about a rumor on Capitol Hill about some trouble in Sen. George Allen's (R-VA) divorce file. Josh Marshall and others cannot get a response from the Allen campaign.

It seems everyone is emptying their opposition research files today.

Update: A very reputable political reporter tells me this isn't from Democratic opposition research and that it's probably coming out because many feel Allen "crossed the line" when he started talking about Jim Webb's novels.

"I'm told divorce records are usually sealed for two reasons: (a) to protect kids, and (b) to protect large financial fortunes. Neither situation applies in Allen's case, so the suspicion is that it's something not very nice.

Update II: A clue might be in Ryan Lizza's recent piece on Mark Warner that cites a story that had been "making the rounds" about a 2008 presidential contender who "once spit on his wife." That rumor was also about Allen."

More:

http://politicalwire.com/archives/2006/10/27/buzz_in_virginia.html

Ain't it just the climate or maybe the DEVIL IN DISQUISE?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
    Ouuuuuuuuuuu?!!?!?!??!?!?!?!? A character he is indeed. A respected leader he is not. Good luck, Virginia.

Psychoblues

Psychoblues

2. Stephanie

Stephanie Diamond Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27,360
    Now, now.......
    You wouldn't smear a person over a Rumor...
    .Would you Pyschedelia?
    That's not the good liburl way, you know....... tsk tsk......shame of yu

3. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,220
    Why the heck should Webbs novels be out of the race while Webb does nothing but attack Allen on baseless accusations, accusations which you lap up as if they were gospel truth despite no evidence whatsoever.

4. Gem

Gem BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +782
    So we should love and respect Clinton...who if not an outright rapist (rumor) is a chronic adulterer who can't keep it in his pants even when taking phone calls from leaders of other nations (fact).

But we are supposed to villify Allen because he chose to have his divorce records sealed?

Hmm...now that doesn't smack of partisanship at all....does it?

Note, psycho, I'm not stating that Allen might not have something to hide...I just think its a bit ridiculous of you to salivate quite so obviously and intensely over rumors.

5. USMCDevilDog

USMCDevilDog Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +42
    Hmmm, it's funny how Webb was a Republican his entire life and a fellow Marine, then out of nowhere he runs for Senate and such as a Democrat, has a change of views and so on. Sounds like someone is just looking for those votes.

Don't bash a man (Allen) that you couldn't amount to.

After every post it seems like we all should just sit behind you playing that little violin, you're a sad man. :boohoo:

6. Dr Grump

Dr Grump Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,259
    Who says they love and respect Clinton for his foiables? Did you love and respect him after finding out he was an adulter? And if you didn't, and in fact thought he was a piece of trash, then you have answered your other question being:

:thup:

7. USMCDevilDog

USMCDevilDog Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +42
    Since when was a politicians relationships our business? So what if Clinton got head from some lady, that has NOTHING to do with our damn government. Allen sealed his divorce records...um, so? Would you want the entire nation to know about your divorce?

8. jillian

jillian Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,439
    Yeah... I felt that way when they harassed Clinton. But I wouldn't feel too bad for George Allen. Even if you leave his personal relationship out of it, he's still a racist piece of garbage. :beer:

9. USMCDevilDog

USMCDevilDog Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +42
    ....all joking aside, who isn't racist?

and yeah, he said "macaca", that was dumb, but shit, its not like Webb isn't white too ya know? I'd bet some money that he too has very racist views.

Tell me you weren't the slightest bit racist after 9/11, or if a black gang robbed your house or some MS-13 member pulled some stupid shit on your family. Racism is alive and everyone somewhere inside has a bit of it. Even I do. I have friends of all races but sometimes, it's hard not to hate.

10. jillian

jillian Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,439
    It was more than dumb. It was a reflection on his character, IMO.

FWIW, I'm not racist. I have certain biases, certainly, but those are based on how certain things impact on me. For example, I have little tolerance for fundamentalism of any kind. I think it's dangerous. That doesn't mean that I haven't met people with fundamentalist beliefs who are terrific people.

As for 9/11... you know, I really didn't. My views toward fundamentalist Islam were pretty much already formed and I had and have pretty strong opinions in that regard. I have pretty much a no tolerance policy when it comes to violence directed solely at civilians.

I try not to hate. It's an unproductive emotion. I hate evil actions. But I think there are far better reasons to hate than what people are born and can't control. Does that make sense?

Anyway, sleep time for me. Thank you for your response.